25 aniversey of 40k - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-18-08, 03:00 AM

BloodAngelZeros's Flag is: USA

I would love to see a sanguinius model, but highly doubtful that will come out. I think something revolving around the heresy would be great.

"There is a cancer eating at the Imperium. With each decade it advances deeper, leaving drained, dead worlds in its wake. This horror, this abomination, has though and purpose which functions on an unimaginable, galactic scale and all we can do is try to stop the swarms of bio-engineered monsters it unleashes upon us by instinct. We have given the horror a name to salve our fears; we call it the Tyranid race, but if it is aware of us at all, it must know us only as Prey."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-18-08, 03:03 AM

BloodAngelZeros's Flag is: USA

oh, and the 25th anniversary isn't until 2012 I believe. The first edition came out in 1987.

"There is a cancer eating at the Imperium. With each decade it advances deeper, leaving drained, dead worlds in its wake. This horror, this abomination, has though and purpose which functions on an unimaginable, galactic scale and all we can do is try to stop the swarms of bio-engineered monsters it unleashes upon us by instinct. We have given the horror a name to salve our fears; we call it the Tyranid race, but if it is aware of us at all, it must know us only as Prey."
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-18-08, 03:18 AM Thread Starter

Widowmaker666's Flag is: USA

i thought rogue trader game out in 85? im probably wrong seeing as i wasn't alive then. but i think that something around the heresy is very plausible. the novels are a huge hit so i think if they make stuff around the heresy it would bring in huge sales. GW will probably be the money-mongers that they are and only release them in metal so we will have to sell our kidneys in order to get anything.

post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-18-08, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widowmaker666 View Post
i thought rogue trader game out in 85? im probably wrong seeing as i wasn't alive then.
You weren't ALIVE in '85?!?!?!

Jesus Christ on a Popsicle stick! I am one old bastard....
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-18-08, 04:02 AM

Untitled401's Flag is: Canada

I'd like them to re-release those transport and troops sets they had before. Like the CSM rhino that had 5 CSM for free, those were awesome and id buy 4 if they came out again. I only managed to get my hands on 2 and then they were gone sooo fast. They still have the eldar one at my local GW lol.

\/ Help a chaos brother out and click on my daemons
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-18-08, 04:32 AM

Zorenthewise's Flag is: USA

No boxed sets? That would be quite distressing, even with the apocalypse sets!

"Did you just deploy your guardsmen in ranks?" - Quote from my last battle

post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-18-08, 05:05 AM Thread Starter

Widowmaker666's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki_tbc View Post
You weren't ALIVE in '85?!?!?!

Jesus Christ on a Popsicle stick! I am one old bastard....
hey with age comes wisdom. and im a youngin anyway, havent graduated high school yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorenthewise View Post
No boxed sets? That would be quite distressing, even with the apocalypse sets!
they might one can never know. your guess is better than mine probably. i want plastic ogryn (drools) im fine with the kasrkin models as they are AMAZING! the sergeant looks dumb but i fixed him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untitled401 View Post
I'd like them to re-release those transport and troops sets they had before. Like the CSM rhino that had 5 CSM for free, those were awesome and id buy 4 if they came out again. I only managed to get my hands on 2 and then they were gone sooo fast. They still have the eldar one at my local GW lol.
i wanted to get some but they were like only through GW and i dont have a GW store anywhere near me (America sucks.) and my local hobbystore didnt stock them and i never had a chance to order a couple of boxes of the IG one oe Marines. fuck i was going to do a mechanized list too. and the rhinos would be for my daemonhunters and the marines would go to my bloodravens. (i dont use tanks for bloodravens only a dreadnaught or 2)
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-18-08, 11:31 AM

Unknown Primarch's Flag is: United Kingdom

the emperor is too much to ask for and like someone said it would probably ruin the game so maybe a return of the lost primarchs or at least some information. its gonna be a imperial character as they have the most impact on the story of 40k. i mean how many people would be bothered in eldrad ulthran came back as it doesnt advance anything in the 40k universe. primarchs are the next big thing to the emperor so its gotta be one of them. i think it will be Leman Russ. i heard that the wolves are gonna get another look at and what better way than to bring Russ back to cause havoc in the imperium
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-18-08, 01:36 PM

Grand Master Belial's Flag is: USA

Just for sheer comedic value.

The White Squat. The lone survivor of the fall of the Squat Homeworld.

What is the terror of death? That we die, our work incomplete. But what is the joy of life? To die, knowing our task is done.
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-18-08, 01:48 PM

sgt macragge's Flag is: United Kingdom

im hoping a few remaked chapter masters, including a new marneus calgar in artificer armour replacing the old one but not the termy one

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode