The Arms Race that is Killing 40k - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-30-13, 09:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Over Two Meters Tall!'s Avatar
Over Two Meters Tall!'s Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 638
Reputation: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJay View Post
Never mention a song of ice and fire!! Martins writing style is pure shit, and his story is going no where. I hope he dies before he finishes the series.
So tell me how you really feel, don't sugar coat it.

The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you have to load, or if you have to unload, go to the White Zone. You'll love it... it's a way of life.

Nick Naylor: Cigarettes in space?
Jeff Megall: It's the final frontier, Nick.
Nick Naylor: But wouldn't they blow up in an all oxygen environment?
Jeff Megall: Probably. But it's an easy fix. One line of dialogue. 'Thank God we invented the... you know, whatever device.'
Over Two Meters Tall! is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-30-13, 11:02 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
 
Tawa's Avatar
Tawa's Flag is: Scotland
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cheshire, UK
Posts: 8,723
Reputation: 94
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
Blackadder, anyone?
Fixed that for you


I think he would be an awesome Commissar!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
Tawa is offline  
post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-31-13, 12:08 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,685
Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJay View Post
Never mention a song of ice and fire!! Martins writing style is pure shit, and his story is going no where. I hope he dies before he finishes the series.

Cain survived those encounters he didn't kick their asses.

Space marines are the best of the best, but now a single space marine isn't good enough compared to some figures. Even with being genetically superior with the best weapons against something like a big tyranid, they are screwed.
So it's becoming increasingly apparently that you know fuck all about 40K.

Space marines are super soldiers they are no where near the best of the best.

Genestealers destroy them
Necron warriors weapons are more than capable of wiping them.
the tau are more then capable of beating them.
Plenty of astartes die to eldar as well.
Orks are also more than capable of wiping astartes as well.

They win because of they can shoot straighter and hit first allot of times. But other than that they die. Because they don't fight smart. Nearly every space marine novel goes like this.

Bad guys appear,
space marines respond,
fight to a standstill
war begins to turn against them.
war turns in their favor due to a wildcard.
war is won by a tactical strike.


Cain never charges into battle alone, he always ensures he has troops around him. He also chooses his engagements and he always tries to find a way out.

In the greater good cain dropped his weapons when confronted by that battlesuit. A space marine would never have done that.
It in turn caused the tau and the imperium to gain a truce.
Reaper45 is offline  
 
post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-31-13, 06:21 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 179
Reputation: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
So it's becoming increasingly apparently that you know fuck all about 40K.

Space marines are super soldiers they are no where near the best of the best.

Genestealers destroy them
Necron warriors weapons are more than capable of wiping them.
the tau are more then capable of beating them.
Plenty of astartes die to eldar as well.
Orks are also more than capable of wiping astartes as well.

They win because of they can shoot straighter and hit first allot of times. But other than that they die. Because they don't fight smart. Nearly every space marine novel goes like this.

Bad guys appear,
space marines respond,
fight to a standstill
war begins to turn against them.
war turns in their favor due to a wildcard.
war is won by a tactical strike.


Cain never charges into battle alone, he always ensures he has troops around him. He also chooses his engagements and he always tries to find a way out.

In the greater good cain dropped his weapons when confronted by that battlesuit. A space marine would never have done that.
It in turn caused the tau and the imperium to gain a truce.
Wow someone just became a child.

I'd like to fire back with some inappropriate nonsense about your knowledge of a fake universe, but really I don't care enough.

Last post about Martins popularity: 50 shades of grey was also a highly successful book series too, doesn't mean it isn't literary crap and it doesn't mean the masses are right.

Back on the titled subject. I just don't care to see the primarchs or any other character for that matter, going super saiyan to best their foe. Shooting energy blasts that can kill entire squads just because it is cool.

I see it now, the rematch between Sang and Ka'Bandha. The fighting is brutal, neither seems to be gaining the upper hand, then Sang taps into his innermost fury his radiance shining as the energy that empowers the emperor flows through him, and his hair turns all spikey and Ka is now as weak as a child, the pure wrath coming from the Saiy-I mean primarch can not be matched, and he breaks the daemons back.

That could happen...I'd even put $5 that something very similar to that happens, no bullshit.

I don't want that. I hope when writing the Battle of Tera, and all 40k novels, our authors have more creative ingenuity than our beloved characters gaining extra pixy powers.
CJay is offline  
post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-31-13, 06:32 AM
Feed
 
Serpion5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Space
Posts: 10,976
Reputation: 51
Default

The primarchs were created with warp energy stolen from the chaos gods. These random feats of heroism make sense for them, and even then aren't exactly commonplace.

Bear in mind that in most cases the primarchs had an army at their backs.

Also a genetic super soldier fueled by god juice managing to beat a greater daemon isn't exactly a stretch of the imagination, especially since well equipped marines can do that now (grey knights, in case you didn't make the connection).


Nonsense is our Salvation

Serpion5 is offline  
post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-31-13, 10:46 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,685
Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJay View Post
Wow someone just became a child.

I'd like to fire back with some inappropriate nonsense about your knowledge of a fake universe, but really I don't care enough.

Last post about Martins popularity: 50 shades of grey was also a highly successful book series too, doesn't mean it isn't literary crap and it doesn't mean the masses are right.

Back on the titled subject. I just don't care to see the primarchs or any other character for that matter, going super saiyan to best their foe. Shooting energy blasts that can kill entire squads just because it is cool.

I see it now, the rematch between Sang and Ka'Bandha. The fighting is brutal, neither seems to be gaining the upper hand, then Sang taps into his innermost fury his radiance shining as the energy that empowers the emperor flows through him, and his hair turns all spikey and Ka is now as weak as a child, the pure wrath coming from the Saiy-I mean primarch can not be matched, and he breaks the daemons back.

That could happen...I'd even put $5 that something very similar to that happens, no bullshit.

I don't want that. I hope when writing the Battle of Tera, and all 40k novels, our authors have more creative ingenuity than our beloved characters gaining extra pixy powers.
There's two kinds of sci fi.

The happy everyone gets along star trek where only useless characters die, or grimdark where anyone can die.

You're trying to adapt 40K to what your limited mind can comprehend.

Almost all of the characters who hulked out to do something awesome were in fact warp related,

I will say it again, read the books and pay attention this time. Everything cain defeated was warp related and most of the time jurgen showed up.

World eaters, one was wounded and the other one was arrogant, jurgen ended both of them.
Daemon jurgen was there,
necron pariahs jurgen
partriach jurgen
psykers jurgen was there.

We're dealing with events that happen in a galaxy thus powers have to increase it's fine for on earth people to have the strength of conan but in a galactic setting it doesn't work.
Reaper45 is offline  
post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old 10-31-13, 04:39 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
 
Tawa's Avatar
Tawa's Flag is: Scotland
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cheshire, UK
Posts: 8,723
Reputation: 94
Default

Stop with the mud-slinging guys, please.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
Tawa is offline  
post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-01-13, 12:49 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 179
Reputation: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
There's two kinds of sci fi.

The happy everyone gets along star trek where only useless characters die, or grimdark where anyone can die.

You're trying to adapt 40K to what your limited mind can comprehend.

Almost all of the characters who hulked out to do something awesome were in fact warp related,

I will say it again, read the books and pay attention this time. Everything cain defeated was warp related and most of the time jurgen showed up.

World eaters, one was wounded and the other one was arrogant, jurgen ended both of them.
Daemon jurgen was there,
necron pariahs jurgen
partriach jurgen
psykers jurgen was there.

We're dealing with events that happen in a galaxy thus powers have to increase it's fine for on earth people to have the strength of conan but in a galactic setting it doesn't work.

Haah I've been reading these novels longer than you. Loook at our join dates.

Seriously no moderators going to reprimand this troll for his comments? He is clearly 12
CJay is offline  
post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-01-13, 02:27 AM
Senior Moderator
 
DeathKlokk's Avatar
DeathKlokk's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 5,719
Reputation: 20
Default

Last time folks. STOP BICKERING!

Strange, but not a Stranger.
DeathKlokk is offline  
post #30 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-01-13, 02:52 AM
Feed
 
Serpion5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Space
Posts: 10,976
Reputation: 51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJay View Post
Haah I've been reading these novels longer than you. Loook at our join dates.

Seriously no moderators going to reprimand this troll for his comments? He is clearly 12
Having a different opinion or understanding to you isn't trolling. Seriously, you're dragging this on as much as he is.

Like Deathklokk says, maybe you should both get over it?


Nonsense is our Salvation

Serpion5 is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome