An Idea... - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-13, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

Farseer Ulthris's Flag is: Great Britain

Default An Idea...

I was reading Path of the Seer ages ago, after reading the part pertaining the events surrounding Thiriana's parents when a thought came to me. If the death of an Eldar's life partner is devastating, then what would feel like if a life partner became trapped on the warrior path? What do you guys think?

When the sky falls down, The Dead sleep no more. Can you survive as your world slowly tears itself apart?

"When life gives you lemons...BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-13, 06:02 PM
Cruel Commissar

Beaviz81's Flag is: Norway

Then they go on blind dates and single-Eldars.com looking for dates and doesn't give up until they find one.

My story about the commissars Zachary Carrus and Michelle Ionza and their life and crimes https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=123690
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-13, 10:09 PM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

I imagine that'd be worse than them dying actually. They are there but not if you know what I mean, the betrayal of having them choose a path over love would be pretty hard to bear, could even send the none trapped party down a similar path.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-13, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobite View Post
I imagine that'd be worse than them dying actually. They are there but not if you know what I mean, the betrayal of having them choose a path over love would be pretty hard to bear, could even send the none trapped party down a similar path.
Um....can someone explain what it means for an eldar to be trapped on a path, all I know is they choose 'paths' for x years then choose another and so on, also that the aspect warriors=a specific path.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-30-13, 11:37 PM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

If they stay on the path too long they can never leave it, that's when they become Exarchs (at least that's my knowledge, could be wrong).
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-31-13, 10:48 AM
Feed

Quote:
Originally Posted by locustgate View Post
Um....can someone explain what it means for an eldar to be trapped on a path, all I know is they choose 'paths' for x years then choose another and so on, also that the aspect warriors=a specific path.
An exarch is a warrior who has become trapped on the warrior path. A farseer is one who is trapped on the witch path. And so on.

As I understand it, an eldar is capable of overcoming grief such as this, but it requires devotion to something else entirely. If the grief is attached to a time during a particular path, then the eldar in question will most likely abandon that path and begin another in order to separate that part of themselves from their current mindset. The memories are still there for the most part, but they become a far less prominent factor in the eldar's life.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-01-13, 03:54 PM

Gromrir Silverblade's Flag is: United Kingdom

Once Eldar have experienced all paths what happens then? Or do they all just end up becomming an "Exarch" of a particular path whatever it may be?

It is said that the guttural sound of Dwarfs bellowing Grungni’s name is enough to make an Elf’s knees knock and a Goblin turn a sickly shade of yellow!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-01-13, 06:12 PM

It takes a long time to walk a path and some paths can be walked somewhat indefinitely so it is very unlikely that an Eldar will complete all the paths (they`re not really supposed to anyway). But there`s nothing (AFAIK) preventing you from going back and walking a path you`ve already walked beyond a potentially increased chance of becoming trapped on it.

"Look into my eyes, and see your death."
"Let them hate, so long as they fear."
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-01-13, 10:09 PM
Lux

Is there an official name for an Eldar that has walked all path?
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-01-13, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
Is there an official name for an Eldar that has walked all path?
"Bastard with to much time"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode