If Our Earth Was Discovered - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-05-13, 01:03 AM Thread Starter

SoL Berzerker's Flag is: USA

Default If Our Earth Was Discovered

Lets say that right now the Great Crusade was going on in our universe. Tomorrow Earth will be discovered by some Space Marine Legion.

1. What do you think our worlds response would be to the request for compliance?

2. What legion would you want to have our world be discovered by?

I feel that our nations would comply rather quickly. We would realize that we cannot even compete with them in terms of military so I do feel that we would comply.

As for which legion I'd want to be found by, I'm not too sure. I know I would not want to be found by World Eaters or Night Lords, but as for which one would be best I have no clue. Ultramarines?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-05-13, 01:26 AM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

I think the response would be rather mixed. I'd heavily enjoy seeing North Korea wiped off the face of the Earth for dissent though. I would hope most nations would see how suicidal it would be to even think of resisting, though even if we did, it would be a terrifyingly short resistance, one I would very much not be taking part in.

Legion wise. If this is all pre-Heresy, without any hindsight of which Legions will turn, then pretty much any of them bar the World Eaters, Night Lords and perhaps the Death Guard as well. I think the Salamanders or Ultramarines would probably be the most ideal though, both being very particular on helping the planets they conquered as opposed to moving swiftly on and leaving it all for the Army to handle.
post #3 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-05-13, 01:41 AM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Certain portions of the world would left unscathed. The likes of the Middle East, parts of Africa, South East Asia, USA and South America (basically where religion has a huge impact on every day life) would however facing a shitload of Imperial aggression.

As for which legion: Salamanders, hands down. The most civilised and humble of all the Legions.

Last edited by Jacobite; 10-05-13 at 02:06 AM.

post #4 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-05-13, 01:47 AM
The Emperor Protects

The Word Bearers would have a field day with us, in either a good or horrifying way. On the one hand, they manage to convince all the dominant religions that their God, is in fact the Emperor. On the other hand, none of the religions accept this, and the Word Bearers shit hits the proverbial fan, and a huge swathe of the world is swiftly annihilated in a excessive amount of bolter rounds, fiery death and mass chanting, before the Pope can finish saying 'Ame- Oh my fucking god! I am literally on fucking fire, fuck, fuck, fuck!".
post #5 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-05-13, 02:39 AM

Rems's Flag is: Australia

Ultramarines no question.

Guilliman's goal was to create prosperous worlds for the Imperium, not conqured husks. Civilian casualties would be kept to a minimum and once compliance was achieved they'd spend time improving our technology and infrastructure etc. It would also be nice to become part of the Ultramar empire and come under Ultramarine protection.

That's assuming of course we submit. I'd like to think rationality would prevail but who knows what sheer human pig headedness and emotion could do. For our entire history we've fought each other over disputes of sovereignty and control.

I think it would depend on how they approached us.

post #6 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-05-13, 03:35 AM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

The bible belt would have a very, very..... very bad series of days, or day, depending on how efficient the preverbal reality ban-hammer is.

If I could cherry pick who I wanted to get the honor of rolf-stomping us, I would choose between the Salamanders, Ultramarines or the Blood Angels, in that order. Probably be looking at the smallest number of civilian deaths that way, or at least I would hope. Luna Wolves probably wouldn't be too bad; before Horus went bat shit, he was reasonably opposed to senseless slaughter, which would tend to be a plus for me. Really, I would want to avoid any of the other future traitor legions like the damn plague. Not a nice group of people, them.

The Website kept telling me that my profile was only 80% complete without creating a signature. Ain't no website going to tell me I was a lazy shit, no sir.
post #7 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-05-13, 11:19 AM

Short answer best case scenario I'm moving to Canada the second there's reports of 2 meter tall super men in armor, or someone flipping a tank, or people with flashlights. America "We were founded by jesus to drink mountain dew and shoot shit and no ALIEN is going to tell me other wise" then we get bombed back to the pre-stonage if we are lucky.

Any legion except the traitor legions.

Last edited by locustgate; 10-05-13 at 11:21 AM.
post #8 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-05-13, 12:32 PM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

I don't think the contest would be as one sided as all of you think, unless they use orbital bombardment.

If we are facing a single legion or a portion of a single legion the we would have pretty good options. Some of our tech is significantly better than that of the imperium, especially our tank technology and terrestrial aircraft.

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.
post #9 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-05-13, 01:26 PM

Chaplain-Grimaldus's Flag is: England

I don't think so. Bear in mind the kind of stuff we are dealing with here.

The majority of our soldiers weapons won't touch a legionary in power armour. Don't forget we are fighting people attacking us from space. We have never faced that.

Orbital cannons, drop pods, las weapons that punch holes in any armour we own.

If we were non-compliant (I fucking hope we would be) then Ultramarines Fists, Salamanders and Blood Angels in that order.

I'm too old to be an astartes but with my experiences could quite happily become a squad leader in the imperial army!

W-L-D
Dark Angels 5th Coy 1.5k - 0-0-0
Vampire Counts 1k - 1-1-0
post #10 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-05-13, 04:56 PM
The Emperor Protects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreuger View Post
I don't think the contest would be as one sided as all of you think, unless they use orbital bombardment.

If we are facing a single legion or a portion of a single legion the we would have pretty good options. Some of our tech is significantly better than that of the imperium, especially our tank technology and terrestrial aircraft.
There's already been heavy threads on this before, so I'll try not to derail this too much. But even before combat is initiated, how do you think the world will fair, when all of a sudden, no communication satellites exist, or any satellites at all for that matter. That alone would cause instant mass manic and confusion as no Army would be able to effectively communicate internally, never mind to make a unified world effort. Then all our world leaders are dead, our main command centres destroyed along with everyone in them, all our airfields are also gone as well. All of which could be achieved without orbital bombardment. So they already have air superiority, then have means to communicate effectively, when we don't, they can rapidly redeploy to any location on the planet. This could all be done by a chapter quite easily, never mind an entire Legion. Then start factoring in the potential presence of a Primarch, Titan Legions, the orbital bombardment people always want to try and forget about, and we are very clearly screwed.

Seriously, I struggle to take anyone seriously who thinks we could even make a roadblock to the bulldozer that would the Legions. It's just naive to even begin to think we wouldn't be massacred in a war.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode