Horus's long term plan. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-07-13, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

Default Horus's long term plan.

I was wondering how horus would be able to overcome the fact that if the Emperor died, the warp would become even more unstable and impossible to traverse, not only because of the lack of the astronomican, but because he actively fights against incursions into real-space.
How would he overcome this problem? what's the point of having the galaxy, when you cant even move from one area to another?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-07-13, 11:04 AM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost&Damned View Post
I was wondering how horus would be able to overcome the fact that if the Emperor died, the warp would become even more unstable and impossible to traverse, not only because of the lack of the astronomican, but because he actively fights against incursions into real-space.
How would he overcome this problem? what's the point of having the galaxy, when you cant even move from one area to another?
The Chaos Gods would have ensured smooth travel through the warp for Horus' ships

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-07-13, 11:20 AM
Cruel Commissar

Beaviz81's Flag is: Norway

Engulfing everything in the EOT pure and simple, jsut like his heir Abbaddon has tried and failed in doing for the past 10k years.

My story about the commissars Zachary Carrus and Michelle Ionza and their life and crimes https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=123690

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-07-13, 12:12 PM
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

warsmith7752's Flag is: United Kingdom

Do i look like a guy with a plan?

current win rates;
csm 3/1/1
daemons 1/0/0
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-07-13, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaviz81 View Post
Engulfing everything in the EOT pure and simple, jsut like his heir Abbaddon has tried and failed in doing for the past 10k years.
i dont think horus is even aware of the EoT, and if he is, i dont think he cares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
The Chaos Gods would have ensured smooth travel through the warp for Horus' ships
i dont see why they would, after they held the galaxy why would they care?
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-07-13, 03:25 PM

Quote:
It's not impossible to navigate with out the Astronomicon if you know what you're doing and have the guts and talent to do it. The Night Lords trilogy repeatedly refers to the ship being navigated through the 'darkness' that is the absence of the Astronomicon. While this is shown to be hard on the ship it is also shown to become less damaging the more familiar with, and less resistant to, the idea the navigator becomes. With Chaos' guidance and sorcerer's experienced in the act it should be no more challenging for Horus' ships to navigate than the current Imperium.

Additionally there is the possibility of creating a second Astronomicon either through making Horus into a new beacon (it appears that the Astronomicon is 'merely' the Emperor's soul light and can be suitibly powered by enough lesser souls that it could be possible to empower Horus enough to make this possible) or through whatever means Guilliman created one.

Also, why would Horus be actively fighting incursions into real-space? While daemonic incursions are probably bad for the long term stability of his regime they aren't necessarily that damaging, after all human societies are able to co-exist with daemons in the Eye.

"Look into my eyes, and see your death."
"Let them hate, so long as they fear."
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-07-13, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

Thanks MEQ, cleared it up.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-07-13, 04:56 PM
Cruel Commissar

Beaviz81's Flag is: Norway

The EOT Horus had knowledge about, or Abaddon was holding back on him. And I swear I mean I have read that the goal of both Horus and Abaddon is to get on the Golden Throne and expand the EOT past Terra, I just can't for the love of God remember where I read it.

My story about the commissars Zachary Carrus and Michelle Ionza and their life and crimes https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=123690
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-07-13, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Thanks MEQ, cleared it up.
No problem, happy to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaviz81 View Post
The EOT Horus had knowledge about, or Abaddon was holding back on him. And I swear I mean I have read that the goal of both Horus and Abaddon is to get on the Golden Throne and expand the EOT past Terra, I just can't for the love of God remember where I read it.
The Eye isn't very well known in the Heresy ear. Lorgar is the first to discover it, mere years before the Heresy explodes, and it isn't even named until Perturabo does so after the Heresy has begun. While Horus may well have known about the Eye is wasn't very important to him or his plans. Abaddon has changed much about the Legion since Horus' death, changing the plan (and I have also read about that, I think it was maybe in the Eye of Terror codex or something similar) is merely one of them.

"Look into my eyes, and see your death."
"Let them hate, so long as they fear."
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-07-13, 07:52 PM
Bane of Empires

Child-of-the-Emperor's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
The Chaos Gods forced the warp into turbulence during the Heresy to hinder Imperial communication and travel, whilst aiding rebel forces. As far as Horus was concerned, perhaps he thought his allies in the warp would continue to aid his forces after the death of the Emperor. Or he may have intended to replace the Astronomican. And as MEQ said, there are other methods of effectively traversing the warp.

Horus (seemingly) forged many daemonic pacts throughout the Heresy, perhaps he was actually powerful enough to create and maintain an alternative himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cegorach View Post
I do love how we don't even need CotE to comment anymore, chances are he has already said something intelligent before that can be re-applied to the current situation.
Heresy's Background FAQ. (Fluff Project)
CotE Reviews: Prospero Burns (HH Review), Age of Darkness (HH Review).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode