The Last Primarch - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-26-12, 02:08 PM Thread Starter

Soul Reaper's Flag is: Scotland

Default The Last Primarch

Who was the last *functioning loyal Primarch in the Imperium after the Horus Heresy?

I say 'functioning' as in meaning part of the military and political make up of the Imperium. I know of course that Ferrus Manus was first killed, followed by Sanguinius, and a knocked out Lion El'Johnson. But then shit gets sketchy. I can't find any credible sources online. I know how they all eventually passed, but I'm intrigued as to who was the last.

The point is, how could the last remaining one sit back and allow his father's vision of Imperial Truth become twisted into one of faith and superstition. AND if it was Rogal Dorn, who I've read it might be, I can't quite figure out why he didn't reform the Legions (he was against the Codex) or rebuild the Imperium.

Was the power of the Inquisition and the High Lords of Terra that formidable in the centuries following the Heresy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-26-12, 02:26 PM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

I thought the last to leave was Vulkan, Corax left just after Leman Russ, Dorn died/disappeared during one of the earliest Black Crusades, Khan disappeared chasing Dark Eldar, Guilliman was clipped by an Anathme carried by Fulgrim.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-26-12, 02:46 PM

Akatsuki13's Flag is: Canada

Yeah it was probably Vulkan. We don't when he disappeared exactly and I think if I remember he was around 1,000 years after the HH.

'There's a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.'
Akatsuki13's Daemon Den

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-26-12, 11:12 PM
Brother Lucian's Flag is: Denmark

From what I heard, the last of the Primarchs died 1500 years after the Horus Heresy. Which I always thought to be Rogal Dorn.

For the question of Dorn not reforming the Imperium, he had already once been to the brink for the refusal of adopting the Codex Astartes, but relented before a new scism was started. The fists was even fired upon. And it weighed heavilly on him that he had failed to protect his father and thusly threw himself into task of hunting traitors, and why the Imperial Fists legion willingly went into the Iron Cage, both to absolve his guilt by facing declared traitors, and to whittle the legion down so it could be broken into chapters with much more ease. And the Imperial Fists have a long known history of masochistic behavior, which I belive stems from Dorn's guilt over failing in his duty. So it is little suprise that the demigod went to his death in a battle barge filled of ravening culltists, he had little more to live for. His father was between life and death, the imperium was degenerating.

Look at the Excoriators and the darkness afflicting them, said to be a physical echo of the despair Dorn was feeling over the loss of the Emperor. In Prince of Crows, Konrad Curze is having what appears to be a vision of the demise of Dorn, pulled down by cultists as knives draws his divine blood.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-26-12, 11:31 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

I think the surviving primarchs where too busy rebuilding their forces, hunting down traitors and putting down revolt and staving off all the xeno attacks on the shattered Imperium to prevent the Emperors dream being ruined, I do not think the Imperial church and the Inquisition just took over but gradually took over, over several centuries as the Imperial creed found favor with the masses and opposition faded by war natural causes or assassination/coercion.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-27-12, 08:00 AM
Brother Lucian's Flag is: Denmark

The Imperial Cult and the Inquisition didnt start to come into being until about M32 afaik. Only few if any Primarchs left in that millenium to ofter any more but token grumpiness.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode