Emperor Finishing the Webway Link - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-02-14, 02:25 PM
Senior Member
 
Brobaddon's Avatar
Brobaddon's Flag is: Croatia
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Croatia
Posts: 190
Reputation: 2
Default

You're being unfair though. Eldar knew about chaos for milions of years. Primarchs and most of the imperium did not, aside Emperor.

While Eldar's technology certainly is more superior when it comes to wide-general use, I'm quite sure some of the STC would come pretty close to Eldar's technology. Not to mention technology used by officio assassinorum, inquisition and so on isn't leaping far behind.

Quote:
and can easily out predict the Emperor who was totally and easily blinded by the Chaos Powers in foresight
Didn't you mean Horus? Emperor was never blinded by Chaos powers aside denying his son's fall to ruinous powers.
Brobaddon is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-02-14, 03:53 PM
Senior Member
 
Warlock in Training's Avatar
Warlock in Training's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,475
Reputation: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOftheNight View Post
You're being unfair though. Eldar knew about chaos for milions of years. Primarchs and most of the imperium did not, aside Emperor.

While Eldar's technology certainly is more superior when it comes to wide-general use, I'm quite sure some of the STC would come pretty close to Eldar's technology. Not to mention technology used by officio assassinorum, inquisition and so on isn't leaping far behind.



Didn't you mean Horus? Emperor was never blinded by Chaos powers aside denying his son's fall to ruinous powers.
Again I disagree. There is simply nothing nothing tech wise that comes close to Eldar and Necs. Blackstone Fortress? Eldar. C'tan blade? Necron. Things that are most advance for Imperium, plasma comes to mind, is far inferior.

Also the emp was blinded by chaos many times. He was blinded by Chaos when the. Primarchs were taken. Blinded by Horus being a traitor when he was waging war. Blinded by Logar who was a traitor for two years before the Heresy. Emp was blinded by Tzeentch manipulating his most powerful Legion into his service, tricked by Tzeentch infact.

Emp in short is the most powerful Psyker, not the most finesse.
Warlock in Training is offline  
post #33 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-03-14, 03:22 AM
Deathwing Commissar
 
Phoebus's Avatar
Phoebus's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Wandering...
Posts: 1,846
Reputation: 23
Default

Warlock, I'm not sure how else to explain the faulty logic of your argument.

You're comparing the Eldar - who demonstrably did not fight against either Horus or the Emperor - with individuals who did fight the foes you cite.

You keep citing technology that was never used against the foes in question. You're ignoring the fact that the Eldar lost at least one Craftworld during the Great Crusade. If the Eldar were able to use weaponized black hole technology against foes that mattered during the Great Crusade era, I'm pretty they would have done so in cases such as those illustrated in Prospero Burns.. I'm pretty sure their attempts (assuming the Autarch aiding the Cabal wasn't a renegade) to thwart the Emperor and Horus would not have been limited to using secret agents and assassins.
Phoebus is offline  
 
post #34 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-05-14, 02:45 PM
Senior Member
 
Zakath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Northern Europe
Posts: 197
Reputation: 1
Default

Just to throw in my two cents:

- I am reading the GK and BA codecies right now and I find nothing rivalling the Eldar or Necron technology.
- While the Eldar as a race have many tools and skills (preserved from the Fall), I doubt they had good chances at thwarting the Emperor’s webway project in the long run.
-- Ulthwé may have foreseen it all but may have not possessed the needed tools
-- Ulthwé may not even have had the tools to contact other Craftworlds to borrow such tools etc.
-- Especially so soon after the Fall as at the time of HH, Eldar may not have reinvented much of their capabilities. Paths, psychic runes and spirit stones were relatively new back then, how do we know if the Eldar had learned to use Black Holes in a Box with the new Chaos god around?
- The Emperor has access to the knowledge of ancient human shamans much in the same way as Exarchs and Farseers do. He has the knowledge and skills bargained from Chaos. He is the most powerful mortal psyker in the galaxy, for sure, and even if His inheritaged knowledge comes from only mammals, He has it. It is IMO a weird thought to regard Him as not skilled..

Ps. Comparing game effects and raw power between Eldar and other psykers is unfair, IMHO. Eldar can never use their full potential in fear of Slaanesh and that affects the psychic effects they produce. I guess buffs are easier for them to produce than DPS? I'd say Eldar seers are considerably more powerful than their game stats would suggest.

Zakath is offline  
post #35 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-05-14, 03:58 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 75
Reputation: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoebus View Post
Warlock, I'm not sure how else to explain the faulty logic of your argument.

You're comparing the Eldar - who demonstrably did not fight against either Horus or the Emperor - with individuals who did fight the foes you cite.
To be fair, some Eldar did fight in the Heresy. Like the ones in Butcher's Nails, who tried to kill Angron.
Karthak is offline  
post #36 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-05-14, 04:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Over Two Meters Tall!'s Avatar
Over Two Meters Tall!'s Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 638
Reputation: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock in Training View Post
Also the emp was blinded by chaos many times. He was blinded by Chaos when the. Primarchs were taken. Blinded by Horus being a traitor when he was waging war. Blinded by Logar who was a traitor for two years before the Heresy. Emp was blinded by Tzeentch manipulating his most powerful Legion into his service, tricked by Tzeentch infact.

Emp in short is the most powerful Psyker, not the most finesse.
I would note that the vast majority of the Eldar Race, while having 60 million years + of society and incredible finesse also got tricked by Chaos in a very cataclismic way.

Granted, in support of your point, Lorgar had turned traitor for 50+ years prior to the HH and the Emperor never seemed to sniff out that little surprise. (from First Heretic)

The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you have to load, or if you have to unload, go to the White Zone. You'll love it... it's a way of life.

Nick Naylor: Cigarettes in space?
Jeff Megall: It's the final frontier, Nick.
Nick Naylor: But wouldn't they blow up in an all oxygen environment?
Jeff Megall: Probably. But it's an easy fix. One line of dialogue. 'Thank God we invented the... you know, whatever device.'
Over Two Meters Tall! is offline  
post #37 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-09-14, 09:00 PM
Senior Member
 
Warlock in Training's Avatar
Warlock in Training's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,475
Reputation: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over Two Meters Tall! View Post
I would note that the vast majority of the Eldar Race, while having 60 million years + of society and incredible finesse also got tricked by Chaos in a very cataclismic way.

Eldar seers foresaw the coming Fall. Thus why so many Craftworlds escape to begin with, and the Dark Eldar made many dimensions in the Webway. They were not blinded at all. They simply did not care, at least more than half did not care, and just dealed with it.
Warlock in Training is offline  
post #38 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-11-14, 10:08 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 73
Reputation: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock in Training View Post
Again I disagree. There is simply nothing nothing tech wise that comes close to Eldar and Necs. Blackstone Fortress? Eldar. C'tan blade? Necron. Things that are most advance for Imperium, plasma comes to mind, is far inferior.

Also the emp was blinded by chaos many times. He was blinded by Chaos when the. Primarchs were taken. Blinded by Horus being a traitor when he was waging war. Blinded by Logar who was a traitor for two years before the Heresy. Emp was blinded by Tzeentch manipulating his most powerful Legion into his service, tricked by Tzeentch infact.

Emp in short is the most powerful Psyker, not the most finesse.
Perhaps imp now tech is inferior but in old days of man thats another story there was this novel some sort of super ship the mechanicus have from old days it destroyed an eldar cruiser with one shot during a gravitational disturbance with pin point prefect accuracy with weapons called chorno canons
Demon of Humanity is offline  
post #39 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-13-14, 11:40 PM
Senior Member
 
Over Two Meters Tall!'s Avatar
Over Two Meters Tall!'s Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 638
Reputation: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon of Humanity View Post
Perhaps imp now tech is inferior but in old days of man thats another story there was this novel some sort of super ship the mechanicus have from old days it destroyed an eldar cruiser with one shot during a gravitational disturbance with pin point prefect accuracy with weapons called chorno canons
Sounds cool, do you have a citation?

The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you have to load, or if you have to unload, go to the White Zone. You'll love it... it's a way of life.

Nick Naylor: Cigarettes in space?
Jeff Megall: It's the final frontier, Nick.
Nick Naylor: But wouldn't they blow up in an all oxygen environment?
Jeff Megall: Probably. But it's an easy fix. One line of dialogue. 'Thank God we invented the... you know, whatever device.'
Over Two Meters Tall! is offline  
post #40 of 57 (permalink) Old 05-13-14, 11:43 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 73
Reputation: 1
Default

http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Standard_Template_Construct the last part its spoiler from somethingc alled priests of mars reviewed in a special way
Demon of Humanity is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome