A Waaagh to end all Waaaghs? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-25-14, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

Shas'Ui's Flag is: USA

Default A Waaagh to end all Waaaghs?

I was just sitting here skimming through my 6th Ed. Big Book and had a thought, yes they are rare but they do happen. If a big enough Waaagh were to head to Terra and drop right down on top of the Emperor's palace and destroy the Emperor would that be the end of Humanity in 40K? I don't think it would even need to be every Ork in the galaxy, just enough to get in and kill him.

01000110011011110111001000100000011101000110100001 10010100100000011001110111001001100101011000010111 01000110010101110010001000000110011101101111011011 110110010000100001
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-25-14, 10:58 PM
Cruel Commissar

Beaviz81's Flag is: Norway

The Orks are too disorganized for that to happen. And that would be the end of GW. So ain't gonna happen.

My story about the commissars Zachary Carrus and Michelle Ionza and their life and crimes https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=123690
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-26-14, 12:25 AM

In theory, sure. As Beaviz says its never gonna happen though.

"Look into my eyes, and see your death."
"Let them hate, so long as they fear."

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-26-14, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shas'Ui View Post
I was just sitting here skimming through my 6th Ed. Big Book and had a thought, yes they are rare but they do happen. If a big enough Waaagh were to head to Terra and drop right down on top of the Emperor's palace and destroy the Emperor would that be the end of Humanity in 40K? I don't think it would even need to be every Ork in the galaxy, just enough to get in and kill him.
It would have to be one HUGE Waaagh! Impossibly large as they would burn a path right to terra, but if they do destroy the golden throne it would be the end of the Imperium, humanity not so much for now, I imagine that ultramar would become an empire maybe SM worlds would become the last bastions of humanity. However this is all 100% hypothetical and there is NO evidence.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-26-14, 01:43 AM

SoL Berzerker's Flag is: USA

Orks will never organize to that level. And if they did kill the Emperor, then they would all die themselves because of the demon incursion that would follow.

On the topic of humanity surviving, very doubtful. Warp travel would become all but impossible and no doubt every legion would be called back to Terra for its defense so I do not see even Ultramar having much left to hold on to given the fall of Terra.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-26-14, 01:58 AM
Cruel Commissar

Beaviz81's Flag is: Norway

Ultramar might exist for a century or two after that fact, the rest of the galaxy would be raped, sown into clothes and killed, and very lucky if it happened in that exact order by demons. And yeah, just look at the Age of Strife. Without warp-travel humanity would lose everything resembling logistics. Which is why I think Ultramar could survive for a while, but it's too small to face anything alone and once a serious enemy came. Game over.

My story about the commissars Zachary Carrus and Michelle Ionza and their life and crimes https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=123690
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-26-14, 02:55 AM
Warsmith

Uveron's Flag is: Great Britain

Worst Case Scenario, Sure. For the Imperium.

I dont think we would see a full reversion to the age of strife, their are other threats and forces in motion now. The Necrons for one.

But If the Orks hit the critical mas to deal with Earth, then they would have no huge issues with the large warfare that the Demonic forces would bring.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-26-14, 11:09 AM
Feed

It is plausible that the orks are capable of this, but likely they simply lack the knowledge that Terra is so important. I doubt any warlord would really have the foresight to be fully aware of the most probable outcome of this venture, nor would they care so long as the fightin's good.

I would put it as a combination of they don't know enough and they don't care enough for this specific waaagh to happen at the moment. Especially given the amount of good fights going on elsewhere.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-26-14, 11:39 AM

Moriouce's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
It is plausible that the orks are capable of this, but likely they simply lack the knowledge that Terra is so important. I doubt any warlord would really have the foresight to be fully aware of the most probable outcome of this venture, nor would they care so long as the fightin's good.

I would put it as a combination of they don't know enough and they don't care enough for this specific waaagh to happen at the moment. Especially given the amount of good fights going on elsewhere.
This sound about right, considering it is Orks we're talking about.

Although, since most ork interstarmovement is done in half-blind chance through the warp, they could turn up anywhere. And if an big enough waaagh would emerge to gain a foothold within the Sol system, the word would spread quickly of the best fight in the whole of the galaxy! Think Armageddon times much. I think Terra would be doomed in a war of attrition it could not win.

But what would happen if the orks destroyed the Golden throne? An eternal fight between deamons pouring out of the webway. Those two sides fighting it out should bring some relief to the remaining imperium. But on their way to Terra, they might awake the "Dragon of Mars" whatever it is. The turn of events that could unfold is realy something to think about.

Good to be green

Barks Dakka Ladz: W3-D2-L3
Altansar Eldar: W3-D0-L2

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-26-14, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaviz81 View Post
The Orks are too disorganized for that to happen. And that would be the end of GW. So ain't gonna happen.
You probably should tell ghazkull that.

He brought Armageddon to it's knees twice. He left because he got bored.

And again, he didn't get beaten he got bored.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode