Where does Malcador Rank as a Psyker? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-18-14, 03:01 AM Thread Starter

Warlock in Training's Flag is: USA

Default Where does Malcador Rank as a Psyker?

I know the Emperor would be first, Magnus second to the Big E, and maybe Logar third after his Chaos awakening. But where does Malcador fit here? Alot of people think he is second to the Big E, and we know thats not true due to several statements, so I wonder how high is he? I never read fluff on him much in books or codexes. Where does he fit in terms to Eldrad, Ahriman, ect?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-18-14, 04:54 AM
Feed

In terms of raw power? Who knows. Certainly Alpha plus at least to have any chance of operating the throne.

Psychic abilities are utilized in different ways by different individuals however so it's a tough call. While Eldrad's mental powers might be unparalleled in terms of seeing the future, there's no guarantee he'd be able to match Ahriman in an all out mental duel.

Similarly, Ahriman's knowledge of Chaos exceeds most other psykers so there is much higher potential for daemonic assistance.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-18-14, 06:03 AM

Estimation of 40k power level, especially psychic power level is always a difficult endeavor, except in a few of unarguable cases, such as Emperor and Magnus.

Malcador is definitely a powerful psyker, an Alpha-plus class, perhaps. But as far as I know there is no any clear sources or remarks about assignment of Regent of Terra's power.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-18-14, 11:38 AM

I'd say
Emperor
Magnus
Malcador

At least for humans
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-18-14, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by locustgate View Post
I'd say
Emperor
Magnus
Malcador

At least for humans
You think Malcador rates higher than say Logar after his Chaos endeavors?
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-18-14, 02:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock in Training View Post
You think Malcador rates higher than say Logar after his Chaos endeavors?
Who is this Logar you keep speaking of? Does he have any relation to Lorgar?

Overall, I think I would rank Malcador as number four or five; with the Emperor as head hancho, Magnus trailing behind, Lorgar running third, and maybe one more of the primarchs eking in that fourth spot (but since I can't name anyone in particular, hence Malcador being four or five.)

Though considering the primarchs were created using a bit of warp magic and Malcador is likely just a slightly augmented human, is entirely fair to even consider them when ranking?

Damnation is paved on good intentions; subtle and sugar coated or blunt and honest
A hero is someone who steps up when everyone else backs down.
Popularity is what people strive for when they lack the strength to be themselves.

Seriously, is it really that hard to write reviews without spoilers?

Reporting Posts - read this
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-18-14, 03:10 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

It's difficult where to place him with the Primarchs in consideration. We know Magnus is number two, and Lorgar certainly looks to be the likely contender for the next most powerful of the Primarchs, though who knows what others like Sanguinius could be capable of, or Horus after the Gods fuel him with their power.

Whatever the case, I would say Malcador is probably the most powerful psyker to have existed outside of the Emperor himself and the Primarchs, at least from all evidence. Just look at what he did with Titan, or that he was able to effectively brush off that hit from Lorgar at the ruins of Monarchia. Not to mention being able to power the Golden Throne for a significant amount of time.

Whatever machinations and ploys he ran behind the scenes, the Imperium irrefutably lost one of it's greatest and most powerful assets when he died.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-18-14, 04:05 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

The older fluff maintained he was second only to the boss man himself. I know Magnus has been given a boost in the HH novels, but Malcador would certainly match him for skill, considering how long he was at it. Experience can match raw power at times.

Lorgar doesn't come into the equation at all. His powers didn't manifest until after he had fallen to Chaos, so they will always be in doubt as to whether the power was his, or a boon from the gods.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-18-14, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkreever View Post
Who is this Logar you keep speaking of? Does he have any relation to Lorgar?

Overall, I think I would rank Malcador as number four or five; with the Emperor as head hancho, Magnus trailing behind, Lorgar running third, and maybe one more of the primarchs eking in that fourth spot (but since I can't name anyone in particular, hence Malcador being four or five.)

Though considering the primarchs were created using a bit of warp magic and Malcador is likely just a slightly augmented human, is entirely fair to even consider them when ranking?
Yes, for some reason I always forget the first R in his name.

Also I wonder if Malcador could compare to say Eldrad or Ahriman in power. He seems relatively featless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
The older fluff maintained he was second only to the boss man himself. I know Magnus has been given a boost in the HH novels, but Malcador would certainly match him for skill, considering how long he was at it. Experience can match raw power at times.

Lorgar doesn't come into the equation at all. His powers didn't manifest until after he had fallen to Chaos, so they will always be in doubt as to whether the power was his, or a boon from the gods.
I counted Lorgar overall as his final version rather than starting powers. Whether they were a boon or not, I meant Lorgar as at his best.

I just seen only statements of how powerful Macaldor is, but nothing codex or book wise to really showed it. He hid a moon once, but we never knew how. Was their tech involved, did he need prep, ect.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-18-14, 09:27 PM
Brother Lucian's Flag is: Denmark

Considering Magnus was intended to be pretty much permanently warming the seat of the Golden Throne to guide the imperial fleets, it rules out Malcador as a serious contender for the top 3 spots. As we all know he ended up as a pretty pile of ashes after a short while on the hot seat.

The Emperor
Magnus the Red
Lorgar (Post Fall)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode