Confusion With the Warp - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-25-14, 06:54 PM

zerachiel76's Flag is: United Kingdom

Has it even been explained what exactly a Geller field does (other than turning someone into Ross or Monica). Is it psychic energy, null energy (similar to a Culexus or Pariah have) or something else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"No, I don't care if it's 'fun', you are not attempting to shove your USB stick in my Scart socket....."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
"It won't fit" "That's what they always say first time"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-25-14, 07:53 PM

Malus Darkblade's Flag is: Kuwait

Through technological means, it somehow projects a bubble of reality around an object within a realm of unreality (the warp).
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-25-14, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malus Darkblade View Post
Through technological means, it somehow projects a bubble of reality around an object within a realm of unreality (the warp).
Thanks, am I right in thinking that somewhere it says that the Emperor obtained the technology in his bargain with the Chaos gods?

Quote:
"No, I don't care if it's 'fun', you are not attempting to shove your USB stick in my Scart socket....."
Quote:

post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-25-14, 09:05 PM

No it existed during the Dark Age of Technology.
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-26-14, 03:53 AM

BlackGuard's Flag is: USA

The Geller Field is a nice, vague, way for the Imperium to explain how exactly it can travel the Warp.

Oddly enough for all the technology lost in the 41st Millennium, of all the technology considered archaic and half-understood. The Geller Fields really seem to be one of the things the Imperium hasn't forgotten too much about. I'm sure some things are ritualized but Humanity certainly has clung to that piece with some single-mindedness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldman78 View Post
The chaos gods abandoned Horus most likely because they saw the can of whoop ass coming their way and wanted out of the way so as not to get fucked up!
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-26-14, 06:50 PM

Quote:
No it existed during the Dark Age of Technology.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackGuard View Post
The Geller Field is a nice, vague, way for the Imperium to explain how exactly it can travel the Warp.

Oddly enough for all the technology lost in the 41st Millennium, of all the technology considered archaic and half-understood. The Geller Fields really seem to be one of the things the Imperium hasn't forgotten too much about. I'm sure some things are ritualized but Humanity certainly has clung to that piece with some single-mindedness.
Thanks guys, I wasn't sure. I wish they'd explain it better as I think even technology would have to generate some sort of field capable of repelling daemons. If that is so how come no-one has ever thought to equip the Grey Knights and Inquisition with miniature versions (built by the Jokaero maybe) which can repel daemons in realspace?

Quote:
Quote:
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-26-14, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackGuard View Post

They've retained the technology to make Astartes, bolters, Thunderhawks, etc.

The absolutely crucial things are harder to forget especially if the technology is spread around multiple worlds should one fall to mankind's various enemies.

@zerachiel: it doesent repel Daemons like how pariahs would. It just is a wall that the strongest Daemons can bypass with ease.

Last edited by Malus Darkblade; 02-26-14 at 07:00 PM.
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-26-14, 07:01 PM

Quote:
@zerachiel: it doesent repel Daemons like how pariahs would. It just is a wall that the strongest Daemons can bypass with ease
Oh right, how come that all ships in the warp aren't destroyed? As daemons are at their strongest in the warp surely they should be able to go through every geller field with ease? (Not trying to pick an argument, I'm genuinely interested).

Quote:
Quote:
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-26-14, 07:19 PM

I couldn't find the quote that stated the strongest Daemons could bypass geller fields but I'm sure I've read it somewhere. Wait till CoTe shows up I suppose.
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 02-26-14, 08:01 PM

Quote:
I couldn't find the quote that stated the strongest Daemons could bypass geller fields but I'm sure I've read it somewhere. Wait till CoTe shows up I suppose.
Thanks Malus and no worries. It's just bugging me now that for any ships to survive then the geller fields must be very strong. Maybe they can't be miniaturized

Quote:
Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode