If Our Earth Was Discovered - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-06-13, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthak View Post
We win stuff
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!
OH MOTHER OF CHRIST! That is the hardest I've laughed in a while. Try millennia, that is IF we don't bomb ourselves back to the pre-stone age.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-07-13, 06:19 PM
Choodie's Flag is: Denmark

If i saw a World Eater in my backyard... I would embrace my new Overlords pretty damn fast.
post #33 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-07-13, 06:52 PM

Over Two Meters Tall!'s Flag is: USA

Capitulation would happen over the weekend. It would be best to have the Salamanders or the Ultramarines... the planets brought into compliance by any of the Traitor Legions seemed to quickly be converted to chaos after the start of the HH.

Any military response by our planet would be easily subject to the weapons coming down the gravity well. Nukes could even easily be shot down, assuming the communication infrastructure survived long enough. World leaders could be captured/killed in short order using teleportation technology, regardless of how deep the bunker was located.

I'd also have to wonder how the more religious among us would respond when they encountered their first Librarian? Either way, after the civilian governments capitulated, their first order of business would be in hunting down the religious resisters themselves for fear they'd trigger reprisals against the general civilian populations.

The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you have to load, or if you have to unload, go to the White Zone. You'll love it... it's a way of life.

Nick Naylor: Cigarettes in space?
Jeff Megall: It's the final frontier, Nick.
Nick Naylor: But wouldn't they blow up in an all oxygen environment?
Jeff Megall: Probably. But it's an easy fix. One line of dialogue. 'Thank God we invented the... you know, whatever device.'

post #34 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-07-13, 06:53 PM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choodie View Post
If i saw a World Eater in my backyard... I would embrace my new Overlords pretty damn fast.
Any sane person who has barely any knowledge of Warhammer would as well. Same goes for the Night Lords. I'd rather not get strangled with my own intestines, thank you very much.

I think i'd much prefer the salamanders or the smurfs to find us first. That is a lot less people dead right there.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
post #35 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-07-13, 08:35 PM

Realistically the imperium would say this is Terra in the past oh shit we got sucked back in time we gotta go unless of course chaos is trying something by attacking terra while still young and vulnerable.

as what would they do well show them the horrors of the universe and i think most would surrender damn fast and prepare for war against everything none human out there the religious might a problem that would have to be put down but im sure some primarchs have the oratory necesary to negotiate and convince people to drop the religions.
post #36 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-07-13, 09:46 PM

Chaplain-Grimaldus's Flag is: England

I would love to see you "embrace" your new World Eater overlord haha. I would laugh until I was choking on your airborne organs.

W-L-D
Dark Angels 5th Coy 1.5k - 0-0-0
Vampire Counts 1k - 1-1-0
post #37 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-08-13, 12:46 AM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over Two Meters Tall! View Post
Capitulation would happen over the weekend.
Just hold it right there mr!
The weekend is my own free time and I won't have anybody, and I mean anybody interrupting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #38 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-08-13, 12:54 AM

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

Jezlad would be named primarch and he would have gotten daddies smart ass gene.
post #39 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-13-13, 01:19 AM

In regards to how much of an issue our Earth's myriad religions would pose for our assimilation into the Imperium...Did the Imperium (other than the Word Bearers) physically persecute religious individuals during the Crusade (ie put someone to death for being religious)? Or did they simply 'ban' religion and foster a culture where being religious was seen as an extremely negative thing? Off the top of my head, I don't remember Oll Pious keeping his religious nature a secret, and it didn't seem like anyone gave him a real hard time about it (though I'm sure if he started proselytizing that might change)

"In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war, an eternity of slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods. I'm telling you man, this is a really shitty time to be alive." -Primarch Stan Wolkowski, Sons of Stan
post #40 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-13-13, 01:26 AM

Chaplain-Grimaldus's Flag is: England

Hey you never know, they could rock up and say that the scientilogists were right lol.

W-L-D
Dark Angels 5th Coy 1.5k - 0-0-0
Vampire Counts 1k - 1-1-0

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode