The founding Grey Knights (new lore and spoilers) - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-06-13, 08:20 PM
Member
 
Thyr's Avatar
Thyr's Flag is: Germany
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 62
Reputation: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadeye776 View Post
I think the tragedy of having Loken lose everything he's ever loved, honored, and cared for as well as to be betrayed by his father and his brothers is a tragedy. The true tragedy however is the fact that living through it is the worst kind of hell I can imagine. At least if he had died (and had his soul destroyed by daemons in the warp like everyone else) he would know the peace of oblivion. However, he will have to live with only his new chapter and their brothers as well as have the shame of, unlike the others from traitor legions, having his father being the leader of the Heresy.
This is exactly how I feel about it. To me Loken surviving is much more tragic than him having died.

"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things."
Thyr is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-07-13, 06:07 PM
Senior Member
 
oiad's Avatar
oiad's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 116
Reputation: 1
Default

He's a strong-minded lad. If he does indeed survive long enough to become a Grey Knight Grandmaster and drop his old heritage to adopt their legacy then I'm sure he'll have as good a reason as any to overcome any remaining 'shame'.
oiad is offline  
post #23 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-08-13, 06:22 AM
Senior Member
 
emporershand89's Avatar
emporershand89's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New England.....somewhere in that mess of awesomness!!
Posts: 2,270
Reputation: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
This is exactly how I feel about it. To me Loken surviving is much more tragic than him having died.
This is true sadly. However I feel that if he has the heart of burning vengeance(Provided the Writers give him thus) he will find a way to bring Honor back to his Brothers. For a short, and indeed very short, time Sarpeon of the Soul Drinker's managed to bring Honor back to his stricken Chapter that was plagued by mutation. Perhaps he can too.



"Walk Softely, and Carry a Big Gun!"
emporershand89 is offline  
 
post #24 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-14-13, 05:27 AM
Senior Member
 
Lord Lorne Walkier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 148
Reputation: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
This is exactly how I feel about it. To me Loken surviving is much more tragic than him having died.
I agree with you, Loken is "Cursed". What makes it even worse is that he is /still/ alive in 40k. The Undying amongst the dead. He just can't catch a break. The moment he joined the Mournival, he was doomed.
Lord Lorne Walkier is offline  
post #25 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-14-13, 05:29 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
Brother Lucian's Flag is: Denmark
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Denmark
Posts: 2,003
Reputation: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lorne Walkier View Post
I agree with you, Loken is "Cursed". What makes it even worse is that he is /still/ alive in 40k. The Undying amongst the dead. He just can't catch a break. The moment he joined the Mournival, he was doomed.
I think you mixed up something there. We have no confirmation of Loken's fate, except for Abbadon claiming he saw his brother die.
Brother Lucian is offline  
post #26 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-14-13, 11:40 AM
Senior Member
 
Lord Lorne Walkier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 148
Reputation: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Lucian View Post
I think you mixed up something there. We have no confirmation of Loken's fate, except for Abbadon claiming he saw his brother die.
Yeh, we have no confirmation but I want to be on the record as saying it is so.
Lord Lorne Walkier is offline  
post #27 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-16-13, 10:37 PM
Bane of Empires
 
Child-of-the-Emperor's Avatar
Child-of-the-Emperor's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: England
Posts: 5,131
Reputation: 19
Default

So, did Abaddon take Epimetheus with him?

If so it seems that Epimetheus is the "psyker of prodigious strength" that Abaddon turns over to Fulgrim to become the avatar of Slaanesh...



Quote:
Originally Posted by cegorach View Post
I do love how we don't even need CotE to comment anymore, chances are he has already said something intelligent before that can be re-applied to the current situation.
Heresy's Background FAQ. (Fluff Project)
CotE Reviews: Prospero Burns (HH Review), Age of Darkness (HH Review).
Child-of-the-Emperor is offline  
post #28 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-16-13, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
Brother Lucian's Flag is: Denmark
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Denmark
Posts: 2,003
Reputation: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child-of-the-Emperor View Post
So, did Abaddon take Epimetheus with him?

If so it seems that Epimetheus is the "psyker of prodigious strength" that Abaddon turns over to Fulgrim to become the avatar of Slaanesh...
He did indeed. And now what is this bit about an Avatar for Slaanesh?
Brother Lucian is offline  
post #29 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-17-13, 09:59 AM
Senior Member
piemelke's Flag is: Belgium
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Belgium
Posts: 493
Reputation: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child-of-the-Emperor View Post
If so it seems that Epimetheus is the "psyker of prodigious strength" that Abaddon turns over to Fulgrim to become the avatar of Slaanesh...
__________________
I sincerely hope this is not the case, and Epimetheus can be freed or something, it just gets boring, chaos takes second largest gene stock, chaos takes blackstone fortress, chaos turns one of the founding GK, chaos kills Eldrad, chaos... blablabla and the IOM/Eldar are just sitting there, sucking it all up, pansies
piemelke is offline  
post #30 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-17-13, 11:13 AM
Bane of Empires
 
Child-of-the-Emperor's Avatar
Child-of-the-Emperor's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: England
Posts: 5,131
Reputation: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Lucian View Post
He did indeed. And now what is this bit about an Avatar for Slaanesh?
The events of Pandorax are also covered in Codex: Black Legion:

"...Before the portal closed, however, Abaddon took with him a psyker, rumoured to be of prodigious strength and the bearer of a unique gift that would aid the Warmaster in his forthcoming Black Crusade."

"From Fulgrim, Primarch of the Emperor's Children, the Despoiler was gifted with the favour of Slaanesh in exchange for the Pythosian psyker, offered as an unblemished vessel to contain the avatar of Fulgrim's god."

It's not exactly conclusive, but if Epimetheus was the psyker that is being referred to then it opens up some interesting avenues.


Quote:
Originally Posted by piemelke View Post
I sincerely hope this is not the case, and Epimetheus can be freed or something, it just gets boring, chaos takes second largest gene stock, chaos takes blackstone fortress, chaos turns one of the founding GK, chaos kills Eldrad, chaos... blablabla and the IOM/Eldar are just sitting there, sucking it all up, pansies
"The theme behind Warhammer 40,000 isn't that the Imperium will one day emerge triumphant. It's the chronicle of how humanity ends, inch by inch."



Quote:
Originally Posted by cegorach View Post
I do love how we don't even need CotE to comment anymore, chances are he has already said something intelligent before that can be re-applied to the current situation.
Heresy's Background FAQ. (Fluff Project)
CotE Reviews: Prospero Burns (HH Review), Age of Darkness (HH Review).

Last edited by Child-of-the-Emperor; 11-17-13 at 11:16 AM.
Child-of-the-Emperor is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome