Staff of Power - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-03-13, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

SoL Berzerker's Flag is: USA

Default Staff of Power

Okay, there is a planet, and on this planet there is a staff, and this staff has the power to return one person to life and in full health. Every leader of every army is sent a nice little postcard telling them about the staff and about it's powers. Every army then decides "Hey, we could bring our super-duper fluff buffed character back from the dead!" Then every race sends a massive army to the planet to claim their prize. However, every army reaches the planet at the exact same time.

Since Tyranids couldn't read the postcard they had a massive army there just by chance, and instead of wanting the staff they want the genes of some super-organism native to that planet.

All of the armies want the staff/super-organism, so they will not use any weapons or tactics that would have the potential to misfire and destroy the planet.

Which army would win out and claim their prize?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-03-13, 10:31 PM
hailene's Flag is: USA

Assuming the planet was somehow easily accessible to everyone, and no intra-faction infighting occurred...

I think the Necrons would take the cake. They can't really be beaten in space, and their ground forces are nearly limitless. The Orks would also be remarkably able to fight a long campaign, but they have the horrible tendency of throwing their leaders on the front line. Eventually the Warlord will be killed and then the whole house of cards falls down.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-03-13, 10:33 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

The armies of the Imperium win! The Imperial Guard, Spacemarines, Sisters of Battle, Inquisition win the battle for the staff, then turn on each other!

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-03-13, 10:47 PM

The Tyranids win because they will directly go for something all others are ignoring.
Eldar will use trickery to obtain the staff and get out.

Orks will rush in and brawl with evryone else without accomplishing much.
Tau will hang back waiting for a chance

The imperium will be butting heads with eachothers till they find out the staff is gone after which the Inqisition will likely pull of an exterminatus, marines getting of fast and the guardsman dying by the milions as per usual.

Necrons beat whatever is left and blast the space fleets that haven't escaped. ( which will thenn likely again destroy the tyranid fleet )
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-03-13, 10:57 PM

Rems's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailene View Post
Assuming the planet was somehow easily accessible to everyone, and no intra-faction infighting occurred...

I think the Necrons would take the cake. They can't really be beaten in space, and their ground forces are nearly limitless. The Orks would also be remarkably able to fight a long campaign, but they have the horrible tendency of throwing their leaders on the front line. Eventually the Warlord will be killed and then the whole house of cards falls down.
The Necrons have been beaten in space, Helbrecht for example defeated the Stormlord in a naval battle.

@op you'd have to be more specific.

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-03-13, 11:30 PM

Wait....how could the Orks read it?
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-03-13, 11:42 PM

Calistrasza's Flag is: Canada

I think it'd really come down to "If I can't have it, NO ONE CAN" by every single race ever, and there'd be a minor space battle, then Exterminatus/plasma barrage/gauss arc barrage/lance barrage/Mother Nature Destroyer/etc from orbit.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-04-13, 01:14 AM Thread Starter

SoL Berzerker's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calistrasza View Post
I think it'd really come down to "If I can't have it, NO ONE CAN" by every single race ever, and there'd be a minor space battle, then Exterminatus/plasma barrage/gauss arc barrage/lance barrage/Mother Nature Destroyer/etc from orbit.
Exactly why I mentioned the fact that every race will avoid using weapons that will destroy the planet.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-04-13, 01:25 AM

DivineEdge's Flag is: USA

The tyranids. But who are they going to bring back?

In one corner, we have the forces of all of the 40k universe.

In the other, space bugs, led by JACK BAUER.

Yep - that is how it is gonna go.

Cue badass jokes now:

The emperor didn't almost die in his fight with Horus. He won in 5 seconds flat. He's hiding in the golden throne because jack bauer is coming for him.

And why they didn't choose chuck norris:

Chuck Norris used to send a picture of himself to the IRS every year on April 15 - and never paid a dime in taxes. One year, the IRS sent Norris a picture of Jack Bauer. He pled guilty to multiple counts of tax evasion.

I could make more (I will post more later), or we all could. But in all seriousness the imperium would waste it. The eldar/dark eldar would figure out some screwy way to steal it and replace it with an armageddon weapon.

Jack Bauer would bring back khorne, strangle him with a cell phone, and then shave with his axe.

Edits begin now:

Jack Bauer can use the staff of power as many times as he wants. He brought back Nina. And killed her. And brought her back again.

My tactics articles, if you need help making a new army, or beating one:

High Elves - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=112437

Tyranids - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=118886

New Warriors of Chaos - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...=1#post1336092

I have a new theory in life - for everything - from ethics to legal cases - it is called pre-emptive self defense.

Last edited by DivineEdge; 04-04-13 at 01:45 AM.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-04-13, 01:48 AM
hailene's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rems View Post
The Necrons have been beaten in space, Helbrecht for example defeated the Stormlord in a naval battle.
It's difficult to discern the specifics of the fight. The Stormlord's ship was en route to a destination. Perhaps most of the Necrons were hibernating?

Also the exact size of the Black Templar's fleet isn't specified nor is the Necron's fleet.

But you're right. They can and have been beat in space. I'll amend what I said.

In any sort of equal parity, the Necrons would wipe the floor with anyone.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode