Loyalists in the Iron Warriors, Alpha Legion and Night Lords? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-01-13, 07:57 PM Thread Starter

Default Loyalists in the Iron Warriors, Alpha Legion and Night Lords?

Ok, I've not read/ heard anything like all the HH stories so I may just have missed this, but I was wondering what is known about the fate of any loyal elements in the IWs, AL or NLs...

We know all about Isstvan III, there is a mention of the purging of some loyalist elements of the Word Bearers in First Heretic, and the Thousand Sons are a bit of a special case, but I've not really seen anything about the other three traitor legions.

There was Warsmith Dantioch as a loyalist Iron Warrior, and who knows what is going on inside the Alpha Legion and what games are being played there, but there really hasn't been much about those three legions ridding themselves of those who would not turn. The Night Lords are such an unpleasant bunch that there probably weren't too many, but there must have been some, surely...

Are these stories that haven't been written yet, or have I just missed something?

"I will kill him. I will literally kill him. With my bare hands."

- Roboute Guilliman, Primarch, XIII Legion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-01-13, 08:46 PM

Over Two Meters Tall!'s Flag is: USA

I remember there being a HH Audio Drama about a ragtag fleet of loyalist escaping from their traitor legions and going to the Terran system. I've always thought they made up the pre-GK bunch found on Titan in the story "The Last Remembrancer."

The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you have to load, or if you have to unload, go to the White Zone. You'll love it... it's a way of life.

Nick Naylor: Cigarettes in space?
Jeff Megall: It's the final frontier, Nick.
Nick Naylor: But wouldn't they blow up in an all oxygen environment?
Jeff Megall: Probably. But it's an easy fix. One line of dialogue. 'Thank God we invented the... you know, whatever device.'
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-01-13, 09:12 PM

son of azurman's Flag is: Scotland

They were emperors children and world eaters from Garro sword of truth tall guy.well lord Tywin I've been thinking of this myself and I've been considering writing my own story about that cause as far as I know nothing has been said about it.heres my theories.

alpha legion
I remember hearing somewere the reason the twins turned. Apparently an eldar farseer told the primarch twins that if the imperium was destroyed then chaos would go with it but wile the imperium lived chaos lived and so as far as this is concerned if true then the entire legion probably followed faithfully believing it was for the great good (no tau'va shit I swear)

iron warriors
The iron warriors were tough and serious marines with brains like clockwork they would probably follow their primarch to the letter like automatons.however if they were honourable like Ultramarines or the fists then there would probably be a few who like Garro would try to warn terra before there ship was blasted to pieces.

Night lords
Being the homocidal maniacs they are I doubt that any remained loyal and even if they did then they were probably stripped of all war gear and let loose on the lower decks to be hunted by their battle brothers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
If an immovable object is struck by an unstoppable force, how many potatoes will fit in the jelly mould?
Renegades 9:flesh is weak
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=122389

Eldrad Ulthran:
"He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it."

inquisitor czevak:
"Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers, all of which are true and terrifying to know."

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-01-13, 09:39 PM

Ddraig Cymry's Flag is: USA

Night Lords hate everyone. They think the Imperium's stupid for worshiping a corpse and they think the other traitor's are stupid for losing their will to the dark gods. The only loyalty they really know is the fractured loyalty shared among their war-bands, and even that's running thin.

The Alpha Legion could very well be loyal, and acting out to draw the Imperium's attention to a certain area before it's too late.

Iron Warriors don't strike me as possibly loyal. They hate pretty much everyone after their primarch was never really loved as much as Dorn, which pissed them all off.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-02-13, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddraig Cymry View Post

Iron Warriors don't strike me as possibly loyal. They hate pretty much everyone after their primarch was never really loved as much as Dorn, which pissed them all off.
Short story Iron Within in Age of Darkness. Warsmith Dantioch and his men stand for the Emperor. At the end an Ultramarine convinces him to go to Terra to help prepare the defense of the palace.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-02-13, 09:32 AM

NarakuOtaku's Flag is: Mexico

although i never did read about the alpha legion yet (forgot which book this was all speculated about) i think i remember hearing that the alpha legion were told about the future and joining chaos was the only way to get close to chaos while destroying it, manipulating chaos to fall in on itself, being true servants of the emperor and not the imperium if that makes sense :o as for the iron warriors and night lords i havent read much or heard rumors on them yet u.u

heres something i found and saved a while back though since this is from the games it cant really be taken too literal:
"I believe there was a reason for the Alpha Legion's actions in Dow: Retribution. Abbadon had said that if kyras would have become a Daemon Prince, it would usurp him in the eyes of the Chaos Gods. Kyras, along with the help of the Alpha Legion, would have destroyed an entire chapter of space marines. He would've also damned an entire sector to oblivion. The gods would have favored him more than Abbadon (who has failed repeatedly ). Other warbands,or legions, would have flocked to the power that Kyras holds. Abbadon would have then fought Kyras, along with legions who remain loyal to him, to secure his position. Chaos would fight chaos; either weakening it or outright destroy it. The alpha legion would have orchestrated a civil war within what they planned to destroy in the first place. Just a theory though. Plus, we are never really given a true insight on why they were there."
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-02-13, 11:49 AM

Ddraig Cymry's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthak View Post
Short story Iron Within in Age of Darkness. Warsmith Dantioch and his men stand for the Emperor. At the end an Ultramarine convinces him to go to Terra to help prepare the defense of the palace.
I'm not that versed in the Black Library works I've really only read Soul Hunter, The Death of Antagonis, and Legion of the Damned.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-02-13, 12:28 PM
Bane of Empires

Child-of-the-Emperor's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarakuOtaku View Post
although i never did read about the alpha legion yet (forgot which book this was all speculated about) i think i remember hearing that the alpha legion were told about the future and joining chaos was the only way to get close to chaos while destroying it, manipulating chaos to fall in on itself, being true servants of the emperor and not the imperium if that makes sense :o as for the iron warriors and night lords i havent read much or heard rumors on them yet u.u

heres something i found and saved a while back though since this is from the games it cant really be taken too literal:
"I believe there was a reason for the Alpha Legion's actions in Dow: Retribution. Abbadon had said that if kyras would have become a Daemon Prince, it would usurp him in the eyes of the Chaos Gods. Kyras, along with the help of the Alpha Legion, would have destroyed an entire chapter of space marines. He would've also damned an entire sector to oblivion. The gods would have favored him more than Abbadon (who has failed repeatedly ). Other warbands,or legions, would have flocked to the power that Kyras holds. Abbadon would have then fought Kyras, along with legions who remain loyal to him, to secure his position. Chaos would fight chaos; either weakening it or outright destroy it. The alpha legion would have orchestrated a civil war within what they planned to destroy in the first place. Just a theory though. Plus, we are never really given a true insight on why they were there."
Regardless of the Alpha Legion's original intentions it is beyond doubt that most (if not all) of the remnants of the Legion are now Chaos Space Marines.

And there are so many holes in that theory you read that I'm not gonna say anything beyond it's a load of rubbish.

Also, wasn't it the Black Legion and not the Alpha Legion in DoW: Retribution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cegorach View Post
I do love how we don't even need CotE to comment anymore, chances are he has already said something intelligent before that can be re-applied to the current situation.
Heresy's Background FAQ. (Fluff Project)
CotE Reviews: Prospero Burns (HH Review), Age of Darkness (HH Review).

Last edited by Child-of-the-Emperor; 08-02-13 at 12:31 PM.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-02-13, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthak View Post
The smurf lead him to believe that his primarch was still loyal though.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-02-13, 05:21 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by locustgate View Post
The smurf lead him to believe that his primarch was still loyal though.
Nicodemus does no such thing, unless you are referring to Guillimans loyalty, which is much more complicated, and even then he requests that Dantioch go to Terra to help fortify the Palace, not go to Ultramar, so peoples views on Guillimans loyalty here is moot anyway.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode