What squicks you out the most about Warhammer 40.000? - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-31-13, 09:33 AM

chromedog's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
I think many of you are forgetting that your not GWs target age group and some of you havent been for quite some time
I don't think I was EVER part of the GW/40k demographic, to be honest.

I know I sure as hell am not part of it now. I'm about 30 years too late for that.

GW was never my "gateway".
GW was never my "only" gaming experience, nor was it ever an exclusive arrangement.
I started playing 40k when I was 19. I stopped for a few years in my mid 20s and then got back in for about 8-9 years in my late 20s. This time period was also way outside the demographic for the game.

Hey! Where'd ... Everybody ... go?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-31-13, 10:34 AM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
I think many of you are forgetting that your not GWs target age group and some of you havent been for quite some time,
The annual report from GW seems to disagree with you on that one by the way.

Taken from the post at: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=127410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairmans preamble View Post
Won’t all your customers move on to computer games instead? (They didn’t; most of our current customers weren’t born when the Atari ST came out.)
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-31-13, 07:01 PM Thread Starter
Cruel Commissar

Beaviz81's Flag is: Norway

Well 40k. tries to pander to everyone (just look at the Tau blatant pandering to Asian stuff). And I think they do that well. I mean they know who their main buyers are that's the group 12-20 male.

My story about the commissars Zachary Carrus and Michelle Ionza and their life and crimes https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=123690

post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-03-13, 12:21 AM

I'm honestly glad that 40k isn't any more depressing. I don't want to read 'Game of Thrones in Space' (although it'd be interesting if Martin wrote for the HH, if only to find out that Horus and Sanguinius were secretly lovers the ENTIRE TIME) I like how the whole series gives you the feel of the Imperium constantly in the midst of a 10,000 year long last stand. Lots of heroism and bravery, surrounded by constant lost and a general sense of inevitable doom.

I often find myself wondering how on Earth they'll ever wrap the story up. No business will last forever, and some day in the grimdark of the far, far future GW will have to close up shop. Will they tell the end of the story before then? Or will there be some kind of apocalyptic intellectual property rights battle that prevents anyone from ever letting us know what the effing Hell was in that book on Mars in 'Mechanicum?'

"In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war, an eternity of slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods. I'm telling you man, this is a really shitty time to be alive." -Primarch Stan Wolkowski, Sons of Stan
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-03-13, 07:44 AM

Apostle's Flag is: Ireland

SonOfStan, on your last point I completely agree, if GW and their BL writing team are successful we will all be twenty years older before they finish the Heresy. As I business owner I understand lasting as long as you can. However I know if for some reason GW starts having financial issues they will fly through the series to make more money. That's how nearly all companies work. Sadly the final battle of Terra is years and years away, I would bet thousands on that.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode