Current Power of Abbadon - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 97 (permalink) Old 11-02-13, 06:08 AM

This is how I'd kill Abbaddon. Challenge him to personal combat (you would need someone famous like an Inquistorial Lord or Chapter master with a company of Terminators) and get him to accept. When he's on the surface of the world, send a Execution Force to disable his teleporter capabilities of his ship by getting on board. While he's killing whoever you sent, order an Exterminatus while you activate plyons to block the Gods from getting him. CHance of success is 45% but it's worth a shot. Also most of these components would be hard to obtain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 97 (permalink) Old 11-02-13, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadeye776 View Post
This is how I'd kill Abbaddon. Challenge him to personal combat (you would need someone famous like an Inquistorial Lord or Chapter master with a company of Terminators) and get him to accept. When he's on the surface of the world, send a Execution Force to disable his teleporter capabilities of his ship by getting on board. While he's killing whoever you sent, order an Exterminatus while you activate plyons to block the Gods from getting him. CHance of success is 45% but it's worth a shot. Also most of these components would be hard to obtain.
1) Why would Abaddon accept a challenge to personal combat from anyone? He has nothing to gain from such a scenario, as there is nobody on the Imperial side as important as he is.
2) The rest of this plan would be both extremely obvious and unlikely to succeed. I don't think you can move Pylons, certainly not quickly, and they are always on. Plus they don't really stop the Gods from interfering, they just limit warp-space overlap.
3) What do you expect Abaddon's ship to be doing while you're boarding it (hard to be subtle about that) and maneuvering for Exterminatus (impossible to be subtle about that)?

"Look into my eyes, and see your death."
"Let them hate, so long as they fear."
post #43 of 97 (permalink) Old 11-03-13, 04:06 PM
piemelke's Flag is: Belgium

a long shot,
gamble and set up losing the cadian gate (even further) so abaddon can start his crimson path,
the chaos gods will get nervous by the sudden enormous success and will all want to lure him to their side, in the resulting struggle the first chaos god who thinks abaddon will not choose his side will kill him off. Basically the scenario that would enfold after abaddon kicked the emp of the golden throne, just accelerating it.
I have no problem with abaddon being raised by Belgians (that is what made dr evil evil ) and a super villain, however there is just no contender on the IOM side, there is absolutely no balance

post #44 of 97 (permalink) Old 11-04-13, 10:27 PM
Angryman

shaantitus's Flag is: Australia

Location: A wretched hive of scum and villany. Actually PNG. Goddamn this place is a shithole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Thanks for posting that, Well worth the time to read. Excellent info on our favourite badass. I think I understand him a bit more now.

Sanity is for the weak.
'Evil will triumph because good is dumb.' Dark Helmet,Spaceballs
According to LUKEVALENTINE's test i am a diciple of khorne. Figures really.
post #45 of 97 (permalink) Old 11-04-13, 10:52 PM

Straken's_Fist's Flag is: South Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
That's an amazing article. Sums it up really.
post #46 of 97 (permalink) Old 11-04-13, 11:44 PM

So I take it Abaddon greatest power is being the Great Politician. He is able to keep chaos and the different chaos war band on delicate lease. Which is weird because from reading the Heresy novels I found him to be hot headed and Aximand to be more of level headed Space marine.

I think as a fighter he is just above average Space marine . Because of his sword and Horus talons it gives him a great edge over most space marines but I like to know how it would be if he didn't have those weapons.

Personally I'm kind of sick of Abaddon , Kharn and any of those chaos space marines from 30k . Wish Game work shop just kill them off and introduce new characters to take there place. I mean none of the loyalist Space marine from the 30 K with the exception of Bjorn are alive.
post #47 of 97 (permalink) Old 11-05-13, 02:47 AM
hailene's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwak76 View Post
I mean none of the loyalist Space marine from the 30 K with the exception of Bjorn are alive.
To our knowledge. We know that Raguel the Sufferer, of the Blood Angels Chapter, was around late M.41.

We don't know if any other First or Second Founding Chapters have GC veterans amongst them.

I assume that Bjorn and Raguel have lived as long as they have for much the same reason many of the other Chaos Marines have lived--the fact that time doesn't move for them as the rest of the galaxy. The Night Lords tenth company has only fought for a few centuries since the Great Betrayal. They've had fewer chances to die.

Also some of the Chaos players have their god's favor on their side. Look at Lucy and Kharn. Both of them ought to be dead multiple times, only to be risen from the dead by their respective god.
post #48 of 97 (permalink) Old 11-05-13, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailene View Post
To our knowledge. We know that Raguel the Sufferer, of the Blood Angels Chapter, was around late M.41.

We don't know if any other First or Second Founding Chapters have GC veterans amongst them.

I assume that Bjorn and Raguel have lived as long as they have for much the same reason many of the other Chaos Marines have lived--the fact that time doesn't move for them as the rest of the galaxy. The Night Lords tenth company has only fought for a few centuries since the Great Betrayal. They've had fewer chances to die.

Also some of the Chaos players have their god's favor on their side. Look at Lucy and Kharn. Both of them ought to be dead multiple times, only to be risen from the dead by their respective god.
Bjorn has lived so long because he's a Dreadnought. He only gets woken up every once in awhile for ceremony and if his council is needed. As for Raguel, I have no idea.
post #49 of 97 (permalink) Old 11-05-13, 04:26 AM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Raguel was killed by Talos of the Night Lords from what I've read. So now its just Bjorn as far as we know

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
post #50 of 97 (permalink) Old 11-05-13, 05:20 AM

emporershand89's Flag is: USA

Location: New England.....somewhere in that mess of awesomness!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEQinc View Post
1) Why would Abaddon accept a challenge to personal combat from anyone? He has nothing to gain from such a scenario, as there is nobody on the Imperial side as important as he is.
Just as Horus challenged fellow Primarchs and the Emporer Abbadon also stands to gain by defeating his opponent in single combat. Just the Psychological effect alone would cripple the Imperial Forces but to defeat some of note would gain him mass fllowing amoungst the followers of Choas.

Honestly idk how power the man is but apparently he is on part with the Ancient's and Grey Knight hunters that have fought him, and died in the process. Is he on pare with the Primarchs..............anyones guess at this point. If he was he probably would have made it to Terra by now, but hey..........even Magnus got defeated by a mere Space Wolf on Rus.

"Walk Softely, and Carry a Big Gun!"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode