How different would the characters of the Primarchs be if they were never lost? - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-01-13, 06:51 AM
Craw-Daddy

Be the same. The lost primarch stuff makes me go wow for like 3 seconds. But really... don't care anymore. The problem is the story line has already been established by previous lore. Unless they are going to change it somehow... the lost primarchs would ruin the Heresy's image with corny attempts to make stuff "new" and "more appealing" to new fans. But thats just my view. I'm sure that there are many that will say "it works" if that ever happened though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-04-13, 06:45 PM

Over Two Meters Tall!'s Flag is: USA

I think a few pronounced differences would be the greater overall level of achievement for each Primarch, as they would be competing against and learning from each other from the start. Curze, Lorgar, and Perturabo would have Magnus around to explore their stronger inherint psychic abilities, without seating them in religion or nightmares. Russ, Angron and Sanguinius would be sparring with each other from the start, driving their fighting skills to even freakishly higher levels of performance... if that's possible. Or the strategic competitions between Horus, Guillamin, the Lion, and the Kahn from day one... the GC would have been finished in about half the time. Alpharius, Omegon, and Corax all have Malcador to learn intelligence gathering and duplicity from first-hand. Add to this all the resources and history available through Mother Terra and the Emperor. Quite scary and I can see why Chaos absolutely needed to scatter them to the four winds, as it greatly weakened the entire gestalt of the Primarch Project and each of the individual primarchs in turn.

I also think the differences between each would be far less pronounced, as each would have more of an equal to compete against and learn from, minimizing their differences in ability and raising them all to higher levels as I mentioned above. The early Primarch stories each share the common factor of the Primarch oustripping their entire environment within a few years, both physically and mentally, and essentially only having themselves to learn from. Not to mention the Emperor had prepared individual Primarch-sized apartments for each under the Himalays with furnishings that actually fit their size! Hell, Russ and Mortarion would probably have learned to shower.

The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you have to load, or if you have to unload, go to the White Zone. You'll love it... it's a way of life.

Nick Naylor: Cigarettes in space?
Jeff Megall: It's the final frontier, Nick.
Nick Naylor: But wouldn't they blow up in an all oxygen environment?
Jeff Megall: Probably. But it's an easy fix. One line of dialogue. 'Thank God we invented the... you know, whatever device.'
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-05-13, 03:06 PM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

It's impossible to know. All of the Primarchs personalities, styles, tactics and skills were developed from how they were brought up. As seen in Deliverance Lost, the Emperor did make some adjustments to each Primarchs code to perhaps enchance different traits, but their upbringing still played a monumental part in how they turned out. Whose to say Angron, Sanguinius or Horus would be so ferocious in close combat if they hadn't been brought up in gladiator pits, an irradiated death world and a planet of hive gangs respectively, not to mention it's very doubtful Sanguinius would have his wings(unless the Emperor altered his gene coding for just that, I doubt it though). Whose to say Alpharius and Omegon would have become the same masters of espionage and subterfuge they are, or if Omegon would have even existed.

So in answer to the question. Irrevocably so, to the point where they would all be pretty much unrecognisable with the possible exceptions of the likes of Magnus and Russ. Assuming Magnus still turned out to be the uber psyker he is. I say Russ, just because I imagine his loyalty would still be absolute and unquestioning because of the canine dna the Emperor introduced into his gene coding.

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-05-13, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
So in answer to the question. Irrevocably so, to the point where they would all be pretty much unrecognisable with the possible exceptions of the likes of Magnus and Russ. Assuming Magnus still turned out to be the uber psyker he is. I say Russ, just because I imagine his loyalty would still be absolute and unquestioning because of the canine dna the Emperor introduced into his gene coding.
Maybe the emperor would of taught Russ some more tricks, i.e. fetching titan legs.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode