If you could be a Space Marine, what chapter/legion would you choose? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-26-13, 07:26 AM Thread Starter

Malus Darkblade's Flag is: Kuwait

Default If you could be a Space Marine, what chapter/legion would you choose?

Traitor or loyalist.

For me personally, I'll have to go with the Space Wolves. My favorite legion is the Alpha Legion but they have barely been described whereas with the former, they've been fleshed out to an amazing degree.

I love their sense of brotherhood. It feels closer than the other legions and their wolf-like senses and overall character makes it understandable why they're one of GW's most popular legions.

If the Alpha Legion received the same treatment then I'd go with them in a heartbeat.

What about you? I'd be extremely surprised if anyone chose to become a World Eater.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-26-13, 08:27 AM

Initiate's Flag is: Iran

Psh, being a World Eater would be awesome! Not a care in the world, just spilling blood all day.

In seriousness though I think I'd be an Emperor's Child. I don't see how anybody could choose a life of pain, hard work, intense dedication and self sacrifice that pretty much every other Astartes is stuck with, when you could be having fun all day every day.

"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for."
-Socrates
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-26-13, 08:34 AM

If I had to choose one I'd choose the wolves, they're friends to humanity and are willing to sacrifice allot to protect them.

If I had other options It's a toss up between salamanders, iron hands and raven guard and wolves.

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-26-13, 09:28 AM
Deathwing Commissar

Phoebus's Flag is: USA

If I had to choose one of the Chapters of the Adeptus Astartes... it would be the Iron Snakes of Ithaka.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-26-13, 09:57 AM

If I could be one... I'd be running in the opposite direction screaming. The life of a space marine sounds horrible.

If I had to be one, I'd probably go with an Ultramarine quite frankly. They aren't my favorite chapter, but they are well balanced, respected, have stable geneseed, and a mini-Empire instead of a single homeworld (even if it is a mere shadow of what they had pre-Heresy). Plus, if it's in Ward's universe I'd probably be able to spit fireballs and fart lightning.

The human appendix. Proof of a higher power. A divine kill switch so to speak.

No one really likes a smartass, but people tend to like a dumbass even less.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-26-13, 01:06 PM

fuck it, im not going to do the relatively safer chapters/legions, im becoming a grey knight, preferably a librarian of the grey knights, maybe the fluff will allow me to be nigh invulnerable and give me the ability to slay a primarch.

Or maybe just become a space marine that hangs out on the edge of civilization lording over a planet.
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-26-13, 01:26 PM
Grr! That is all.
WaLkAwaY's Flag is: USA

Grey Knight.

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” – Ernest Hemingway (1899-1961)

War does not care about convenience or inclement weather. Neither should your training. ~Me (Okay really my brother and I felt bad for stealing it)

post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-26-13, 03:48 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompy Bits View Post
If I could be one... I'd be running in the opposite direction screaming. The life of a space marine sounds horrible.

If I had to be one, I'd probably go with an Ultramarine quite frankly. They aren't my favorite chapter, but they are well balanced, respected, have stable geneseed, and a mini-Empire instead of a single homeworld (even if it is a mere shadow of what they had pre-Heresy). Plus, if it's in Ward's universe I'd probably be able to spit fireballs and fart lightning.
There's a curry house down the road which can do that to you.

For me, it would either be Emperor's Children preHeresy, Sons of Horus or Alpha Legion.

Post Heresy, exorcists. All those 'i beat cancer pics'? Fuck that 'i was possessed by a daemon and defeated it'.

Actually, that must be how the Exorcist works. '100 billion likes and i defeat my possessing daemondjsjsjtjskfjrksjtjjsktjgjskfigjslsogjskekffd sj...'

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-26-13, 08:47 PM
piemelke's Flag is: Belgium

I would say BA or mentors, standing in the back telling others how to fight and getting all the fancy tech,
cavakes
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-26-13, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost&Damned View Post
fuck it, im not going to do the relatively safer chapters/legions, im becoming a grey knight, preferably a librarian of the grey knights, maybe the fluff will allow me to be nigh invulnerable and give me the ability to slay a primarch.

Or maybe just become a space marine that hangs out on the edge of civilization lording over a planet.
That's cute, someone better tell logan you're invincible.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode