Necron method of space travel - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-28-14, 07:26 PM
Brother Lucian's Flag is: Denmark

Personally I think they have far more character now that they arent a faceless horde of metal skeletons from a single ultra monolithic culture.

As well giving reason for necrons clashing against necrons. The dynasties warring against each other for supremacy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-28-14, 09:22 PM

Over Two Meters Tall!'s Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon of Humanity View Post
It seems the old ones power came mostly from the warp.

While necrons seem to have mastered every branch of science known before the fragmentation of there empire due lack of psi magic even when they were flesh.
I would argue that Necrons don't seem to have really mastered the biological sciences. While they created insane 'organic' metal and infuse their own conciousnesses into the metal, they still were't able to biologically extend their own lives in any significant way. In addition, if they had the biological know-how, they could avoid most of their fighting by just dropping a nasty virus on a planet and clean up afterwards, a la Nurgle.

I haven't seen anything that indicates the Old Ones were near-immortal, like their creations the Eldar, due to the Warp. On the other hand, they seem to have no problem actually creating new and different species that are amazingly advanced/complex.

The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you have to load, or if you have to unload, go to the White Zone. You'll love it... it's a way of life.

Nick Naylor: Cigarettes in space?
Jeff Megall: It's the final frontier, Nick.
Nick Naylor: But wouldn't they blow up in an all oxygen environment?
Jeff Megall: Probably. But it's an easy fix. One line of dialogue. 'Thank God we invented the... you know, whatever device.'
post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-28-14, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over Two Meters Tall! View Post
I would argue that Necrons don't seem to have really mastered the biological sciences. While they created insane 'organic' metal and infuse their own conciousnesses into the metal, they still were't able to biologically extend their own lives in any significant way. In addition, if they had the biological know-how, they could avoid most of their fighting by just dropping a nasty virus on a planet and clean up afterwards, a la Nurgle.

I haven't seen anything that indicates the Old Ones were near-immortal, like their creations the Eldar, due to the Warp. On the other hand, they seem to have no problem actually creating new and different species that are amazingly advanced/complex.
I agree they mastered the mechanical sciences but didn't do the bio bits so well my guess bio science would require having some degree flesh to help themselves in that department there is no necronthyr dna in existence anymore so helping themselves like that is out of the question.

post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-29-14, 08:52 AM
Feed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over Two Meters Tall! View Post
Older, long standing lore has always painted the Old Ones as being nigh immortal, and nothing has retconned that yet. It was indeed for this very reason that the necrontyr originally went to war with them. The necrontyr were a short lived species, and begged the Old Ones to help them when they couldn't solve their mortality crisis themselves.

For whatever reason, the Old Ones refused, and so war was had.

Nonsense is our Salvation

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode