Great Monsters - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-10-14, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gret79 View Post
I've not played DOW: Retribution. I bought it, but I could never get it to work...

But that quote 'some say' reminded me of the stig from top gear
"Some say, he surfs tyranid hierophants in his spare time... and that his waaagh powered beliefs are so great that he can sneeze bullets..."
It'd probably be more Orky to call the 40k version "The Squig" though. And obviously his suit and helmet would be red instead of white.

It's a pity you didn't get it to work though. To me the Ork campaign and their antics made it worthwhile on their own.

The human appendix. Proof of a higher power. A divine kill switch so to speak.

No one really likes a smartass, but people tend to like a dumbass even less.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-10-14, 11:07 AM

If I could rep you again I would
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-10-14, 11:20 AM

On a serious note though, if someone did want to write about these void whales, are there any descriptions other than being thousands of miles long and having their own ecosystems? I can hardly imagine a super sized Free Willy cruising through the void while swallowing crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gret79 View Post
If I could rep you again I would
Your tea covered desk is evidence enough that my efforts are not wasted.

The human appendix. Proof of a higher power. A divine kill switch so to speak.

No one really likes a smartass, but people tend to like a dumbass even less.

Last edited by Chompy Bits; 01-10-14 at 11:30 AM.

post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-10-14, 11:42 AM

In 877.M41, a hideously mutated Void Whale emerged from the Warp and was destroyed by a boarding party of Space Wolves led by Engir Krakendoom. Battling their way through Remora, Engir and his Wolves planted thermal charges deep within the creature's vital organs and escaped before it exploded. The Perillian Gas Belt was born from its remains.[1]

From lexicanum.

Obviously, it had the be the wolves codex. They probably slept with all the remora women too.

Thats it afaik

Last edited by Gret79; 01-10-14 at 12:08 PM.
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-11-14, 06:37 AM

emporershand89's Flag is: USA

Location: New England.....somewhere in that mess of awesomness!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJay View Post
Wouldn't it be cool if their was a space dragon?
Honestly this seems like a silly notuion supporting a silly thread. Nice debate on Monsterous creatures but there is a reason why LOTR is LOTR and 40k is Warhammer 40k. Very different worlds with different happenings, stories, characters, and ways things are done.

"Walk Softely, and Carry a Big Gun!"
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-11-14, 08:26 PM Thread Starter

Is there any mention of the Dragon of Mars the Emperor fought?? It just seems all I can find on the usual links is that he defeated a dragon on mars that could be the Void Dragon.

Also C-tan look humanoid, would the void dragon even look like a beast or would he just be a different skinned C-tan looking creature?
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-11-14, 08:36 PM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Oh diddums (not you CJay) would somebody like their nappy changed? I have some sandpaper at the ready.

In an entire Galaxy of planets it is not outside bounds of possibility to imagine a "dragon" type creature being present on one or more of those worlds. Depending of planetary conditions "mega" life is not unheard of, look at the history of our planet, when Dinosaur's roamed the earth there was one that was 120 feet long and weighed 100 tonne and that's just on our planet. On Fenris you have Kraken which exceed that. Whether they are space capable or not is again not outsides the bounds of possibility, there is no law in 40k that stops an organic creature being capable of intersteller travel.
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 01-11-14, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobite View Post
there is no law in 40k that stops an organic creature being capable of intersteller travel.
That's pretty common in ALL scifi, star trek/wars (not saying they are the same), dead space (albeit zombies), etc.

Why is a creature that breathes fire out of the realm of possibility there are a crap ton of chemicals that react to air violently. There's a species of beetle that shoots boiling liquid out of it's rear, can't remember if it's a sepret system or part of an existing system.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode