Malcador hiding Titan? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-20-14, 09:06 AM Thread Starter

GiftofChaos1234's Flag is: Australia

Default Malcador hiding Titan?

So I'm curious, when the forces of chaos entered the Sol System during the Heresy. How did they not notice that one of the biggest moons in the solar system had disappeared? I mean did Horus just say "Oh, looks like dad lost a world again. It's a good thing I'm going to take control."

But seriously though, what do you guys think happened? Did they simply not care?

the dbz fan!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-20-14, 09:21 AM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

it is noticable already during the events in the Isstvan campaign that Horus himself enters a bit a of a tunnel vision, he is starting to miss little details, and for example fails to predict that Angron would personaly fly down to take on his legions stragglers on the surface.

asside from that, they probably made a direct push for Terra as soon as they entered the Sol system, all focus and attention was on Terra itself, and most likely on Mars. compared to those 2 most likely heavely fortified planets, and the militarized Luna, I doubt they paid much attention to the other planets.
especialy an uninhabitted gas giant.
tho I dont know for sure if any of the moons besides Luna have ever been propperly colonised.

on another note as I mentioned. Saturn is a gas giant, wich probably means that any attempts at sensor scanning anywhere near the planet, would be interfered by radiation of different kinds

Last edited by Haskanael; 02-21-14 at 05:49 AM.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-20-14, 09:24 AM
Bane of Empires

Child-of-the-Emperor's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiftofChaos1234 View Post
But seriously though, what do you guys think happened? Did they simply not care?
What could they have done? Their focus was Terra and the Emperor. I can't imagine they would have paid it too much attention. It didn't play a part in the Siege whatsoever anyway, so their decision to ignore it was vindicated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cegorach View Post
I do love how we don't even need CotE to comment anymore, chances are he has already said something intelligent before that can be re-applied to the current situation.
Heresy's Background FAQ. (Fluff Project)
CotE Reviews: Prospero Burns (HH Review), Age of Darkness (HH Review).

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-20-14, 09:48 AM
Brother Lucian's Flag is: Denmark

One could wonder about Horus starting to miss the little detail, is the chaos gods affecting him to ensure that he will lose in the end to ensure the comming dark age of the Imperium after he have crippled the Emperor.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-20-14, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Lucian View Post
One could wonder about Horus starting to miss the little detail, is the chaos gods affecting him to ensure that he will lose in the end to ensure the comming dark age of the Imperium after he have crippled the Emperor.
Horus always missed details. It seems like it's his character flaw, he's a great military mind and political leader but blatantly obvious things are missed for strange reasons.

He missed erebus manipulating him.
That entire thing with the interex happened because he messed up the one crucial thing that happens in all negations.
Since we don't have allot before the heresy those are the two things that really stand out.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-20-14, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Horus always missed details. It seems like it's his character flaw, he's a great military mind and political leader but blatantly obvious things are missed for strange reasons.

He missed erebus manipulating him.
That entire thing with the interex happened because he messed up the one crucial thing that happens in all negations.
Since we don't have allot before the heresy those are the two things that really stand out.
You might be right there. Whereas Guiliman is completely obsessed with details. Its little wonder Horus chafed at being Warmaster, all the details and minutiae of the post frustrating him.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-20-14, 01:40 PM
Warsmith

Uveron's Flag is: Great Britain

Also depending on how they entered Sol, the moon could have been on the far side of the sun, so it was a long way from Terra.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-20-14, 04:23 PM

Over Two Meters Tall!'s Flag is: USA

From what I've heard, Malcador hides Titan in the Warp, right? So the effect of the other celestial bodies in the solar system shouldn't make a difference to an awareness of Titan being in normal space or not. I think the OP is right to wonder how, as the Chaos fleet nears Sol in the Warp, there's a moon just sitting there all sigiled-out or the mother of all Gellar fields. I think it's been pretty well established there is geographic proximity between the Warp and Reality, in general terms. So how does anyone in the Heretic's fleet miss Titan, or one of the Chaos United gods tap Horus on the shoulder and say, "um, you may not have noticed..."?

The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you have to load, or if you have to unload, go to the White Zone. You'll love it... it's a way of life.

Nick Naylor: Cigarettes in space?
Jeff Megall: It's the final frontier, Nick.
Nick Naylor: But wouldn't they blow up in an all oxygen environment?
Jeff Megall: Probably. But it's an easy fix. One line of dialogue. 'Thank God we invented the... you know, whatever device.'
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-20-14, 04:57 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Reading the thread title just gave me the image of Malc stood in front of a Warhound going "There's no titan's here!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-20-14, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
Reading the thread title just gave me the image of Malc stood in front of a Warhound going "There's no titan's here!"
Nah, you need to add some handwavium and sprout, "These are not the titans you are looking for."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode