Can regular humans have similar/extra organs to a space marine? - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-31-14, 10:07 PM
Rattlehead

Well Kor Phaeron, Luther, and a bunch of other prominent figures in the Legions were humans with a couple of extra organs thrown in to make them into pseudo-Astartes, and they did well enough for themselves. I don't see why there couldn't be a distant Mechanicus outpost or something that still has the tech to do it in 40k.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-31-14, 10:19 PM Thread Starter

The Final Frontier's Flag is: USA

Excuse my language but what the hell is a pseudo-Astartes?
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-31-14, 10:30 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Bad ass humans with shinny, spinny chrome rims. Basically humans who went through intense augmentation processes that gave them physical abilities comparable to those of full marines. They were usually very important people who were to old to undergo the same process that marines did.

The Website kept telling me that my profile was only 80% complete without creating a signature. Ain't no website going to tell me I was a lazy shit, no sir.

post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 01-31-14, 11:10 PM Thread Starter

The Final Frontier's Flag is: USA

What's the process on making them? I dbout IG player was going for the pseudo-Astartes process.
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-01-14, 08:15 AM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Final Frontier View Post
What's the process on making them? I dbout IG player was going for the pseudo-Astartes process.
No clue, but it was reserved for the best of the best and only when needed, so even if they could do it in M41, they wouldn't be doing it for anyone short of a saint or something similar.

The Website kept telling me that my profile was only 80% complete without creating a signature. Ain't no website going to tell me I was a lazy shit, no sir.
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-01-14, 11:22 AM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

"A few companies of the Lostock 23rd were modified by the techpriests to fight in this hellish war zone, incorporating many organs and drug secreting glands that enabled them to survive unprotected, as well as boosting their combat abilities and aggressiveness."

From the entry for Sgt Stone, Inquisitor rule book, page 111.
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-05-14, 12:11 AM

Over Two Meters Tall!'s Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen.ahab View Post
No clue, but it was reserved for the best of the best and only when needed, so even if they could do it in M41, they wouldn't be doing it for anyone short of a saint or something similar.
Thank you gen.ahab. I think from the OP, the IG wouldnt' have the resources wasted on them. Flesh stock is cheap, technology is expensive in knowledge and resources. Just throw another million or two IG at the problem, but save the fancy implants/armor/weapons for the Astares.

From a logistics standpoint, considering how the Imperium uses the IG in battle, all those implants would likely only get them a couple more days life in the meatgrinder. As well, considering these aren't PDF, all those implants and resources are only going to be sent offworld. I think a planetary economy and the Imperial Army would be more concerned with generating additional IG Regiments than overjuicing what is there.

The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you have to load, or if you have to unload, go to the White Zone. You'll love it... it's a way of life.

Nick Naylor: Cigarettes in space?
Jeff Megall: It's the final frontier, Nick.
Nick Naylor: But wouldn't they blow up in an all oxygen environment?
Jeff Megall: Probably. But it's an easy fix. One line of dialogue. 'Thank God we invented the... you know, whatever device.'
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-05-14, 10:18 AM
Dazed and confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over Two Meters Tall! View Post
Thank you gen.ahab. I think from the OP, the IG wouldnt' have the resources wasted on them. Flesh stock is cheap, technology is expensive in knowledge and resources. Just throw another million or two IG at the problem, but save the fancy implants/armor/weapons for the Astares.
See my previous post. If the situation warrants it IG units will get the upgrades. It's also been shown that the IG have messed with breeding genetic super soldiers, as seen in the Last Chancers books. I'm sure that would be a huge investment in time and resources, but they did it any way.
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-05-14, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
See my previous post. If the situation warrants it IG units will get the upgrades. It's also been shown that the IG have messed with breeding genetic super soldiers, as seen in the Last Chancers books. I'm sure that would be a huge investment in time and resources, but they did it any way.
Couple of things.

The Gland War Veterans are/were 1 regiment, with a few companies, and they did not have as much modification as the person's fluff, they said double/sm(low grade) organs everywhere. The Gland Vets also only had modifications to allow them to not keel over when they went outside the factory complexes.

The Afriel Strain were low numbers (500 from Mach), they couldn't make up a regiment.

EDIT: Doing a bit more reading there are 'a few regiments of gland war veterans can be found through out the galaxy'
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-05-14, 08:03 PM
Dazed and confused.

They had more than just lung modifications, they also had modifications that boosted aggression and combat skills. Presumably that would mean adrenal system and mental and reflexive acuity upgrades, beyond just stim injectors.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode