Why is Draigo's fluff so frowned upon? - Page 6 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-17-14, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
Hmmmm, not for me. If it ends anything other than horribly for Draigo, then he will go down as the biggest Mary Sue in history, to the point where I would say the term 'Mary Sue' be turned to 'Kaldor Draigo'. Sure it will take some work to get those who know nothing about 40k to get the term going, but I'm fairly sure if you showed anyone his fluff that comes with a good ending as well they would readily agree.
I wonder would having draigo entombed in a dreadnought, that get's buried under cadia be a fitting end?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-23-14, 04:48 PM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child-of-the-Emperor View Post
Anyone care to post up some spoilers from the audio?
Sure;

I also reviewed the audio if you care to read it;

http://www.talkwargaming.com/2014/02...ons-heart.html

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
post #53 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-23-14, 07:25 PM

Malus Darkblade's Flag is: Kuwait

To me it's quite clear now that Janus

post #54 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-24-14, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malus Darkblade View Post
To me it's quite clear now that Janus
I disagree.

There's a reason why the grey knights are shrouded in mystery, imagine how they would react learning their founders were mostly astartes from traitor legions.
post #55 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-24-14, 01:18 AM

Malus Darkblade's Flag is: Kuwait

post #56 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-24-14, 04:45 AM
ChaosRedCorsairLord's Flag is: Australia

He's just kinda boring. The only interesting thing about him is his whole hopeless, unwinable, meaningless warp crusade. That's not anything about him as a character, it's just something that was done to him. It reflects more about M'kar's personality than it does Draigo's. I wouldn't be such an issue if draigo was a minor footnote character, but he's the 'head' special character of the codex.

When I was a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball...
post #57 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-24-14, 06:42 AM
Feed

The fluff from the audio goes a long way to making the story credible.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #58 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-24-14, 06:54 AM
Jeep's and Harley's

OIIIIIIO's Flag is: USA

I agree Serp ... and I am now much more forgivable about how it went down. Sadly the codex does not explain that he can not kill him, but it would be much better if it did.

I have often said 'What the fuck is that bullshit?!?! If he carved his name in his heart he should have just cut the fucker out.' Now I kinda get why things happen the way they did.
post #59 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-24-14, 07:22 AM
Bruva I am hit!

Protoss119's Flag is: USA

I'm glad that L.J. Goulding is working on Draigo as well, having read Kaldor Draigo: Knight of Titan, and I think he's introduced a lot of interesting threads regarding him both there and in Mortarion's Heart, but I still think he's got a long way to go before he fully redeems him.

The reason for my and others' dislike of Draigo, and by extension Ward, boils down to this: if I had to ask Ward himself to explain to me how all of Draigo's outrageous[-looking] achievements could have happened, given his prior behavior, how do you think he would respond? Personally, I wouldn't have much hope for anything resembling a satisfying answer, one that would increase the probability of his actions and his situation or otherwise help us believe his story. While I understand that Ward's attitude is just to help sell GW's products and may or may not accurately reflect his own opinion on Draigo or anything else he has worked on, the damage is done.

That's why I feel it's so important that a self-admitted "Draigo denier" is working on Draigo's fluff - so that I can go to him and ask him to explain everything, and so far, I feel he's explained Mortarion's defeat satisfactorily. Godspeed, you magnificent bastard!

Homebrew stuff for your viewing pleasure:
The Stormhunters Fluff/Crunch - Updated 10/07/13
The Rust Legion Fluff - Updated 5/19/13
Firaeveus Carron Rules - Updated 12/9/10
post #60 of 86 (permalink) Old 02-24-14, 07:58 AM
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
The fluff from the audio goes a long way to making the story credible.
I think that it does make the story credible.

And as to Janus I don't think that Sevatar was him, I think Sevatar was Khyron. I think Janus;

Also the audio had some interesting pronunciations. Draigo is pronounced Dray-go, and Janus is pronounced Yay-nus.

LotN

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode