Could the primarchs change shape? - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-06-12, 04:35 PM

DeathJester921's Flag is: USA

I would say the answer lies in the first line.

"It seemed as though the combatants had swollen to enormous..."

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamTheApostle View Post
Remember kids: Violence isn't the answer, its the question. The answer is yes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-06-12, 04:40 PM

Apostle's Flag is: Ireland

so this is another ('seemed to') type quote?
'Magnus’ stature had always been one of variable proportions,
but his rage had made him huge.'
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-06-12, 05:05 PM
WFB Moderator

Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'm currently half way through Thousand Sons and Magnus has already changed size at least twice. The last time it was said in very clear, very un-metaphoric language... I'll post a quote if I manage to find it.

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-06-12, 05:07 PM

As for as i know Magnus was the only one other than the Emperor able to change his size.

As in A Thousand Sons, when he meets the Serpent Daemon within the pyramind Magnus increases his size to match it then goes back to his normal size saying it is pointless.

While in: Battle for the Fang, on the planet where the great wolf has taken pretty much the entire chapter Magnus spends most of his time appearing as a child.

In terms of form, i do know what Magnus can change his form in psychic like abilities as when Horus is 'dying' he appears before Horus in the warp as a Wolf before assuming his natural form.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-06-12, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle View Post
so this is another ('seemed to') type quote?
'Magnusí stature had always been one of variable proportions,
but his rage had made him huge.'
Remember, this is from his son's perspective. His psychic powers flaring gave the impression of him getting bigger, from his son's perspective.

So I would say yes

My youtube channel. Feel free to stop by and have a look if you're interested. I do Airsoft, some warhammer related videos, and gaming videos.

R.I.P. Uncle Lee. You will be greatly missed by us all. We will see each other again some day.

Quote:
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-06-12, 06:16 PM

Apostle's Flag is: Ireland

I suppose that makes sense. and Revan4559 all of your examples are correct. But I think(THINK) that we are referring to Magnus physically not in the void, and not after he became a Demon Prince of Tzeentch. As far as I know after he fought the Space Wolves and became a deamon prince, then he constantly is changing his appearence. In Battle for the Fang. He does go back to the appearance his son's remembered him as originally. I forget why he does this (to inspire them, or for nostalgia?.) But it's true, he can change sizes, or at least others perceive him that way. IT IS also true that he while in the Void can change his size.

But in real space, before his turn to Chaos...thats the part that is I think debatable. Though DeathJester makes a pretty valid argument I find difficult to beat.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-06-12, 06:28 PM

Over Two Meters Tall!'s Flag is: USA

I've read that passage in A Thousand Sons to indicate they were suddenly taking up everyone's whole attention with the volume of power exhibiting.

In The Lord of the Rings, both the Galadriel and Gandalf characters go through apparent transformations as their full powers manifest... not that they actually grow, but by manifesting powers they are revealed to be far more than a simple corporeal being.

Try this simple test for yourself: go find your nearest football lineman (for Americans), and give him the finger from about 10 meters, along with a few choice comments on his Mama. Notice how he seems to actually grow the closer and angrier he gets to you, until he seems a giant when he's on the verge of manifesting his mass on your poor body. For your part, I would suggest drinking heavily prior to conducting the test, it'll make the whole process go smoother.

The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you have to load, or if you have to unload, go to the White Zone. You'll love it... it's a way of life.

Nick Naylor: Cigarettes in space?
Jeff Megall: It's the final frontier, Nick.
Nick Naylor: But wouldn't they blow up in an all oxygen environment?
Jeff Megall: Probably. But it's an easy fix. One line of dialogue. 'Thank God we invented the... you know, whatever device.'
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-06-12, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle View Post
I suppose that makes sense. and Revan4559 all of your examples are correct. But I think(THINK) that we are referring to Magnus physically not in the void, and not after he became a Demon Prince of Tzeentch. As far as I know after he fought the Space Wolves and became a deamon prince, then he constantly is changing his appearence. In Battle for the Fang. He does go back to the appearance his son's remembered him as originally. I forget why he does this (to inspire them, or for nostalgia?.) But it's true, he can change sizes, or at least others perceive him that way. IT IS also true that he while in the Void can change his size.

But in real space, before his turn to Chaos...thats the part that is I think debatable. Though DeathJester makes a pretty valid argument I find difficult to beat.
In Battle for the Fang, he had seperated himself into several eh, shards I guess you could call them. I believe that had an impact on how he appeared, though i'm not totally sure on this.

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode