How much power does a Daemon Prince have? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-11-13, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

Androxine Vortex's Flag is: USA

Default How much power does a Daemon Prince have?

I might have asked this before, not sure. I was making my own Chaos warband background and their story is that they sided with Chaos but found Chaos to be very untrustworthy. they did not like the idea of gods ruling over them. So they decided that their leader Agamaedon (whom they have a very close bond with) would be elevated to Daemon Prince and then once ascended he would bestow blessings upon them and they would worship him rather than a warp spawned god.

Does this sound feasible? Note that they are very careful about only serving Chaos as a whole never individual gods.

What powers would a Daemon Prince possess? Could they ressurect their fallen members? Could he offer "blessings" to his followers just as if one the 4 were to bless their servants?

+MAY THE DARK GODS BLESS YOU WITH MANY TENTACLES+
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-11-13, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androxine Vortex View Post
stuff
Generally as much power as their patron god/s decide to give them. You could say he found some ancient xeno artifact.

EDIT: You could also go with a cult worshiping him as a god, thus giving him some power.

People serve chaos undivided all the time.

EDIT 2: There are undivided dps

Last edited by locustgate; 11-11-13 at 05:13 PM.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-13-13, 12:20 AM

Over Two Meters Tall!'s Flag is: USA

I can imagine Tzeench allowing this to happen as a cosmic joke on the Chaos warband, but the warp as a generic primeval force doesn't act to promote Daemon Princes, so it would have to be at least one of the Chaos gods granting the boon. Jokes on them.

The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you have to load, or if you have to unload, go to the White Zone. You'll love it... it's a way of life.

Nick Naylor: Cigarettes in space?
Jeff Megall: It's the final frontier, Nick.
Nick Naylor: But wouldn't they blow up in an all oxygen environment?
Jeff Megall: Probably. But it's an easy fix. One line of dialogue. 'Thank God we invented the... you know, whatever device.'

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-13-13, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

Yeah it would be through Chaos Undivided. True there are plenty of undivided princes but I understand that the daemons of the warp know what their intentions/thoughts are. Maybe they wouldn't care because since he would be a DP the warband would still technically be killing for Chaos even if it is in Agamaedon's name. And yes the warband will worship him as a chaos "god" due to their distrust of the nature of the warp, they would rather worship a man with daemonic powers rather than just a daemon.

post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-13-13, 11:58 AM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Yeah it would be through Chaos Undivided
The thing is, that a specific god would have to elevate him to Daemon Prince. The Chaos Undivided simply represent equal worship in all 4 gods, it is not a entity per say.

The idea could worth, but you still have to figure out which of the 4 gods elevate their Chaos Lord to a Daemon Prince. There is no such thing as a neutral Daemon Prince after all - He's always "a dog on a leash" so to speak.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-13-13, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
The thing is, that a specific god would have to elevate him to Daemon Prince. The Chaos Undivided simply represent equal worship in all 4 gods, it is not a entity per say.

The idea could worth, but you still have to figure out which of the 4 gods elevate their Chaos Lord to a Daemon Prince. There is no such thing as a neutral Daemon Prince after all - He's always "a dog on a leash" so to speak.
Is it possible for someone to be elevated by the collective will of multiple gods or is it only possible to be elevated by a particular god? Because wouldn't that make you not undivided anymore?

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-13-13, 12:32 PM

Quote:
stuff
I know It's happened in all of the DoW games and there is mention of undivided demons, at least in the models and old dex and the Night Lords books.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-13-13, 12:36 PM
Herald of The Warp

Quote:
Is it possible for someone to be elevated by the collective will of multiple gods or is it only possible to be elevated by a particular god
In modern lore, as far as I know, it's impossible to be elevated by multiple gods. They are always of a specific deity, as the gods don't really have a habit of co-operating. It might have been different in the past however, but in the books I have read and the codexes I own (CSM and Daemons) there is no undivided Daemon Princes. Personally, I don't see how it's possible either - Even the primarchs all followed a specific deity.

A good example of this is also Abaddon. He refuses to follow the will of one of the gods, keeping him from Daemonhood. He knows that if he follows one, he will be elevated, but he wants to be human when he brings down the Emperium.

@Child-of-the-Emperor I could use your wisdom here. Am I totally wrong?

Last edited by Nordicus; 11-13-13 at 12:39 PM.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-13-13, 12:51 PM

Location: In a cell for revealing sensitive information regarding the Inquisition

Aren't Lorgar and Perturabo both Undivided Daemon Primarchs?

My contribution to the Renegades saga. Check it out

My growing IIIrd legion stuff:

17th Millenial (Homebrew Fluff) - "Children of the Emperor, death to his foes!" (Project Log)

Also my 30k tacticas, for those of you interested:

Crusade Army List tactica - Individual Legion tactica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
And for two fucking grand, I could buy enough rum and hookers to 'artistically' recreate the better part of Pirates of the Caribbean.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-13-13, 12:59 PM
Herald of The Warp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
Aren't Lorgar and Perturabo both Undivided Daemon Primarchs?
As far as I know Lorgar was elevated via a Khornate ritual (so I would argue that he was elevated by Khorne) and Perturabo I did not know of. I will have to read up on him.

I'm still struggling to see how a guy could be elevated by the Pantheon honestly, at least with the modern lore in mind.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode