Chapter Master vs Chapter Master - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 147 (permalink) Old 01-02-13, 08:12 AM
Bruva I am hit!

Protoss119's Flag is: USA

Well, the Blood Ravens Chapter Master, be it Kyras or Cap'n Gabe, could just steal everyone else's relics and then claim they were "gifted" to them...

Homebrew stuff for your viewing pleasure:
The Stormhunters Fluff/Crunch - Updated 10/07/13
The Rust Legion Fluff - Updated 5/19/13
Firaeveus Carron Rules - Updated 12/9/10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 147 (permalink) Old 01-02-13, 08:31 AM
Craw-Daddy

I'd say Dante or Grimnar.

Of course we could say Calgar, though Calgar's triumphs can be questioned, if Iron Warrior and The Chapter's Due have taught us anything.

Last edited by ckcrawford; 01-02-13 at 09:20 PM.
post #13 of 147 (permalink) Old 01-02-13, 09:24 AM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Grimnar. Logan has decapitated one Grand Master already, so I don't see Grey Knights being a huge issue. I mean, come on, the man teleported onto a Grey Knight ship and executed a Grand Master for breaking the law. Badass incarnate.

The Website kept telling me that my profile was only 80% complete without creating a signature. Ain't no website going to tell me I was a lazy shit, no sir.

post #14 of 147 (permalink) Old 01-02-13, 09:37 AM

Calagar unless Matt Ward gets fired. He seriously needs to get fired, before he writes another Space Marine codex where every chapter master kisses Dante's and Calagar's ass.

The thread question is a difficult one to answer but I'd say Grimnar and his war on Armagedon against 50000 Bezerkers was pretty badass. Grey knights only had to deal with the blood thirsters, Grimnar had to face both.

post #15 of 147 (permalink) Old 01-02-13, 10:30 AM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRU3 CHAOS View Post
Calagar unless Matt Ward gets fired. He seriously needs to get fired, before he writes another Space Marine codex where every chapter master kisses Dante's and Calagar's ass.
Where does it say that?
post #16 of 147 (permalink) Old 01-02-13, 10:36 AM
Spanner in the works...

spanner94ezekiel's Flag is: United Kingdom

Azrael?... I reckon he'd survive until near the end due to supreme tactical insight, but I would have to say that perhaps his hand to hand skills don't quite match that of Grimnar or Dante. That said, Dante's an old man - maybe his back would give in half way through.
I reckon the Minotaurs' Chapter Master would give a decent challenge also, but perhaps lacks the same status as some of the others.

The Black Typhoons | Dark Angels 3rd Company | Tharrus Draw's Warband | Dark Angels' Corner | Codices: Marvel Heroes and Marvel Villains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Spanner's got some great advice as well... Listen to that wise man.

post #17 of 147 (permalink) Old 01-02-13, 11:22 AM
Craw-Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie_Oz View Post
Where does it say that?
His deeds are written quite remarkably in the Space Marine Codex. Siege of Zalathras for example where he held a whole ork force at bay by himself, him apparently ripping a Daemon Prince and an Avatar of Khaine with his bare hands. As I said, its entirely possible that much of his records have been corrupted with lies.

Thats stuff that's been complained much before, and just the way it will be unless GW thinks another Chapter can attract other fans into the game. But to deny it is something else.

Last edited by ckcrawford; 01-05-13 at 12:27 AM.
post #18 of 147 (permalink) Old 01-02-13, 11:27 AM
Craw-Daddy

As a side note, I hope GW never kills off Dante. I always liked his fluff. I remember they killed of Chaplain Xavier for the Salamanders, since them, I know they are capable of killing off or producing anything.
post #19 of 147 (permalink) Old 01-02-13, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

I think we are all forgetting the exploits of draigo, firstly he spends every moment of his life in the warp without becoming corrupted, as a mere battle brother he banished M'kar the daemon prince, he slayed the bloodthirster Kar'voth, killed the six daemonettes of slaanesh, set fire to the gardens of grandfather nurgle, destroyed the domain of the lord of change m'kachan and finally he manages to carve the name of his predecessor into the daemon primarch mortarions heart. None of these r easy feats by any standards but to live for so many years in the warp and not be corrupted in any way shows fortitude above the rest of the chapter masters.
post #20 of 147 (permalink) Old 01-02-13, 12:10 PM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckcrawford View Post
His deeds are written quite remarkably in the Space Marine Codex. Siege of Zalathras for example where he held a whole ork force at bay by himself, him apparently ripping a Daemon Prince and an Avatar of Khaine with his bare hands. As I said, its entirely possible that much of his records have been corrupted with lies.

Thats stuff that's been complained much before, and just the way it will be unless GW thinks another Chapter can attract other fans into the game. But to deny it is something else.
I'm missing the bit where every other chapter master is kissing his arse?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Tags
blood angels , chapter master , fight , ultramarines , versus

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode