Defeating the Nids - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-16-13, 10:54 PM Thread Starter
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH

Battman's Flag is: Australia

Default Defeating the Nids

Was just now pondering how would the nids be stopped, their relentless encroachment towards the astronimican, eating anything and anyone in their way. Was thinking of some ways to stop this eventual end. Was thinking of three main ideas which could be used togeather the best effectiveness.

1st throw Necrons at them, they have near to no body mass apart from those creepy flesh wearing ones so nids starve. How this would work? Inquisitor Kyrptman managed to lure a hive fleet into an ork empire but this give the nids flesh to grow and orks the war to become larger and stronger, so not a good idea because the eventual victor will be extreamly powerfull.

2nd simmilar to the above idea but not relying on Xenos, get the mechanicus to crank out skititari the more metal the better, and send these anlong with more mechanical soilders and weapons. To kill the nids while also denying them food.

3rd life eater viruses!!its ment to be in short suppy so get more much as possible, bomb planets already lost to the nids, deatroy all life starve the buggers. Shoot the hive ships with them destroy for their imputence.

And for the ultimet idea give a necron tomb world a kick wih the iron boot of the skitiari, stir them up like the metal ants they are, depoly virus bombs to kill the nids and use the skitari and necrons to clean up the rest. No more nids no the imperum can consentrate on other threats.

What are the thoughts? anyone got any better ideas?

Da Golden Waaagh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlestix View Post
Dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka BATORK!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-16-13, 11:07 PM

Ddraig Cymry's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battman View Post
1st throw Necrons at them, they have near to no body mass apart from those creepy flesh wearing ones so nids starve. How this would work? Inquisitor Kyrptman managed to lure a hive fleet into an ork empire but this give the nids flesh to grow and orks the war to become larger and stronger, so not a good idea because the eventual victor will be extreamly powerfull.
I feel like the Necrons would know what's up, so I doubt we could trick them. They might be coerced to fight them but they also could say that they'll survive without organic help.

Quote:
2nd simmilar to the above idea but not relying on Xenos, get the mechanicus to crank out skititari the more metal the better, and send these anlong with more mechanical soilders and weapons. To kill the nids while also denying them food.
The Mechanicus used to have whole legions of Iron Men, who were sentient/semi-sentient robots. After a revolt they were classified as heretical and destroyed. Some are thought to still remain. Skitarri are still somewhat human, and therefore have organic parts, same with all Mecanicus servants to my knowledge.

Quote:
3rd life eater viruses!!its ment to be in short suppy so get more much as possible, bomb planets already lost to the nids, deatroy all life starve the buggers. Shoot the hive ships with them destroy for their imputence.
This could work, but the Tyranids could/would adapt to it, and make it so it doesn't have an effect on them.

I have no suggestions for this, but these are actually pretty good ideas.
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-16-13, 11:09 PM
Cruel Commissar

Beaviz81's Flag is: Norway

The thing is that the Nids seems to be just a nasty and very fleet of bugs. They are specially engineered to take on mankind's weaknesses, but they ain't very good at fighting anyone else as orks tends to hate families, Eldars will notice them as something that disturbs them, the Dark Eldar will visit their local dentist I meant Hamenculus for removal of the trait, and the fact the Genestealer-thingy more than likely would pop up at any blood-test done to anything.

post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-17-13, 12:31 AM

Humans can detect the genestealer taint they just have to care to look for it.

The problem with nids is that the imperium doesn't care there's so many slums and dark corners that cults can spring anywhere.

To me the only way to defeat the nids is if all races ally as one. There's no other way.
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-17-13, 12:46 AM

LukeValantine's Flag is: Canada

My solution to the nid problem involves figuring out the psychic wavelength given off my genestealer cults. Then Plant beacons that give off this psychic field on a bunch of dead worlds near a unstable star, and when the hive fleets enter the system cause the sun to go super nova. Set up 10-23 of these traps at the same time and bam countless trillions of nids flash baked into ash. Sure it may not permanently destroy the nid threat, but I bet losing multiple hive fleets in a single 100 year span would defiantly buy the universe time and seriously shit kick the immediate threat by everyone's favorite space bugs.

Medusa: "I'm a witch, its my job to blaspheme against Gods."

Two Slaanesh daemons on the first go...hmm I guess the fates have spoken emperors children here I come
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-17-13, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeValantine View Post
My solution to the nid problem involves figuring out the psychic wavelength given off my genestealer cults. Then Plant beacons that give off this psychic field on a bunch of dead worlds near a unstable star, and when the hive fleets enter the system cause the sun to go super nova. Set up 10-23 of these traps at the same time and bam countless trillions of nids flash baked into ash. Sure it may not permanently destroy the nid threat, but I bet losing multiple hive fleets in a single 100 year span would defiantly buy the universe time and seriously shit kick the immediate threat by everyone's favorite space bugs.
And in that 100 years the Imperium forget about the nids.
post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-17-13, 01:45 AM

Ddraig Cymry's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by locustgate View Post
And in that 100 years the Imperium forget about the nids.
Ah humanity, 38,000 years in the future and you're still retarded.

Another thing to remember about the Tyranids is that Hive Tyrants are reborn every time they die, with their previous memories intact. So it's definitely not a stretch to say the bigger Hive Mind organisms on the hive ships would remember that certain beacons lead to stars that will go supernova, so I don't think that idea would work, unless ALL the Hive Mind organisms are wiped out in one sitting. The viral bomb idea faces similar difficulties with this. The Tyranids avoid Tomb-Worlds for the simple fact nothing is there for them to consume, not out of fear of the Necrons.
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-17-13, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddraig Cymry View Post
Ah humanity, 38,000 years in the future and you're still retarded.

Another thing to remember about the Tyranids is that Hive Tyrants are reborn every time they die, with their previous memories intact. So it's definitely not a stretch to say the bigger Hive Mind organisms on the hive ships would remember that certain beacons lead to stars that will go supernova, so I don't think that idea would work, unless ALL the Hive Mind organisms are wiped out in one sitting. The viral bomb idea faces similar difficulties with this. The Tyranids avoid Tomb-Worlds for the simple fact nothing is there for them to consume, not out of fear of the Necrons.
Stupidity is a human genetic flaw, it seems the memory span is at least 2 years, but may very depending on location though. Certain areas, i.e. AZ, seems more around 1 year, TN more around 2 years.

If the Imp want's to eliminate the nids they have to find a way to wipe all nids out in 1 strike, or the hive mind.
post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-17-13, 07:51 AM

jd579's Flag is: United Kingdom

I thought about luring them into the eye of terror, plenty for the nids to eat, and it wouls solve 2 of the Imperiums problems
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-17-13, 08:27 AM
Facts + Reason = Win

Bubblematrix's Flag is: United Kingdom

All turn to chaos, doubles the number against the nids and adds some daemon action to the mix, not sure if the nids even care about the warp or eat chaos things for food - if they don't then there is a solution.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode