Concerning the Astral Claws/Red Corsairs... - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-12-14, 09:48 PM

Warlock in Training's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkreever View Post
I believe he mentioned he used to be a Red Corsair; and since they are a mostly loose warband of renegades it is far from impossible for him to have been one of them and then leave at some point to pursue his own agenda.

Its also far from impossible for him to have been in the maelstrom at some point, since we know very little about when Vaanes went renegade and how long it has been since then.
Thats true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplain-Grimaldus View Post
It was also written Pre-Badab re vamp when red corsairs were just a bunch of renegades from various chapters, they crossed out their previous markings and chapter logos with red crosses.
Thats true as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-13-14, 05:18 AM

emporershand89's Flag is: USA

Location: New England.....somewhere in that mess of awesomness!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock in Training View Post
Thats true as well.
If this is true, then my question would be this; have the Red Corsairs always sold themselves as servants of Choas? I remember back a few years (maybe 6-8) that they were more just Renegades; like pirates belonging to no specific faction whatsoever.

Is that how they were or did that change? Or have they always been Choas oriented?

"Walk Softely, and Carry a Big Gun!"
post #33 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-13-14, 06:00 AM
hailene's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by emporershand89 View Post
Is that how they were or did that change? Or have they always been Choas oriented?
Scanning through the Imperial Armours that cover the Badab War, it doesn't appear they worshiped Chaos. Indeed, for the majority of the conflict the worlds the Astral Claws governed kept faithful to the Emperor.

Towards the end of the war, Huron did eventually renounce the Emperor, though there seemed to be no overt sign of Chaos worship even at this point.

I'd hazard sometime after fleeing to the Maelstrom, did the Astral Claws finally fall to Chaos.

post #34 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-13-14, 07:03 AM

emporershand89's Flag is: USA

Location: New England.....somewhere in that mess of awesomness!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailene View Post
Scanning through the Imperial Armours that cover the Badab War, it doesn't appear they worshiped Chaos. Indeed, for the majority of the conflict the worlds the Astral Claws governed kept faithful to the Emperor.

Towards the end of the war, Huron did eventually renounce the Emperor, though there seemed to be no overt sign of Chaos worship even at this point.

I'd hazard sometime after fleeing to the Maelstrom, did the Astral Claws finally fall to Chaos.
So if this is all true Hailene are there any credible sources that state when the corsairs and Huron actually turned Choas worhsippers? It clearly displays in the recent short novel, "The Tyrant's Chamion," that Huron is being kept alive by machina that is Choas oriented. The "Maze," the three warriors also fight through is a realm of Choas, and each Champon represents an aspect of Choas.

Anyone got this answer, I really cannot find it around????

"Walk Softely, and Carry a Big Gun!"
post #35 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-13-14, 07:52 AM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Quote:
Yeah it was after the whole melta gun to the face incident that he turned, his options were: Don't swear allegiance and die or turn to Chaos and live. He already hated the Imperium after what 4 years? of war so it wasn't a hard choice. It was only at the very end that he turned away from the Emperor as you said, the war started because of conflict with the Administration rather a crisis of faith regarding the big E. The IA books on it make this quite clear, at no point in them do they say his turn to Chaos happened prior to the Fall of Badab, they only mention that the most die hard AC's showed no signs of allegiance to the Imperium on their armor.
post #36 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-13-14, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobite View Post
Don't swear allegiance and die or turn to Chaos and live.
I'm not sure if it came down to that. In the Codex it says Huron recovered after his injuries during the Fall of Badab and his followers hailed it as a dark miracle...

But in Blood Reaver we get some narration from an apothecary that helped Huron recover from those injuries. It seemed like some good old fashioned bionics, surgery, and will-power that allowed Huron to survive.

Quote:
He already hated the Imperium after what 4 years?
Less than 2 years. He spat on his oaths to the Emperor in 311.911 M.41 and the Fall of Badab happened in 118.913 M.41.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emporershand89 View Post
So if this is all true Hailene are there any credible sources that state when the corsairs and Huron actually turned Choas worhsippers?
Sometime after the Fall of Badab (913m.41) and before the Fall of Vilamus (999.m41) without a doubt.

I'd assume earlier. I'll look for a specific source.

Last edited by hailene; 04-13-14 at 09:25 AM.
post #37 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-13-14, 09:18 AM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Could be either or really, what is certain is that it was Post Badab Fall.

I would argue that there is a difference between hating (or at least not liking the way it's run and wanting to see it fall) the Imperium but still loving the Emperor and following him and hating the Imperium and falling to Chaos. An entire sect of the Inquisition follows the former way of thinking actually but is still 100% loyal to the Emperor (Recongregators). 200 years sounds a long time to make the decision to turn his back on the Emperor and turn to Chaos, what source does it say that in? In the IA books it makes specific mention of at the Fall of Badab all outward symbols of loyalty to the Imperium by the Astral Claws as an organization was gone.
post #38 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-13-14, 09:25 AM

(I made a mistake and forgot to quote the YEARS...I gave the year fraction and the millennium, whoops! I edited my previous post.)

Quote:
I would argue that there is a difference between hating (or at least not liking the way it's run and wanting to see it fall) the Imperium but still loving the Emperor and following him and hating the Imperium and falling to Chaos.
I agree as well. Huron turns his back on EVERYTHING the Imperium represents in 911.

I don't figure he begins Chaos worship until after the Fall of Badab when he begins chilling in the Maelstrom...which is at least a couple more years.
post #39 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-13-14, 10:20 AM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Quote:
I agree as well. Huron turns his back on EVERYTHING the Imperium represents in 911.
You sure on that? From my reading of the IA books on the BW I would say it wasn't untill the end of the war that he went "fuck all you pricks", I was under the impression that at the start of the war till up until about the time he did the dirty to the Salamanders and Executioners (who subsequently went wrong and attacked both sides) that he was simply using some rather ah shall we say strong negoitation tactics to convince the Administration that he should be allowed to continue building his forces (because that was always going to work out well as a negotiating tactic).
post #40 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-13-14, 05:28 PM

Very much sure. Check out page 31 of IA 10. He describes the Imperium of Man as a "Bankrupt, rotting carcass, fit only for the grave..." He then orders to remove all "signs and symbols of Imperial authority, culture and creed were cast down in a firestorm of iconoclasm, and the mass executions on Badab Primaris of clerics and functionaries were reported to last for many weeks without pause."

Pretty big middle finger, I think.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode