Women in the Imperium - Page 8 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 171 (permalink) Old 09-12-12, 10:58 PM
Senior Member
 
Over Two Meters Tall!'s Avatar
Over Two Meters Tall!'s Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 638
Reputation: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Commander Solus View Post
You know, this is just so strange and altogether weird that I have no choice.

Going down the waterslide.

http://xkcd.com/1081/
OK, you get some rep just for referencing XKCD.com!!

The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you have to load, or if you have to unload, go to the White Zone. You'll love it... it's a way of life.

Nick Naylor: Cigarettes in space?
Jeff Megall: It's the final frontier, Nick.
Nick Naylor: But wouldn't they blow up in an all oxygen environment?
Jeff Megall: Probably. But it's an easy fix. One line of dialogue. 'Thank God we invented the... you know, whatever device.'
Over Two Meters Tall! is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #72 of 171 (permalink) Old 09-12-12, 11:26 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,685
Reputation: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompy Bits View Post
Wait, the OP wants GW & BL to do away with well established, unique, decades old characteristics for two Imperial factions simply because he thinks it's a good idea and thinks it should be changed.

Yeah... good luck with that.
I'm fairly certain the OP is a she.

I will never understand things like this. Why does it matter if there's no women. It's not like there's going to be special rules that gives them an extra attack during that time of the month.

Though that could be interesting. They gain an attack but Tyranids gain the initiative for sensing the blood.
Reaper45 is offline  
post #73 of 171 (permalink) Old 09-12-12, 11:27 PM
Vaz
Senior Member
 
Vaz's Avatar
Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Manchester, UK.
Posts: 12,830
Reputation: 79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Angel View Post
Though you have to admit, the topic is becoming something more and more frequently brought up.
In the grim darkness of the far future there is only... women drivers in control of 17km long starships...

Oh shit.



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
Vaz is offline  
 
post #74 of 171 (permalink) Old 09-12-12, 11:33 PM
Senior Member
 
Nave Senrag's Avatar
Nave Senrag's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 460
Reputation: 1
Default

I don't think that blacks are represented enough by GW, and this makes me angry. I don't care that I can model my figures however I want and still use them in games, I instead demand that GW not only from this point on have at least 10 black characters in every novel they publish, but also retcon at least three primarchs into black men. Because there could obviously be more black men in Warhammer, the fact that there aren't makes GW racists. Also, if you don't agree with me, or have a reason that I'm not right, you're a racist too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompy Bits View Post
Yup, that sounds about right. The only faction who are a bigger bunch of backstabbers than the Imperium are the Eldar (and this is debatable as the Eldar only stab OTHER factions in the back).
Nave Senrag is offline  
post #75 of 171 (permalink) Old 09-12-12, 11:57 PM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Not every shadow, but any shadow
Posts: 7,889
Reputation: 74
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nave Senrag View Post
I don't think that blacks are represented enough by GW, and this makes me angry. I don't care that I can model my figures however I want and still use them in games, I instead demand that GW not only from this point on have at least 10 black characters in every novel they publish, but also retcon at least three primarchs into black men. Because there could obviously be more black men in Warhammer, the fact that there aren't makes GW racists. Also, if you don't agree with me, or have a reason that I'm not right, you're a racist too.
There are the Salamanders, but of course I think you mean African ?
I take your point and I reckon it's pretty much spot on.
Magpie_Oz is offline  
post #76 of 171 (permalink) Old 09-12-12, 11:59 PM
Senior Member
 
Nave Senrag's Avatar
Nave Senrag's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 460
Reputation: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpie_Oz View Post
There are the Salamanders, but of course I think you mean African ?
I take your point and I reckon it's pretty much spot on.
Yeah. People always seem to bring up the salamanders when black people are mentioned, and it never sits well with me that the example that the only example anyone ever has is the people who are only black due to a mutation. Barring the fact that they aren't even "black" in the context that is used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompy Bits View Post
Yup, that sounds about right. The only faction who are a bigger bunch of backstabbers than the Imperium are the Eldar (and this is debatable as the Eldar only stab OTHER factions in the back).
Nave Senrag is offline  
post #77 of 171 (permalink) Old 09-13-12, 12:01 AM
Member
 
Tempessst's Avatar
Tempessst's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 56
Reputation: 1
Default

Honest question Nave, were you making a joke? or completely serious?

11th Legion in Homebrew, let me know what you think
Tau - 2500 Points
Tempessst is offline  
post #78 of 171 (permalink) Old 09-13-12, 12:05 AM
Senior Member
 
Nave Senrag's Avatar
Nave Senrag's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 460
Reputation: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempessst View Post
Honest question Nave, were you making a joke? or completely serious?
Yeesh, I thought I was laying it on thick. That was a joke, yeah.

Well, not the second post. That really does concern me a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chompy Bits View Post
Yup, that sounds about right. The only faction who are a bigger bunch of backstabbers than the Imperium are the Eldar (and this is debatable as the Eldar only stab OTHER factions in the back).
Nave Senrag is offline  
post #79 of 171 (permalink) Old 09-13-12, 12:10 AM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Not every shadow, but any shadow
Posts: 7,889
Reputation: 74
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nave Senrag View Post
Yeah. People always seem to bring up the salamanders when black people are mentioned, and it never sits well with me that the example that the only example anyone ever has is the people who are only black due to a mutation. Barring the fact that they aren't even "black" in the context that is used.
Maybe, but it never sits well with me that people of African ancestry are referred to as "Blacks".
It kinda torpedos your assertion for equality to use that term.
Magpie_Oz is offline  
post #80 of 171 (permalink) Old 09-13-12, 12:11 AM
Vaz
Senior Member
 
Vaz's Avatar
Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Manchester, UK.
Posts: 12,830
Reputation: 79
Default

Nope, all the black guys are dead. Whenever a mortar was incpming, they would shout "Get Down!!!" and then the black guys would start dancing, and eventually made themselves extinct over 40,000 years of war.



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
Vaz is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome