The Dark Angels and their Fear - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 120 (permalink) Old 06-05-13, 06:45 PM
HOGGLORD's Flag is: United Kingdom

Location: That place, you know. That place you went to that one time, surely you remember?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaviz81 View Post
I was certain I read it somewhere, and would be fun if the Dark Angels suck that bad at security.
I think I read that too, but DA security's great, they infrequently have a chaplin wander past and check through the window to make sure he's still babbling and insane in the corner of his room. But to make sure there are no security breaches, about twenty Dark Angels know he's there at any one time. So, minimal security, no one would recognise him if he escaped and they are leaving a mentaly unstable genetically engineered super human who tried to kill their primarch chill out next door to said primarch whilst he's taking a nice nap.

Slightly off point, but wouldn't all the primarchs in stasis or who wandered off into nowhere land get the surprise of their lives when they woke up/got home. I mean for starters, the emperor's definately a god now, but he's also dead, so be careful around that touchy subject. We've been doing OK without you, as Matt Ward made sure that a couple of Grey Knights (we'll fill you in later) easily outstrip any of your feats without breaking sweat. Psykers are OK now, but we still have dudes wandering around purging them for good measure. Have fun piecing all this together.

Don't worry though sir, not everything's changed. You remember Angron, Fulgrim, Mortarion, Perturbo and Lorgar? They're still around, but they're ultra powerful daemon entities chilling in the warp right now.

Oh, P.S. your awesome, huge legions have been split into many tiny little chapters and we ran out of gene-seed whilst you were gone, you could have picked some spare ones up with the milk. (Only one or two would need this heads up) and Abbadon's still around, he's the one of the only ones with a force the size of the old legions, but he's bent on the complete destruction of the imperium right now, so we can't ask him for help.

and P.S.S. look up Tau, 'nids and necrons, welcome back sir .

Last edited by HOGGLORD; 06-05-13 at 06:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 120 (permalink) Old 06-05-13, 08:06 PM
Cruel Commissar

Beaviz81's Flag is: Norway

Hahaha. I still like it. I mean that's pretty much Deathstar-security, with a twist. We will bury the Primarch in the heart of our keep which can treat Eldar fleets as target-practice, even the Necrons have no chance against it, then in the cell next to the sleeping Primarch we have Luther who once tried to kill him. Do you think any have thought of bringing him into the same room as the Primarch to see if the Primarch wakes up. And I thought only the Chapter Master knew. That would be a pretty big hole in their security, and how is new Chapter Masters learned of it? Shown by the Watchers of the Deep?

At least compared to the Ultramarines or the Space Wolves the Dark Angels are relatively gathered, and the Chapter Master can notify the High Lords whenever he thinks his new chapter. So his shock would be not so great as the shock of f.ex. Sanguinius, Vulkan, Corax, Guilliman, Mannus and Dorn but I still think he could have a great Primarch-heartattack? I mean I have read fluff where Primarches have been killed stupidly including that Guilliman should have been devoured by the Tyranids, but they retconned that on the spot in a WD.

My story about the commissars Zachary Carrus and Michelle Ionza and their life and crimes https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=123690
post #23 of 120 (permalink) Old 06-05-13, 08:38 PM
Lux

When Dorn returns, things will be interesting.

post #24 of 120 (permalink) Old 06-05-13, 08:48 PM

gothik's Flag is: United Kingdom

not unless the Emperor wakes up (not going to happen this side of the eye) and suddenly does a paul daniels or sooty "Izzy whizzy lets get busy" and hey presto all DEAD Primarchs are miraculously returned to life.

Gulliman - DEAD
The Lion Sleeping
Russ Unknown
Corax unknown
Vulkan unknown
Khan unknown
The Twins Unknown
Horus DEAD
Ferrus DEAD
Curze DEAD
Angron Deamon
Fulgrim Deamon
Mortarion Deamon
Perturabo Deamon
Lorgar Deamon
Sanguinius DEAD
and Dorn...lemme think now ,,,, um,,,errrrr,,,DEAD, DECEASED, Hes bleeding singing with the Feords....DEAD DEAD DEAD DEAD...and just for good measure DEAD,
post #25 of 120 (permalink) Old 06-05-13, 08:53 PM Thread Starter

Malus Darkblade's Flag is: Kuwait

Guilliman is technically still alive and it has never been implied that the missing primarchs are twins.

We don't know how Dorn died other than something about a thousand screaming voices so I'd like to think he pulled a Corax despite what has been stated and despite losing a hand. Apparently there is a fluff inconsistency regarding his death as well.

Last edited by Malus Darkblade; 06-05-13 at 08:55 PM.
post #26 of 120 (permalink) Old 06-05-13, 08:55 PM

gothik's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malus Darkblade View Post
Guilliman is technically still alive and it has never been implied that the missing primarchs are twins.
i was referring to the alpha legion and even though Gulliman is in stasis, from my understanding he is still dead, just the stasis chamber is holding off the decay of death. No one knows if Alpharius and Omeagon are alive dead or something else entirely..
post #27 of 120 (permalink) Old 06-05-13, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

Malus Darkblade's Flag is: Kuwait

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothik View Post
i was referring to the alpha legion and even though Gulliman is in stasis, from my understanding he is still dead, just the stasis chamber is holding off the decay of death. No one knows if Alpharius and Omeagon are alive dead or something else entirely..
My bad, I thought I saw Alpharius in the list.

The naysayers say Gully is dead. The rest say he's a heartbeat away from death.

I'm of the opinion that given time out of stasis, his primarch physiology would recover from his wound.
post #28 of 120 (permalink) Old 06-05-13, 09:03 PM
Cruel Commissar

Beaviz81's Flag is: Norway

I'm not of that opinion, but it proves if you likes the Ultras or not. That simple thingy, it just boils down to that.

My story about the commissars Zachary Carrus and Michelle Ionza and their life and crimes https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=123690
post #29 of 120 (permalink) Old 06-05-13, 09:15 PM
Lux

Dorn being dead or not dead is up for opinion, the newest sourcse regarding Dorn states two things.

1) Dorn would be dragged down beneath a sea of a thousand screaming voices and hands (Curze's vision of his brothers upon meeting them)
2) After the assault aboard the bridge of the chaos ship they found an escape pod with Dorn's full battle armor, his wargear, and one of his skeletal fist. Nothing else.

The novel "Space marine" of ian wattson is older, for the most part is non-canon. As many of the elements in it have been removed from the 40k mythos entirely, such as squats, zoats, etc.

So tell me, why is it you believe Dorn is "dead" and not simply missing as most of the others are?

P.S. I also am of those that believe Gullieman is alive within stasis and if removed would survive, or has been healing.

Last edited by Lux; 06-05-13 at 09:21 PM.
post #30 of 120 (permalink) Old 06-05-13, 09:15 PM
Spanner in the works...

spanner94ezekiel's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malus Darkblade View Post
I'm of the opinion that given time out of stasis, his primarch physiology would recover from his wound.
Which would beg the question "then why not just break the stasis field?"

To me, Guilleman is like Schrodinger's Cat - completely fucked.

The Black Typhoons | Dark Angels 3rd Company | Tharrus Draw's Warband | Dark Angels' Corner | Codices: Marvel Heroes and Marvel Villains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Spanner's got some great advice as well... Listen to that wise man.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode