Pictures from 40k you miss to see - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-17-12, 09:10 AM

Lemanruss27's Flag is: Croatia

Sigismund amidst the traitors during the fight for Terra,especialy against Kharn,and other champions of the Traitor legions.

For Russ And The Allfather
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-17-12, 01:20 PM

vipertaja's Flag is: Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engindeer View Post
I have always been fascinated by xenos leaders. Seeing a solo piece on Urgok The Unstoppable (Ullanor) or The Beast (6th ed. - largest and most powerful ork ever) would be fantastic!
Actually, according to lexicanum Urgok was in the third war for Armageddon:
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Urgo...e#.UC5DN6N_lMk

You seem to be thinking about Urrlak Urruk.
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Urrl...k#.UC5EI6N_lMk

I would not have known this, but your post happened to make me interested enough to read up on these characters a bit more.

EDIT: As for what I'd like to see:
Proper and clear illustrations of Vulcan and the Lion. (none of this murky "could be him?")
Luther
EC officers like Vairosean and Kaesoron.
More of heresy era Kharn.
More on Daemon Primarchs

And to counter some here, I'd like for Blanche to ascend to immortality so that he can keep drawing/painting forever.
(even much of the other art is based on his designs, after all)

Last edited by vipertaja; 08-17-12 at 01:44 PM.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-17-12, 08:57 PM

Tensiu's Flag is: Poland

I'd love to see the storm on Monthax, Gaunt shouting orders, his face seen in the light of a lightning.
By the way, I've seen amazing drawing long time ago, just when I started discovering 40th millennium - black-and-white Space Marine on his knee, with chainsword in hand, praying. I think he was in a city, in the rain. His position was just like that of Blood Raven's commander in DoW II intro. Anyone got clue where could I find it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azkaellon View Post
Boobs, That is all.
Victories - 0
Draws - 0
Failures - 4

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-17-12, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipertaja View Post
Actually, according to lexicanum Urgok was in the third war for Armageddon:
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Urgo...e#.UC5DN6N_lMk

You seem to be thinking about Urrlak Urruk.
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Urrl...k#.UC5EI6N_lMk

I would not have known this, but your post happened to make me interested enough to read up on these characters a bit more.
Thanks man!

Great ideas everyone (snarkers included) - Almost all of the scenarios you've mentioned have caught my attention as well, when I read them.

There are so many things written about 40k that could never be done justice in the visual department - Like full-blown chaos spilling into the materium... I've heard so much about the notorious 'debaucheries' of The Emperor's children, but funnily it never goes into further detail, like it would with followers of the other 3 gods.

..and now I'm not sure if I want to see it written or drawn at all!

post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-18-12, 02:11 AM

vipertaja's Flag is: Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engindeer View Post
Thanks man!

Great ideas everyone (snarkers included) - Almost all of the scenarios you've mentioned have caught my attention as well, when I read them.

There are so many things written about 40k that could never be done justice in the visual department - Like full-blown chaos spilling into the materium... I've heard so much about the notorious 'debaucheries' of The Emperor's children, but funnily it never goes into further detail, like it would with followers of the other 3 gods.

..and now I'm not sure if I want to see it written or drawn at all!
There is a good point there. Depicting certain things about Chaos is like illustrating Lovecaft's Cthulhu mythos...how could one ever really draw/paint a sight that would drive any witnesses insane? The closest one could do "realistically" is the sort of rabid sketches seen in Liber Chaotica, trying to portray something that should not be or even a sight completely contradicting physics.

And then there's the Emperor's Children "activities" as you mentioned...something GW's artwork/texts obviously will keep far away from, understandably. It would be pretty creepy if GW sought younger audiences while trying to outdo the internet in terms of the vile and perverse.
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-18-12, 04:30 AM Thread Starter

And that's what makes it so great for me. The endless possibilities, because there are no restraints in the 40k universe.

It's all told as a legend so - you can go to absolute extremes about everything.

The Imperial Palace (granted its the BIGGEST building of the Imperium of Mankind) IT ONLY COVERS ALL OF THE ASIAN CONTINENT

Or The Vaxhallian Genocides where The Purge, a band of CSM killed over 14.000.000.000 people... That's not millions, thats billions, guys - And they brush over it like it was nothing. At the same time the loss of a Space Marine chapter is almost incalculable. The irony is stunning, because it gives off the notion that a regular human life, 40.000 years in the future, is worth next to nothing and pretty much anything (from possession to alien invasions) can happen. All the unsung battles of The Imperial Guard always going first where the fighting is worst, pales in comparison to the tales of the Space Marines, even though the battles fought by the Adeptus Astartes are surgical strikes, not planetwide warfare, because you can only do so much with 1000 marines, however powerful they might be.

It's all so uncaring and massive that you just roll along with it.

Last edited by Engindeer; 08-18-12 at 04:36 AM.
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-18-12, 06:34 AM
Embrace the Insanity

Insanity's Flag is: Australia

I would just like some more SoB artwork.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-31-12, 09:01 PM

The Emperor battling the Void Dragon in ye olde days

The Argo coming up out of the desert in Outcast Dead.

Rogal Dorn breaking his sword over his knee after failing the Emperor

Russ and the Emperor fighting

Horus and Sanguinius in battle

And a truly eoic picture of the Imperial Palace at the height of its glory
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-31-12, 09:23 PM
Rattlehead

3. Magnus in the Emperor's throne room after his havoc-wreaking in the Webway.

2. A split picture of the lives of Ollanius Pious, from Verdun to the Vengeful Spirit.

1. Lord Solar Macharius splitting the Iron Wall of Kallastin with a single bellowed command. I know it's a legend, but it's a fantastic image nonetheless.

Midnight

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-31-12, 09:47 PM

TyphoidLmJ's Flag is: USA

I would also like to see more of the fight on Horus Battle Barge. The only text I remember from the death of Sanguinius was that he was "smothered" by the Talon. Not choked, but smothered. What?
At any rate, that whole sequence could be awesomely expressed.
Also anything with Titans in it. I get weak in the knees for walking robots.

You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with till you understand who's in rutting command here! -Jayne

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode