Ka'Bandha and Angron at Terra - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-06-14, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emporershand89 View Post
Personally I'd love nothing more thna an epic show-down where Ka Bandha is beat down by Sanguinius and then, from the shadows, Horus just steps in and smacks Sanguinius over the head and kills him. That would be an amusing thought. :p
Well, we know that Sanguinious dies on the Vengeful Spirit and we know that Ka'Bandha is broken at the walls of the Imperial Palace. So... ain't gonna happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emporershand89 View Post
I was going to say the same thing; if anything it should make them bitter rivals to kill whomever it is they so please to destroy. Thus the possibility of meeting, while perhaps low, is still there.
What you're basically wondering here is: How come Khorne's followers can make an army? Khorne doesn't drive (necessarily) to murder at the cost of all logical thinking. Even Kharn is capable of working alongside others. The idea that two followers of Khorne would be required to fight each other, simply because they both like killing, is ridiculous. Ka'Bandha is explicitly shown to refrain from killing Sanguinious, at behest of his God, yet you believe him unable to do them same to Angron (whose one his team!)?

And that's leaving aside the question of why they would have a rivalry. Ka'Bandha is a daemon, Angron is a daemon-prince. All the fluff I've seen shows that daemons are dismissive of 'mortals', while all the fluff I've seen also shows that Angron doesn't give a fuck.

"Look into my eyes, and see your death."
"Let them hate, so long as they fear."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-10-14, 03:03 AM Thread Starter

Not too many like the idea, which is cool. No fun to have everyone agree with you .

If you don't like my plot that is cool, but the reasons don't make a lot of sense to me. I would not be surprised if the Battle for Terra takes up a dozen books. There are so many angles on this battle there is no reason to rush it. I could see a book written just on the Thunder warriors and what they do during the battle. By far not the most important part of the battle, but the stage has been set for them to make an appearance. The attack on the lunar batteries. You could throw in another book on Mars. In short, why would you want to rush something like this into a single, or even 3 books? This is the most important battle of the entire 40k genre - don't leave anything out. My point being "there are already so many things going on" doesn't hold water with me. I want them to go into every detail. Not to mention, this will be the end of the HH series (unless they wrap up with them running to the Eye, or what goes on with the Dark Angels), do it with style.

Why would they meet? Why would they not? The 2 top Khornate Daemons on Terra may bump into each other. Why would they fight? Come on now, this is Khorne we are talking about. "Blood for the Blood God!", does not distinguish whose blood - just that it flows.

Throw in there the fact that Sang. is pretty close to Khorne himself. That is what would draw them all together. Angron may hate Sang., but he probably does respect him at least as far as his martial abilities go. I can't see how the siege of Terra won't have a lot of Blood Angel/World Eater battles. They are the different sides of the same coin.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-10-14, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooey72 View Post
I would not be surprised if the Battle for Terra takes up a dozen books. There are so many angles on this battle there is no reason to rush it.
I agree. But that's the thing. There's already enough going on in the Siege to fill dozens of books, why do we need to add more?

Quote:
Why would they meet? Why would they not? The 2 top Khornate Daemons on Terra may bump into each other. Why would they fight? Come on now, this is Khorne we are talking about. "Blood for the Blood God!", does not distinguish whose blood - just that it flows.
"Why not" is not a very compelling reason for a story. Plus numerous posters have already given reasons why not, mostly that it doesn't make sense. Khorne may not care where the blood flows from but he does care that lots of it flows. Ka'Banda can't bleed (because he's a daemon) and is capable of killing loads on Terra, Angron is capable of killing millions if left to his own devices. Therefore the most blood flows if Ka'Banda and Angron both survive to fight the loyalists. It is therefore in Khorne's best interest to have them not fight each other.

Think of it this way. What does Khorne gain if they fight each other to the death? A dead servant. What does he gain if they leave each other alone? Loads of dead loyalists.

Quote:
Angron may hate Sang., but he probably does respect him at least as far as his martial abilities go. I can't see how the siege of Terra won't have a lot of Blood Angel/World Eater battles. They are the different sides of the same coin.
I'm not sure Angron really has much of an opinion on his 'brothers'. I would say it's probably a bit strong to think he hated or respected Sanguinious, he probably just viewed him with a dislike and disinterest.

"Look into my eyes, and see your death."
"Let them hate, so long as they fear."

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-10-14, 04:05 PM Thread Starter

delete

Last edited by Zooey72; 01-10-14 at 04:08 PM.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-14-14, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleaxus View Post
Their single minded purpose so pure for bloodletting ironically removes one another out of each others harms way?
If you disregard everything GW did with khorne and go back to what he was originally it's allot easier to explain.

Khorne isn't about from where the blood flows, he's about who it flows from.

Enemy champions, regular enemies, civilians and slaanesh followers are all targets his followers would kill before going on to his own troops.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-22-14, 06:00 AM

Jesus, I haven't read the rest of the posts, but did you all have to jump down his throat over the post??

a simple, "They don't have to meet, but an interesting idea," would have sufficed.

My two cents on the topic: I don't see them meeting, Daemons have a limited time in the materium, I doubt he wants to do a dick measuring contest with angron when he shows up to fight.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode