Deadliest creatures/commanders/ of Warhammer 40k universe - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-21-14, 02:55 PM

Well in that case, id say a hive tyrant. I mean its cunning and intelligent enough to bring down any foe, it commands an army with no end to its numbers. It is a beast upon the battlefield and its tactics match even the greatest of tacticians. Also it can never truly die and learns from its mistakes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-21-14, 04:08 PM

Then I would say a Destroyer Lord, commands a fleet of unkillable (they just redownload into another body), highly modified machines that are able to calculate the most efficient means of death to all living things.

That and Mindshackle scarabs can cause any enemy to kill themselves/their armies/command in favor of the Necrons. The have mastered mind control and killing, nothing can beat it really.
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-21-14, 04:22 PM
Irn Bru 32!

Nacho libre's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Commander View Post
highly modified machines that are able to calculate the most efficient means of death to all living things.
but they still cant complete a maths question.

post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-21-14, 04:23 PM
Irn Bru 32!

Nacho libre's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terricus View Post
Well in that case, id say a hive tyrant. I mean its cunning and intelligent enough to bring down any foe, it commands an army with no end to its numbers. It is a beast upon the battlefield and its tactics match even the greatest of tacticians. Also it can never truly die and learns from its mistakes.
i don't thinks its intelligence i think its just instincts.
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-21-14, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho libre View Post
i don't thinks its intelligence i think its just instincts.
They have somewhat of a seperate mind from the hivemind. It is so they can have more control of their armies. Or what I've read from the new dex lol cunning and instinct is part of his deadly form.
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-21-14, 04:54 PM

The Irish Commissar's Flag is: Ireland

What about a good old chapter master. Their some of the best warriors in the universe and have years of experience.

6th Edition. 7th Edition

Eldar. Eldar
W14-D1-L4. W2-D0-L0

Imperial guard
W3-D2-L1

Space marine's
W0-D0-L0
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-21-14, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Commander View Post
Then I would say a Destroyer Lord, commands a fleet of unkillable (they just redownload into another body), highly modified machines that are able to calculate the most efficient means of death to all living things.

That and Mindshackle scarabs can cause any enemy to kill themselves/their armies/command in favor of the Necrons. The have mastered mind control and killing, nothing can beat it really.
Soooo a kill calculator.
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-21-14, 05:45 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOftheNight View Post
It seems no one here is listening.
Actually you'll find it's you who isn't listening.

Quote:
I specifically mentioned no special characters.
No, actually you specifically mentioned no: "Primarchs, Phoenix lords, special astartes characters as well as other special xeno/demon characters are off limits."

So entries such as the Tanith characters, Creed and assassins are all still valid by your guidelines. Think it's a little odd that all these should be out of contention and more from your, updated shall we say, rules, and yet you then pick Necrons overlords who are in command of potentially, thousands of worlds.

Quote:
No guys like Gaunt and Cain who casually kill astartes whenever they feel like it, like no commisar should be capable off.
A woefully naive point of view in my opinion, but ok, whatever you think.

I'll go with whoever the current Captain-General of the Adeptus Custodes is. Being the leader of the Emperors personal guard, I'm willing to bet he could successfully call on just about every single Astartes Chapter, including the Grey Knights, Guard Regiment, Titan Legion, Knight Household and every other asset the Imperium has if push really came to shove.
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-21-14, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

Brobaddon's Flag is: Croatia

No they are not. Read what I wrote. I specifically stated no special characters. That INCLUDES Creed, Tanith characters and SPECIAL assassins. Nameless assassins are fine. Nameless Chaos Space Marines are fine, Nameless chapter masters are fine too, so are Ig Commisars and so on. I don't know what's so hard to grasp here.

Anyway, still sticking with the Necron Overlords, or possibly a Swarmlord.
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-21-14, 06:48 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
If you had to pick one Xeno/human/whatever as the warhammer's mightiest single force, who would you choose and why? Primarchs, Phoenix lords, special astartes characters as well as other special xeno/demon characters are off limits.
Nowhere there do you mention non-Astartes, xeno or demon special characters.

Not hard to grasp at all. If you're going to be brash with people replying to your thread, then I'm going to get pedantic. Look at the exact wording you used in that quote of your opening post. You will see that I, am right, where as you, are wrong. End of.

Last edited by Angel of Blood; 04-21-14 at 06:50 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode