Star Wars meets 40k!!!!! - Page 34 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #331 of 373 (permalink) Old 08-20-08, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoiseMarine View Post
why would they be with the empire????? i dont think that palpatine would allow them to join his army hed probably kill them if they tried
Sorry not jedi wielding guys ( I've got a jedi and I'm not afraid to use it!!) ligtsaber wielding guys I meant.... They're some on palpatine's side in the new game....

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 373 (permalink) Old 08-20-08, 08:35 PM

Dessel_Ordo's Flag is: USA

Palpatine did keep some dark side force users around, mostly in one cultish group, including his head of intelligence, 2 Grand Admirals, at least 10 "Hands" (including Mara Jade, Lukes future wife), most, if not all of the the Redguards were force sensitive, both Palpatine and Vader had other side "apprentices" (IIRC, in Force Unleashed, you are, in fact, Vaders "secret Aprentice"). Also, there were many other sith cults, Jedi on the run losing it, and Sith Lords Ghosts possesing the body of powerful force users they find (untrained, similair to daemonic possesion of untrained psykers), and trying to rebppt the sith empire from when they were alive.

also, when Bane set out the Rule Of Two (opperating creedo, sith code is the start of my sig.) he did mention that other, useful force users could be corrupted, and fed the table scraps of the dark side. The most powerful of these were on par with Jedi Knights, the weakest were laughable.

Also, Blackhole (the force sensitive head of security I mentioned) was a master at Sith Alchemy (ancient sith technique used to make monsters (Terenterek, mech-zombies, monsters, mutants of great power), these were commonly force sensitive to some degree.

I have a feeling that a war against the Imperium could lead Palpatine to find a lot more "scraps" of the dark sides power, so sith(ish) squad leaders is a possibility.

still, these squad leaders would prob. only ammount to one force-trick ponies (with a lightsaber) who are faster, and stronger than an average human, but still only barely approaching kinda close to SPace Marines S and T. (Think Tsons aspiring sorcerer but more variety, and weaker in physical traits (barring speed)

also, if ne1 could feed me the general (fluff) organization of the IG, numbers and HW/tank distribution from squad to biggest unit they have (barring the whole army) I found such an article on wookepedia for the Empire, but since its a mess, and I dont want to make this post even longer, I will do the comparison work off the thread, and report the results.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
My fluff so far, plz read and give feed back

post #333 of 373 (permalink) Old 08-20-08, 10:04 PM

go go dessel!!!

post #334 of 373 (permalink) Old 08-20-08, 10:17 PM

ok ill put it this way Inquisitorial stormtroopers vs.Imperial stormtropers

yeah imperium wins

post #335 of 373 (permalink) Old 08-20-08, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cco12 View Post
ok ill put it this way Inquisitorial stormtroopers vs.Imperial stormtropers

yeah imperium wins
and your logic supporting this?
we do acceprt non-scientific oppinions, if good logic is behind them, so...

explain yourself.

post #336 of 373 (permalink) Old 08-21-08, 12:12 AM

General Panic's Flag is: Europe

IG numbers in the billions, millions of tanks, the ability to call up from the even larger PDF reserves plus conscription... IG win the numbers game, hands down, just cadia can field tens of millions of guardsmen, and that's a single planet. Then you have the Skitarii, Astartes, Stormtroopers, Naval Armsmen, Sisters of Battle, Frateris militia and the Arbites all of whom will fight for the Emperor... And that's just the Imperium...
post #337 of 373 (permalink) Old 08-21-08, 05:49 AM

said it once, and I'll say it again, the Star Wars Galaxy took 365 TRILLION deaths on the chin and barely noticed it...
so they could match numbers w/in a few years if they so chose

post #338 of 373 (permalink) Old 08-21-08, 10:03 AM

General Panic's Flag is: Europe

Uk Billions (a million millions) not american ones (a thousand millions), so the same as "trillion" in US...

Why the fug we don't have a standardised system I don't know.....
post #339 of 373 (permalink) Old 08-21-08, 10:21 AM

Wilder's Flag is: USA

The Imperium would win hands down, especially if it’s pre-heresy. All twenty legions of the adeptus with their respective primarchs and possibly the Emperor himself The Empire (or republic) wouldn’t stand a chance. They would cleanse anything that wasn’t human and try to turn the humans to realize the Imperial truths over the Empires. Imperial guard at least can hit the broad side of a barn.
post #340 of 373 (permalink) Old 08-21-08, 10:25 AM

Wilder's Flag is: USA

And who knows how much of the Human population would side with the Emperor, thus providing the Imperium forces with critical information about planetary defenses and fleet movement. (turncoats could be everywhere inthe Empire)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode