Question regarding Yarrick - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-15-13, 02:59 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

The ork power claw is most likely an ork verzhun of an Imperial power fist and therefore based on Imperial tech and who says it has to be heavy, it could be made with nice super light super strong alloys. The Imperium is full contradictions and hypocrisies the Inquisition or the Mechanicus hardly care about Yarrick using a piece of crude tech as a weapon/war trophy/psychological weapon, so long as Yarrick fights for the Imperial cause they do not care unless his fame and ambition start making him think he is bigger than the Imperial cause, that is when I'd say the Inquisition would get nasty.

Lastly using an ork power claw to bitch slap orks is just tooooooooo coooooool

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-15-13, 03:09 PM
Brother Lucian's Flag is: Denmark

Plus Yarrick is only known for one thing, his defense of Armageddon. His rep completely overshadowed by the multiple sector spanning rep of his fellow commissar Ciaphas Cain, whom already is long involved with the games of the inquisition and a propanganda poster boy across multiple sectors.

And I must say I find Ciaphas Cain a much more nuanced and interesting character, unlike the traditional stonefaced commisar.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-15-13, 07:56 PM

Brother Subtle's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Lucian View Post
The old Yarrick model had a decidedly orkish power klaw as seen here:
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki...arrick_Old.jpg

Though the new version wouldnt seem out of place on an imperial combat servitor imo.
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki...b9/Yarrick.jpg
Though I do agree the new model does seem excessively loaded for a human of his' frame.
I think it just looks that way as its painted grey. Paint it red and yellow instead and it'd look much more orkish.

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-16-13, 12:41 PM

Hellados's Flag is: United Kingdom

A fair amount of Ork tech is stolen or robbed from other races, I've always thought that the claw was an ex imperial one or it was actually a claw given to him from the mechanicum like the eye he has.

It could equally be made out of all manor of xenos materials or he has been given a ton of parts and tech to enable him to lift it. I remember reading some other BL books where the guy had a prosthetic skeleton.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-16-13, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Lucian View Post
Plus Yarrick is only known for one thing, his defense of Armageddon. His rep completely overshadowed by the multiple sector spanning rep of his fellow commissar Ciaphas Cain, whom already is long involved with the games of the inquisition and a propanganda poster boy across multiple sectors.

And I must say I find Ciaphas Cain a much more nuanced and interesting character, unlike the traditional stonefaced commisar.
Not really astartes know perfectly well who yarrick is. Not to mention that the orks are well aware of yarrick. Orks have no rumors about cain shooting laser bolts from his eyes. Or the ability to punt gretchen into orbit.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode