Fluff changes in Warhammer 40k - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-21-14, 12:01 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

What killed GW was their "we are a models company"; erm, no. Most older collectors will buy it for the models because the rules suck ass and the community... erm yeah, what am I kidding myself for? The community is none existent anymore, thanks to transitory sales from children getting one or two big christmas presents.

The rules don't back up the game, with the exception of "the big new"; Riptides, Wraithknights, Baledrakes, Centurions, etc. These new pieces of kit aren't necessarily bad, it's just that with the exception of these new models, the rest of the rules for the most part suck.

For those who get into either Chaos or Dark Angels from the box set, they've got the two worst armies in the game right now.

For a modelling company, some of the new ones are looking distinctly child-like and cost too much for it. Comparison sized airfix kits not only have much more detail on them but cost comparatively less. Compare a Wraithknight to say an Airfix type 45 destroyer; it's a 1:350 scale, which puts it around 18" in size; the Wraithknight is what, half that? And requires no skill or patience to put together at all. That's what a modelling company is; not what GW is.

They forget that many people actually game, or would game if the rules supported their armies. But as it stands, they don't. So people don't play. And all those newcomers which spent £200 on creating a new army of Space Marines only to find out they suck because they went up against Tau, Eldar, Eld-tau, Tau-dar, or Eldar-Dark Eldar and have NO CHANCE of winning are going to get pissed off.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-21-14, 12:06 PM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

As has been stated many times before @emporershand89 orange text = sarcasm
post #23 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-22-14, 01:24 AM
GabrialSagan's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobite View Post
Yes GW's reduced profits and drop in share price are soley to with the fluff of their games. In fact if they were to hire you as head writer and allowed you to retcon everything over night then all would be well again. We would enter into a new golden age of 40k...
Don't be silly Jacobite, the primary reason GW is suffering a drop in their sales is because of advent of competition from games like Warmachine and Infinity. The fact that their fluff is narrowed in scope and depth since the game's inception doesn't help, if they took more care with their fluff they might be able to mitigate their losses with better book sales and a decent movie. But the core of their problem is the assumption that fans will not jump ship and the assumption that they can recruit new players among a video game saturated marketplace.

I appreciate your vote in confidence in my fluff ability.

post #24 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-22-14, 01:34 AM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

They should hire you as CEO as well. Seems your handle on the problems of GW is as good as your thoughts on fluff. I'm sure the job offer is in the mail.
post #25 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-22-14, 01:51 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

I think you're the fish, Jac.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #26 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-22-14, 01:52 AM

Einherjar667's Flag is: USA

These hills have trolls.
post #27 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-22-14, 02:05 AM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Oh I'm well aware of that. The weather is shit and I'm bored.
post #28 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-22-14, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobite View Post
They should hire you as CEO as well. Seems your handle on the problems of GW is as good as your thoughts on fluff. I'm sure the job offer is in the mail.

Why on this good Earth would I want to take a pay cut and move to England?
post #29 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-22-14, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einherjar667 View Post
These hills have trolls.
Shhhhhh....some trolls are skiddish and will sever what little social contract they get from a computer screen if spooked.
post #30 of 65 (permalink) Old 01-22-14, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by locustgate View Post
Shhhhhh....some trolls are skiddish and will sever what little social contract they get from a computer screen if spooked.

And yet here you are.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode