IG Veterans scavange equipment - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-21-08, 11:00 PM Thread Starter

Default IG Veterans scavange equipment

Hey there.

Soldiers who are tempered in combat have been known to take weapons -- sometimes superior to their own -- for combat use or for trophies. However how far do you think this would go? Would it be tolerated if a squad of grizzled Guardsmen use scavenged Tau armour for greater protection? Would it be prohibited? Would it be encouraged?

What do you think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-21-08, 11:27 PM

I'd think discouraged on the whole. Trophies is one thing, prefering xeno-tech to good old fashioned Imperial God-given methods is something else. Something heretical and tainted.

"Discouraged" as in "by a Commissar, with a BLAM! to the back of the head".

That's what I reckon. Idiot Imperials.

:big green lootin' cyclops:

"Well it's Forty-one Thousand Nine Hundred Sixty-nine OK -
Gotta war across the Milky Way - "
Iggius Popiscus and the Stoogii, "41,969"

post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-21-08, 11:30 PM

Heresy.....

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-21-08, 11:30 PM
The Traveler

Dirge Eterna's Flag is: USA

The regimental Commissar would be on them like a bad coat. 98% of Imperials absolutely believe xenos artifacts are heretical and will make your eyes fall out, while the other 2%, being the Adeptus Mechanicus, probably won't let you know that Tau gear is better then Imperial.

Weapons might be a little more tolerated, like pulse rifles and carbines. It certainly wouldn't be encouraged (Guardsmen without their issued weapons!? Heresy! Fetch my bolt pistol!). I'd say that the most would be airborne regiments, or regiments trapped behind-the-lines for an extended period. You could imagine that they would scavenge battlefield supplies in order to remain active.

-Dirge

You'll forgive me, but you must be mistaken. I've met your makers, and they don't even know your name...

GIVING CHASE- ORDO HERETICUS FIC
(Updated Mar. 19)

Hat in the Ring
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-21-08, 11:40 PM Thread Starter

Personally I think it's down to the regiment.

Commanders want their men to be as protected as possible, and more lenient commissars (if the regiment had any) would turn a blind eye. That's what I believe anyway. I think the worst that could happen would be 10 licks of a whip or latrine duty.

'Oh, Commissar Kursk, I just picked up this piece of Tau armou-'

'Don't worry, Trooper Beltayn, just scratch off the insignia in place of the Eagle... and don't make a habit of it.'

Last edited by KellysGrenadier; 08-21-08 at 11:43 PM.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-22-08, 03:47 AM

ironhammer's Flag is: USA

I think taking xenos equipment as trophies is tolerated, but I don't think they could use most Xenos tech even if they wanted to, because they wouldn't even know how to use it. Or in the case of Ork equipment, the imperial weapons are better anyway.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-22-08, 04:13 AM

Xenos technology is bad very bad..... Imperial tech good Xenos bad Imperial good
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-22-08, 04:57 AM
Pally-HO!!!!

Captain Galus's Flag is: USA

I think that would warrant a ten-ninety from any sane commissar...but guardsmen in Tau armor would look pretty sweet I won't lie.

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-22-08, 10:54 AM

The army would look good and you could take carapace armour doctrine to represent this. However, in the fluff they would all not be allowed to keep these things except some trophies like heads. You could make a tau human auxillary army where the population of the planet has agreed with the tau's rule. Then replace the guns with tau ones ut use the IG rules.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-22-08, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

No I'm not making Auxiliaries, just asking the general opinion. I personally model my vets with Kroot knives and grenades, and acquired Astartes pistols and paraphernalia.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode