How would a whole legion do take on all of commorragh? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-12-14, 03:49 AM Thread Starter

Default How would a whole legion do take on all of commorragh?

Would a primarch and a whole legion be able to take out the dark eldars if they found a webway portal into commorragh ?

I mean from reading the raid on Commorragh in lexicanum it was just the Salamenders that did allot of damage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-12-14, 04:08 AM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwak76 View Post
Would a primarch and a whole legion be able to take out the dark eldars if they found a webway portal into commorragh ?

I mean from reading the raid on Commorragh in lexicanum it was just the Salamenders that did allot of damage.
I honestly think, that an entire legion attacking commorragh directly would have devastating effects on Commoragh and the dark eldar. just imagine Horus and his legion, or for example the Imperial fists or Ultramarines as a legion with primarch and all entering the webway and comming out over commoragh and unleashing all hell. I think it might actualy end up becoming a cull.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-12-14, 09:02 AM

Brobaddon's Flag is: Croatia

Depends, really... The problem with Commorragh is its size and population. While the Dark city itself may be large as an entire planet, there's probably hundreds of milions of DE in it, if not billions. Not counting xeno mercenaries and so on.

DE can also close off and isolate portions of Commorragh... so it's questionable if a legion would be able to effectively hunt them all down and kill....

Ofc, that doesn't means a legion wouldn't stand a chance, it's afterall at least 100,000 marines we are talking about.

Even if Imperium managed to defeat most of Commorragh, I guess the remaining DE would flee. Eldar aren't really known for static wars and last stands.

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-12-14, 10:05 AM
Feed

I think the initial damage will be the telling factor. If the astartes can strike a critical section of the city early, they may be able to deal crippling damage to the key resources and cohesion of the dark eldar forces.

If they hit what is ultimately an expendable node of Commoragh, chances are the DE will gradually be able to turn the tide.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-12-14, 10:07 AM

Moriouce's Flag is: Sweden

I think it would spell the end of commorragh. But remember that commorragh ain't the only city of the DE. So it would by no means spell the end of the DE.

Good to be green

Barks Dakka Ladz: W3-D2-L3
Altansar Eldar: W3-D0-L2

post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-12-14, 10:29 AM

effigy22's Flag is: United Kingdom

I don't think they would be successful at all. They will do a huge amount of damage but will most likely take crippling damage themselves.

I think the main things here it wouldn't be just the dark eldar. If it was a full blown extermination I sincerely believe the Craftworlds would get involved and not just them but the Harlequins as well. Now they are facing 3 "worlds" military.

That and as previously stated the "nodes" can be cut off from each other and nothing spoils a legions day than being isolated in an area when a black hole is opened up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svartmetall View Post
Don't, after rolling that final 1 too many, flip out, climb up on the table and jump up and down on your opponent's models screaming 'APOCALYPTIC BARRAGE, MOTHERFUCKER!!!'.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-12-14, 10:52 AM
Feed

Quote:
Originally Posted by effigy22 View Post
I think the main things here it wouldn't be just the dark eldar. If it was a full blown extermination I sincerely believe the Craftworlds would get involved and not just them but the Harlequins as well. Now they are facing 3 "worlds" military.
I actually hadn't considered this. I'm not so sure craftworlders or exodites wold get involved, but the Harlequins certainly would. I suppose it is quite possible that the Harlequins might pressure other sects of the eldar into lending an assist.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-12-14, 10:59 AM

effigy22's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
I actually hadn't considered this. I'm not so sure craftworlders or exodites wold get involved, but the Harlequins certainly would. I suppose it is quite possible that the Harlequins might pressure other sects of the eldar into lending an assist.
As much as the DE and CWE don't get along they both share a common cause of "Survival" - the DE would not (imo) ask for help but as you said, Harlies would and the CWE no better than to refuse a Harlequin.

Exodites however, I don't believe they would what so ever, I think of them as Imperial PDF. Not really equipped to fight and tend to be the fluff whipping boy (along side Avatars).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svartmetall View Post
Don't, after rolling that final 1 too many, flip out, climb up on the table and jump up and down on your opponent's models screaming 'APOCALYPTIC BARRAGE, MOTHERFUCKER!!!'.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-12-14, 01:08 PM

Rems's Flag is: Australia

The concentrated force of an entire legion is a force which can end entire species and civilizations. (As per Forgeworld's Heresy books).

So yes, a legion with all its assets and personnel could eliminate Commarragh.

post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-12-14, 06:58 PM
hailene's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rems View Post
The concentrated force of an entire legion is a force which can end entire species and civilizations.
Not all civilizations are made equal, though. Modern Earth's military doesn't hold a candle to what the Dark Eldar could bring to bear.

That being said, I think the Legion and Primarch would crush the Dark Eldar.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode