Characters You Would Like to See More Of? - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-07-14, 02:04 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

I wouldn't mind seeing Raldorn and Azkaellon done properly. Azkaellon is a legend enough as it is and is set to go on to lead the Blood Angels in their most difficult time. Raldoron is First Captain of the damn Blood Angels, is mentioned by other Legions in awe. Yet both of them were utterly shite in Fear to Tread(along with everything else in the book). Azkaellon just came off as an aloof jerk with nothing really special about him, whilst Raldoron couldn't have been more plain or generic, there was just nothing to him at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-08-14, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing Raldorn and Azkaellon done properly. Azkaellon is a legend enough as it is and is set to go on to lead the Blood Angels in their most difficult time. Raldoron is First Captain of the damn Blood Angels, is mentioned by other Legions in awe. Yet both of them were utterly shite in Fear to Tread(along with everything else in the book). Azkaellon just came off as an aloof jerk with nothing really special about him, whilst Raldoron couldn't have been more plain or generic, there was just nothing to him at all.
Agreed
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-08-14, 01:25 AM

Necrosis's Flag is: Canada

Age of Apostasy would be nice to see.

post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-08-14, 03:49 AM

BlackGuard's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
Aye, more of the Emperor's Children survivors.

Given that Forge World's books tell us that more Space Marines than Loken got off Isstvan alive (like that Death Guard bloke whose name I forget) and they didn't all become the first Grey Knights. Plus, we don't know what happened to Rylanor? So many questions left unanswered!
Exactly. Rylanor had something in mind on Istvaan III. I would very much like to know what that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldman78 View Post
The chaos gods abandoned Horus most likely because they saw the can of whoop ass coming their way and wanted out of the way so as not to get fucked up!
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-09-14, 04:48 AM
Cruel Commissar

Beaviz81's Flag is: Norway

I know who I want to see much less of, the fucking Space Marines. They are fucking everywhere. Man they are over-used and often comes across as simply stupid like the Imperial Fists almost losing the Phalanx or the Ultra-Clossauds almost losing Macragge several times. That's not great generalship, thats clumsy.

I wanna see more of the Imperial Guard BTW.
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-09-14, 04:49 AM

emporershand89's Flag is: USA

Location: New England.....somewhere in that mess of awesomness!!

Well for starters can I see more Cain and Gaunt; particularly Gaunt. I need those epic smashing novels of "Last Stand," type stories. Gets my blood going each and every time.

Following that I need a shit ton more TAU!!!!!! The Tau are so under written and yet arethe coolest race out their. More close to our future than we care to admit it wuld be interesting to see them develop through Fluff; provided the writers are good. Then perhaps a few more Necron novels. Let us forget about the Heresy; such a boring subject really. Very predictable plot lines and characters, but a Necron Dynasty's History.....what an interesting novel it could make.

Finally I need a few novels on the current situation of the Primarchs....can I see Vulkan please. , or perhaps something on the Emporer himself. Regardless a bit more is needed.

"Walk Softely, and Carry a Big Gun!"
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-13-14, 05:02 AM

Personally, rather than specific characters, I'd actually like to see more, decently written, IG novels. The majority of what's been put out there so far has been shit IMO. Maybe get some of the better BL authors to have a go at doing some novels focusing on some of the elite Guard regiments. Like if they had someone like ADB, Wraight or Abnett to do, for example, a Harakoni Warhawks novel, I'd literally be throwing money at BL.

And if they use Orks as villains, get the damn fluff right. If I read one more instance where some random guardsman kills an Ork with a combat knife, by slitting its throat, I'm gonna smack someone with a keyboard.

The human appendix. Proof of a higher power. A divine kill switch so to speak.

No one really likes a smartass, but people tend to like a dumbass even less.
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-13-14, 06:19 AM
Feed

Some expansion on necron characters would be nice. A more inside track on the thought and personality processes of individuals like Anrakyr and Obyron would be of particular interest to me.

Some stories detailing the exploits of specific tyranid entities would also be nice. The Swarmlord, as well as Old One Eye in particular.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-13-14, 07:58 AM

it would be interesting to see the galaxy from the perspective of two Space marines, one from a loyal legion and the other from a traitor legion that were trapped in the warp pre heresy and come back to 40k and see everything through their eyes.
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 03-13-14, 09:55 AM
Irn Bru 32!

Nacho libre's Flag is: Scotland

I want to hear more of the hive fleet heading towards baal.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode