Lord Cypher the Fallen Angel - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-12-08, 12:47 AM Thread Starter
The Hammer of Olympia

BlackApostleVilhelm's Flag is: USA

Default Lord Cypher the Fallen Angel

i just wanted to open a thread for people the theorize about cypher and his origins. we all know that the name cypher was a title but who could the marine be? i think its most likely zahariel from descent of angels, dont know why i just do.

Here is the beginning of my fluff for my Iron Warriors Eighth Grand Company https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=51842

"A fortress is a living thing: the commander its brain, the walls its bones, the sensors its eyes and ears, the troops its blood, their weapons its fists. This tells us two things: If one organ fails, the whole dies. And if the whole dies, no single organ can survive alone."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-12-08, 01:01 AM

Falsegods's Flag is: USA

I remember reading in a White Dwarf a number of years ago that Cypher was there during the destruction of Caliban, and saw at least part of the Duel between the Lion and Luther. I think the last set of rules for him has him carrying what is either the Lion Sword or its fragments.

I believe, though it is very possible I am grossly wrong, that he was Luther's XO, and that he is the de facto leader of a number of Luther's former followers who are working to an as of yet unknown goal.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-12-08, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
The Hammer of Olympia

BlackApostleVilhelm's Flag is: USA

yeah but apparently every time he appears although he causes strife the imperium always emerges stronger. i dont think hes the leader per say more like a saviour who could redeem the fallen in the imperium's eyes. at least the ones following him.

Here is the beginning of my fluff for my Iron Warriors Eighth Grand Company https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=51842

"A fortress is a living thing: the commander its brain, the walls its bones, the sensors its eyes and ears, the troops its blood, their weapons its fists. This tells us two things: If one organ fails, the whole dies. And if the whole dies, no single organ can survive alone."

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-12-08, 06:12 PM

CallumM27's Flag is: England

I think hes that zahariel guy too. Makes sence really, it explains why he gets away all the time being an experience psyker and using the warp to jump around. Plus he was close to both luther and the lion and was there at the final battle.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-17-08, 09:10 PM

The Lions Sword's Flag is: USA

The Lord Cypher was an honory roll given to a member of the Order to uphold all the rituals and traditions of the Order. That in turn carried over into the DA when they were found by the emperor. it is also said that he was there watching the Lion and Luther duke it out against each other. After the battle its said that the watchers in the dark had him choose between two swords, lion el johnsons sword or luthers sword, and by deciding as such would determine the fate of the DA. Going off of that there is a short story written in Galaxy in Flames that follows a DA chaplain who goes searching for a last sword. he recieved this information from a Fallen Angel that he interrogated. Turns out the sword was Luthers sword not the Lions. So.....that would mean that Cypher has the Lions sword and is going about the galaxy waiting until the final battle to return the Lion his sword. here is a great website that details some of this.....http://fortressofunforgiven.homestea...Lib_003_A.html

Adeptus Astartes Commandments
1. Thou shalt not replace the Librarian's staff with a magic wand.
2. Though shalt not refer to thine brethren, whom the Emperor has dictated be armed with an incendiary weapon, as a "Flamer" constantly. For this has been proven to lower morale and cause strife within His Most Holy showering facilities.
3. Thou shalt not follow a Librarian around thinking, "Can you hear me now", repetitively in an attempt to drive him insane.

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-17-08, 09:21 PM

plug's Flag is: United Kingdom

But who are the watchers? I'm still reading the book at the moment but at the moment I think cypher is Zahariel. What is Cyphers aims.
1. To head to Tera to kill the emperor so he can reborn and distroy chaos
or
2. He is going to Terra to seek forgiveness for the fallen
Could be either or both or something else.
I've looked at the website Fortress of the unforgivern and it is the best D.A site I've seen

"Of the fabulous hydra it is said, cut of one head and two will grow in its place"

Brethran
Project
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-18-08, 02:56 AM
Banned
NoiseMarine's Flag is: USA

The watchers arent really explained to thouroughly in the book. info is limited but zahariel encounters one of them before or after he kills the last calibanite lion. I think they were like guardians or somthin?
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-18-08, 03:37 AM
rgw

What if the Lion held his Legion from reaching Terra in order to play it safe and see who would win (or maybe waiting for both sides to destroy eachother and he have the last strong legion). Maybe the "fallen" on Caliban were really trying to leave to aid the Emperor, and after the battle between Luther and the Lion, the "fallen" got spread out in the warp.

Now Cypher seeks to return the blade to the side of the Emperor like the Lion refused to do during the heresy, therefore fulfilling the legion's loyalty to the Emperor. That would explain why the fallen are hunted, because they would cast light as to what the Dark Angels really did.

This idea was in a thread a while ago, tried to get the basic idea of it.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-18-08, 02:08 PM

The Lions Sword's Flag is: USA

The watchers in the dark are creatures of some form from another time and or space. They also accompany high ranking leaders of the unforgiven. They ALSO have the Lion in stasis at the very heart of the Rock and no one knows he is there except for the watchers, so my guess would be that they are guardians of some form. Zahariel isnt Cypher.......if you continue reading the book it goes on to explain that after he was initiated into the order a new Lord Cypher was chosen, which was not him. I believe to some degree that Cypher is really trying to get to the Emperor to show his loyalty to him because of what Luther did. I also believe that when he does finally reach him that the Lion will return and all of the Fallen will then be purged for there purgatory and disloyalty

Adeptus Astartes Commandments
1. Thou shalt not replace the Librarian's staff with a magic wand.
2. Though shalt not refer to thine brethren, whom the Emperor has dictated be armed with an incendiary weapon, as a "Flamer" constantly. For this has been proven to lower morale and cause strife within His Most Holy showering facilities.
3. Thou shalt not follow a Librarian around thinking, "Can you hear me now", repetitively in an attempt to drive him insane.

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-18-08, 04:56 PM

Iron Within's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgw View Post
What if the Lion held his Legion from reaching Terra in order to play it safe and see who would win (or maybe waiting for both sides to destroy eachother and he have the last strong legion). Maybe the "fallen" on Caliban were really trying to leave to aid the Emperor, and after the battle between Luther and the Lion, the "fallen" got spread out in the warp.

Now Cypher seeks to return the blade to the side of the Emperor like the Lion refused to do during the heresy, therefore fulfilling the legion's loyalty to the Emperor. That would explain why the fallen are hunted, because they would cast light as to what the Dark Angels really did.

This idea was in a thread a while ago, tried to get the basic idea of it.
That is awesome. The idea of such a conspiracy really would be a reason for the DA to be so secretive.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode