Spartan II's VS space marines? - Page 6 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

View Poll Results: Who would win? Spartan or space marines? In general
Spartans 6 13.64%
Space marines 38 86.36%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-08-13, 10:44 PM
Spanner in the works...

spanner94ezekiel's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
paradigms.

SOUND THE ALARMS! HE SAID 'PARADIGMS'!

Reminds me of the phrase "would you kindly" from Bioshock. I think that's Lux's trigger word...

The Black Typhoons | Dark Angels 3rd Company | Tharrus Draw's Warband | Dark Angels' Corner | Codices: Marvel Heroes and Marvel Villains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Spanner's got some great advice as well... Listen to that wise man.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-30-13, 04:53 PM

Ok to the people who are siding with halo are you insane

Point 1: I have a best friend who knows everything there is to know about halo and I myself know what there is to know about 40k and we talk about this frequently. He agrees space marines will win

Reason 1 first we talk the biology/augmentation system now a Spartan is taken a as a child and trained to a be deadly weapon for years and get augmentations am I right? So they are still mortals yes?( I don't mean anything by that) Now when initiates are pick it depends on each chapter for example fenris for the final test you have to with stand the night of fenris alone with nothing at all really and have to make it back to the fang now do you think that a spartan with out armor could do that cause the people who choose Spartans make it no offense or anything sound like a spartan can do anything in its armor so in my point of view they are nothing unless they have their armor. Now when a initiate passes the final test they get their whole fuckin biology system changed. Some can even spit acid

Reason 2
Armor and weapons who ever said halo weapons are far stronger then 40k ......
Do you know why it's called 40k cause its the fecking 41st millennium 40,000 years further then halo so do I need say any more

Reason 3

I for one even think imperial guard can beat Spartans you wanna know why one word....... baneblade

Last edited by Troll king; 05-30-13 at 04:56 PM.
post #53 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-30-13, 07:12 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

But Baneblades only weigh 23540923450923847 tons, they're smaller thatn an Elephant, and they can be easily flipped.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

post #54 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-30-13, 07:27 PM
Lux

Spartans would be moving faster than Space Marines could visually track, then the Spartans would be grabbing the bane blades and be using them as melee weapons against the Astartes.

This really is not much of a comparison, Spartans take this hands down.
post #55 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-30-13, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Spartans would be moving faster than Space Marines could visually track,
Yeah... Spartans are no where near that fast, very few things are. Spartans are only slightly faster than an average human in armour, Space Marines can move faster than that and can certainly visually track faster than that.

"Look into my eyes, and see your death."
"Let them hate, so long as they fear."
post #56 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-30-13, 08:41 PM
Lux

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEQinc View Post
Yeah... Spartans are no where near that fast, very few things are. Spartans are only slightly faster than an average human in armour, Space Marines can move faster than that and can certainly visually track faster than that.
Your knowledge on Spartans is apparently lacking, Spartans are vastly faster then humans...there is no comparison. They are faster than elites, Spartans are able to out run high speed vehicles while in armor. Furthermore they are able to outfight Elites in hand to hand combat, of which Elites movement speed is faster then what normal humans can perceive.

The spartans would in all likelihood would pick up the enemy baneblades, thunderhawks and start wielding them as melee weapons against the astartes,
post #57 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-30-13, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Your knowledge on Spartans is apparently lacking,
My knowledge comes from the games. Master Chief is slightly faster than accompanying humans and notably slower than warthogs. If you want to sight sources for "move so fast you literally can't see them" feel free. That would be standard practice for most people but unfortunately not you.

Quote:
Spartans are able to out run high speed vehicles while in armor.
And yet routinely ride in these vehicles (which notably renders them unable to use a weapon properly). If a Spartan was faster than a warthog surely they wouldn't use them? Warthogs don't even provide the benefit of added protection (like rhino's do) so there would be literally no point in riding in one if the Spartans were as fast as you claim.

Quote:
Furthermore they are able to outfight Elites in hand to hand combat, of which Elites movement speed is faster then what normal humans can perceive.
And yet humans fought the Elites. If the Elites were as fast as you claim (not that you'll provide evidence for this claim) than humans would've been almost completely powerless against them, which they weren't.

Quote:
The spartans would in all likelihood would pick up the enemy baneblades, thunderhawks and start wielding them as melee weapons against the astartes,
And we have troll.

"Look into my eyes, and see your death."
"Let them hate, so long as they fear."
post #58 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-30-13, 09:27 PM
Lux

Quote:
My knowledge comes from the games. Master Chief is slightly faster than accompanying humans and notably slower than warthogs. If you want to sight sources for "move so fast you literally can't see them" feel free. That would be standard practice for most people but unfortunately not you.

And yet routinely ride in these vehicles (which notably renders them unable to use a weapon properly). If a Spartan was faster than a warthog surely they wouldn't use them? Warthogs don't even provide the benefit of added protection (like rhino's do) so there would be literally no point in riding in one if the Spartans were as fast as you claim.

And yet humans fought the Elites. If the Elites were as fast as you claim (not that you'll provide evidence for this claim) than humans would've been almost completely powerless against them, which they weren't.

And we have troll.
It is not my fault in any way if your knowledge of the Halo Mythos is limited purely to the digital games, there is a plethora of licensed books on the series.

You state "And we have troll", yet it really is your lack of knowledge on the subject that is limiting our intellectual discussion of these great literary works.
post #59 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-30-13, 09:35 PM
Spanner in the works...

spanner94ezekiel's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
of these great literary works.

That's a good 'un.

The Black Typhoons | Dark Angels 3rd Company | Tharrus Draw's Warband | Dark Angels' Corner | Codices: Marvel Heroes and Marvel Villains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Spanner's got some great advice as well... Listen to that wise man.

post #60 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-30-13, 09:57 PM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Where as spartans being too fast for a space marine to track is a bunch of shit, in the books, they can indeed run much faster than normal humans. They are capable of running about 55 km/h outside of their armor with Kelly being able to run a little faster. Inside their armor, their movement speed is increased. Kelly's increased to 62 km/h. In a training exercise (where his life was put on the line because of a jackass admiral wanting to truly test out their abilities and hopefully kill him in the process), John was able to briefly run at 105 km/h but tore his achilles tendon because it wasn't able to endure the stress.

Being too fast for a space marine to track? Yeah, no. Being able to pick up a baneblade... Well, look earlier in the thread and you'll see me dispute claims of them being able to flip 72 ton tanks with ease simply because its a game mechanic that was introduced to make life for a player easier in MP games. After all, people flip their vehicles over all the time in MP. Wouldn't it be a bitch if you couldn't flip them back over and continue to use them? In the books, Master Chief has a bit of trouble simply flipping a warthog over.

Elites movements. Where as they do have faster movements than normal humans, Lux is just greatly (heavy, heavy emphasis on greatly) over exaggerating... again...

But then again, there is no reasoning with him. Simply can't be done.

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode