Creature - Rakghoul - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-08, 03:40 PM Thread Starter

Default Creature - Rakghoul

right i know its star wars but i thought this creature may fit into the game , i created it by using the creature creater in the GW website:

Rakghoul Points Cost: 46

Models: 1-8

Size: Medium 9 pts

Locomotion: bipedal 0 pts

Attributes:

+1 Strength 3 pts
+1 Attack 4 pts
Fleet of Foot 5 pts
+1 WS 2 pts
+3 I 3 pts

Abilities

Camouflage 2 pts
Dodge 7 pts
Poison 5 pts
Plague Ridden 6 pts

WS - 5
BS
S - 5
T - 4
I - 7
W - 1
A - 2
LD - 10
SV - 6+

Rakghouls are incredibly fast and powerful in a fight, with some powerful rules designed to weaken thier foes. However they are weak defencewise, espicially against concentrated missile fire, and their high points cost doesnt help that, your best bet in using them is to use cover to protect them and try to get in close as soon as possible to use thier high initiative and strength to your advantage.

Later on ill do a rakghoul fiend which is basically the leader of them, hope you like, please comment
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-08, 04:09 PM

Dies Irae's Flag is: France

Location: In space, targeting you with plasma cannons. (Actually I am from France)

In KoTOR, the Rakgouls are easy to kill, even you are only lvl 10... i remember fighting 5 at a time, with Mission Vao and her Wookie.

WS4 BS- S4 T3 I5 W1 A3 Ld7 Sv- would be better, at a cost of....11 points??? maybe more

Check out my army: Iron Warriors 44th company

Sanity is for the weak
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-08, 04:26 PM

two things:
1) shouldn't this be in the Houserules and Homebrews Section?
2) the creature creator on GW's website (the article is called Creature Feature), they are always Ld 10, but you could probably add another thing to the attributes:

limited bravery: -1Ld -1/-3/-5

for those of you who have not seen creature feature, the lack of a * after the words 'limited bravery' means that this attribute may be taken a max. of 3 times (so the lowest it could go to would be Ld7), and the -1/-3/-5 bit means that small creatures get their pts cost lowered by 1 each time it is taken, medium creatures get their pts cost lowered by 3 each time it is taken, and large creatures get their pts cost lowered by 5 each time it is taken.

also, don't know how big a Rakgoul is, but, here is a size thing:
-small creatures are the size of a man
-medium creatures are the size of a van
-large creatures are the size of a big tree (about two-three times as big as the van)
-small creatures that have taken the attribute 'weak' once are just over a metre tall.
-those who have taken it twice are about half a metre tall.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-08, 04:56 PM Thread Starter

right because i did get some things wrong, like the size of the creature (thank you Railguns are fun) and they are weak (although to be fair Dies Irae they can still be a nightmare ) i reworked the rules a bit, they still have the same attributes and abilities as before though:

Rakghoul Points Cost: 26

Models: 1-8

Size: Small 3 pts

Locomotion: bipedal 0 pts

Attributes:

+1 Strength 3 pts
+1 Attack 4 pts
Fleet of Foot 5 pts
+1 WS 2 pts
+3 I 3 pts

Abilities

Camouflage 2 pts
Dodge 7 pts
Poison 5 pts
Plague Ridden 6 pts

WS - 4
BS
S - 4
T - 3
I - 7
W - 1
A - 2
LD - 7
SV - 6+

hows this?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-01-08, 05:10 PM

from my calculations it equals 40pts, and he would be Ld 10, but if you use my 'limited bravery' rule for the Ld7, it would be worth 37pts.
i've no idea what a Rakghoul is, but remember that a guardsmen, a SM, a fire warrior, a guardian, an aspect warrior, all have 1 attack, so unless a Rakghoul has a lot of limbs, or is very elite, it wouldn't have 2 attacks. do they wear armour? it only has a 6+ sv.
and if it is a standard troop for a Rakghoul-army, the points will have to come down (37pts for a single, T3, W1 model doesn't sound very good.) also, are they actually plague-ridden?

like i say i have no idea what a Rakghoul is, just pointing out some stuff that doesn't make sense to me as a 40k player.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode