The Pseudo-Astartes process? And it does it work on Females? - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-18-14, 07:24 AM

According to scant few allusions, it seems making procedure of Pseudo-Astartes is quite different from normal, general Astartes. Thus I personally think it probably works on females.

Female Spartans do exist(and we know only to well average technology level of Imperium far exceeds that of UNSC). Female Mechanicum/Mechanicus(30k and 40k appellation, respectively) Adepts do exist. Thus it is reasonable to assume female Pseudo-Astates could exist in 40k-verse by any means.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-18-14, 02:08 PM

Warlock in Training's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailene View Post
Where do necromancers go, Warlock :p?
Necros goes Nurgle. "Here in Nurgle's Garden, the undead rape you! Ha, Ha, Ha" The love of Grandfather Nurgle has no limits.

post #43 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-23-14, 09:55 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecumene View Post
According to scant few allusions, it seems making procedure of Pseudo-Astartes is quite different from normal, general Astartes. Thus I personally think it probably works on females.

Female Spartans do exist(and we know only to well average technology level of Imperium far exceeds that of UNSC). Female Mechanicum/Mechanicus(30k and 40k appellation, respectively) Adepts do exist. Thus it is reasonable to assume female Pseudo-Astates could exist in 40k-verse by any means.
...... If you're serious, this is quite possibly the single dumbest thing I have ever read. However, if your joking and what you actually mean that 40k is a fictional universe in which you can do pretty much anything you want, regardless of real world science or rules established by other fictional universes, then sure.

The Website kept telling me that my profile was only 80% complete without creating a signature. Ain't no website going to tell me I was a lazy shit, no sir.

post #44 of 46 (permalink) Old 04-25-14, 12:45 AM
Jeep's and Harley's

OIIIIIIO's Flag is: USA

The real question that everyone is avoiding is ... was she attractive? I mean, cool she plays 40k and all but do ya want to put your penis in her?

Fuck!?! I am such an asshole. I still want an answer, but I am willing to admit that I am a dick.

OT: I actually think that is probably the best way to explain FSM that she wants to play. Fucking brilliant actually! Guy probably thought she was having a go at him by calling them pseudo-astartes and did not realize that the fluff actually provides the pseudo-astartes as an actual thing. Good for her.

Threw a fucking tank? WTF? That is the same as me taking a torch to my Vance and Hines pipes for my Harley! I really can not understand just pissing away money like that. Fucktard.
post #45 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-21-14, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen.ahab View Post
...... If you're serious, this is quite possibly the single dumbest thing I have ever read. However, if your joking and what you actually mean that 40k is a fictional universe in which you can do pretty much anything you want, regardless of real world science or rules established by other fictional universes, then sure.

I indeed joked about the UNSC/Spartan thing(well, it is complicated. I will explain exact meaning later). But possibility about existence of female pseudo-Astartes(I consistently said Pseudo-Astartes, NOT the full-fledged, 'normal' Astartes)? I am deadly serious, really. I don't think it is possible creating actual female Astartes, of course. Because it is canonically, irrevocably, utterly impossible, I always well know that fact. But in the 40k verse, reinforcing, augmenting and altering normal human through genetically, surgically and mechanically is definitely possible. All of pseudo-Astartes is 30k era is augmented precisely these ways by Mecanicum, without exception. As I already said, it seems pseudo-Astartes making process is fundamentally different from that of normal Astartes, and they could never become 'genuine' Astartes. Let's see. If Emperor delivered Angron's gladiator army, then his 'sisters' would have been become pseudo-Astartes, no doubt. That it is. And one of the Mecanicum minor factions, Organicists, is a group of Tech-priests who esteemed biological enhancement as being equal in value with the cybernetics, a somewhat radical if not heretical position among the adherents of the Cult Mechanicus. That is another reason(although kidding is the majoris in area of Spartan, certainly), I cited both Spartan and Mecanicum as an feasible example-if they really want, they could devise similar means augmenting normal human to become pseudo-Astartes. That is actually quite mundane conduct they are doing on their own not-so-weak flesh, and at least partly because of that practices they are categorized as 'radical', after all.

Last edited by Ecumene; 06-21-14 at 09:49 AM.
post #46 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-21-14, 08:11 AM

Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition

Alternatively, we could all remember that at some point someone just made up the fluff we take as cannon. There are plenty of examples where GW change their own fluff because...it's made up. It's fiction. So who gives a fuck if you hold to a DIFFERENT fiction, especially if it helps that person to feel more included in the hobby.

My contribution to the Renegades saga. Check it out

My growing IIIrd legion stuff:

17th Millenial (Homebrew Fluff) - "Children of the Emperor, death to his foes!" (Project Log)

Also my 30k tacticas, for those of you interested:

Crusade Army List tactica - Individual Legion tactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
And for two fucking grand, I could buy enough rum and hookers to 'artistically' recreate the better part of Pirates of the Caribbean.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode