Female Space Marines - Page 11 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 108 (permalink) Old 12-30-12, 01:37 AM Thread Starter
GabrialSagan's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
Yes, but your personal reasons for wanting marines to be female are irrelevant. It isn't what GW has written and you're arguing with the wrong people if you want that to change.
You are missing my point. The change has been made. Space marines can be female. I don't need to make the argument to GW because they already removed the penis prereq from canon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 108 (permalink) Old 12-30-12, 01:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insanity72 View Post
OK, not sure if this has been mentioned, since I can't be bothered reading through all the pages

But 2 things, one isn't it Codex > BRB? So if it states in the SM codex that it's tied to the male genes or whatever, then that's what it is. Two, I remember reading somewhere that due to the female form being weaker on average, their bodies cannot handle the process.
This was true in 2nd ed through 5th ed. We are talking about 6th ed.
post #103 of 108 (permalink) Old 12-30-12, 01:41 AM
Embrace the Insanity

Insanity's Flag is: Australia

Yes but like I said, it's always Codex over BRB. So just because it's not mentioned in the BRB, it is mentioned in the Codex, so it would still stand that only males can undergo the process.

post #104 of 108 (permalink) Old 12-30-12, 01:44 AM
Embrace the Insanity

Insanity's Flag is: Australia

It's like saying, just because the BRB never mentioned anything about the Dark Eldar harnessing the power of black suns, doesn't mean they don't do that anymore.
post #105 of 108 (permalink) Old 12-30-12, 01:44 AM
Feed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrialSagan View Post
You are missing my point. The change has been made. Space marines can be female. I don't need to make the argument to GW because they already removed the penis prereq from canon.
No, you are missing MY point. Absence of something in ONE source dies not retcon fluff appearing in numerous other sources. Regardless of which is more recent, the codexes from the previous edition are still current fluff sources until new editions of them are released.

That is how it works. That is how it has always worked.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #106 of 108 (permalink) Old 12-30-12, 01:45 AM
The Emperor Protects

Angel of Blood's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
See. I knew you cared about my opinions. Which is more then I can say for yours.
Oh my heart bleeds. You word that as if I care what you think, I don't, I care about the effect this has on the boards and the fact that it doesn't belong here.

This isn't going anywhere, you've clearly made your mind up that this has supposedly happened, despite only you being able to see it and you aren't going to change your opinion, you just want everybody else to change theirs so it agrees with yours.

Have fun guys, I'm out, feel free to find me if you have a real fluff question.
post #107 of 108 (permalink) Old 12-30-12, 01:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
No, you are missing MY point. Absence of something in ONE source dies not retcon fluff appearing in numerous other sources. Regardless of which is more recent, the codexes from the previous edition are still current fluff sources until new editions of them are released.

That is how it works. That is how it has always worked.
Tell that to DC comics, Marvel Comics, Games Workshop, Tim Kring, Fantasy Flight Games, White Wolf Publishing, Wizards of the Coast, Disney and any other corporate copyright owner.

Retconning is part of modern media. It just is the way it is. One source does retcon all that came before it.
post #108 of 108 (permalink) Old 12-30-12, 02:02 AM
Feed

Quote:
One source does retcon all that came before it.
Sorry, but Games Workshop have never worked this way. A new rulebook supercedes the older ones, it does not however render every other codex, novel and source article invalid simply by virtue of it's being shinier.

Your arguments are not making sense anymore, the thread is devolving so I'm just going to end it right here.

If you wish to try this again, I advise you do some research into how Games Workshop have handled their fluff in the past, how canon works in this particular hobby and how to present solid proof for your claims. Instead of asking for loose interpretations based on what isn't there rather than what is.

Locked.

Nonsense is our Salvation

Last edited by Serpion5; 12-30-12 at 02:05 AM.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode