Lorgar's self imposed exile - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-03-12, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

Apostle's Flag is: Ireland

Default Lorgar's self imposed exile

Ok first, other than it being stated, is there a story or short connected to the Daemon Primarch going into exile?

Main question. Does Lorgar believe he is better serving the Pantheon by writing rediculously large amounts of text? Does he have ANYTHING to do with the Word Bearers planning at the moment. Or is he leaving it to Erebus and sulking. I know very little about this. However I really would like to see the Word Bearers led by Lorgar make an attempt to cause some serious damage against the Imperium.

I personally believe if Lorgar were to put on some clothing, walk out of his hole and rouse his Bearers of the Word. I think even Abaddon would have a difficult time not taking up arms with him. Is Lorgar not truly the chosen of Chaos? Reading Aurellian(sp?) he sure seems to be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-03-12, 02:09 PM
Bane of Empires

Child-of-the-Emperor's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle View Post
Ok first, other than it being stated, is there a story or short connected to the Daemon Primarch going into exile?
I believe it was the Word Bearers series which revealed the information concerning Lorgar's exile.

It is unknown why he entered the Templum Inficio or what he has been occupied with for millennia, beyond declaring that no one should disturb his meditations. But considering he is now a daemon, he seems to have removed himself from the actions of his Legion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle View Post
Is Lorgar not truly the chosen of Chaos? Reading Aurellian(sp?) he sure seems to be.
It doesn't seem that he is. At least three Primarchs had their egos massaged by Chaos by claiming they were the chosen; Horus, Lorgar and Magnus. Lorgar may have been chosen to initiate the Heresy by corrupting Horus, but his purpose (in the eyes of the gods) beyond that is unclear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cegorach View Post
I do love how we don't even need CotE to comment anymore, chances are he has already said something intelligent before that can be re-applied to the current situation.
Heresy's Background FAQ. (Fluff Project)
CotE Reviews: Prospero Burns (HH Review), Age of Darkness (HH Review).
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-03-12, 02:13 PM

tabbytomo's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'd love to think it's been left open, imagine, Lorgar meditating for a millennia, only to come back and lead the Daemon-Primarchs in the end times against the living Primarchs which have also returned..Abaddon is the gods play thing in the mean time

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time." - Aurelian Lorgar

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-03-12, 04:31 PM

The Gods have a plan for Lorgar, I'm sure of that. If they wanted him to lead the Black Crusades he would, but we'll just have to wait and see what they want with Lorgar. Like tabbytomo said, it would be very cool for him to come back with the other Daemon-Primarchs and kick Loyalist Primarch butt in the end times.

"Death? You want death? I'm afraid that would be far too boring."
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-03-12, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys, yea that makes sense. I just so badly want to read some post-heresy Primarch work....How about the question if he is in any way orchestrating any current things with his Legion? Does he still have contact with Erebus? Or is our fair Lorgar literally sitting there in a locked up tower somewhere? I mean that is a long time to study/pout/pray.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-03-12, 05:05 PM

LongfangFenrika93's Flag is: Scotland

Its possible that Lorgar has a scintilla of his former self and maybe regrets his actions to an extent. Much like the Cabal's idea for Horus. Shoot me if this is a daft idea.

EDIT: Obviously, not the same regret that Horus would feel, but enough to relinquish control of his Legion to his sons, perhaps?

And what are the achievements of your fragile Imperium? It is a corpse rotting slowly from within while maggots writhe in its belly. It was built with the toil of heroes and giants, and now it is inhabited by frightened weaklings to whom the glories of those times are half-forgotten legends. I have forgotten nothing and my wisdom has expanded far beyond mere mortal frailties.-Ahriman.

Last edited by LongfangFenrika93; 08-03-12 at 05:08 PM.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-03-12, 05:46 PM
Craw-Daddy

Casting the fact that Daemons have very little of their human side to them. Lorgar is much content writing scrolls for the Chaos Gods and meditating. It is very possible that through his meditation, his soul is somewhere else.

If any of the Daemon Princes put on the Primarch Yolk again, they would have to face their mortal failures again. Both due to the fact they lost the war against the Emperor, and the fact that their legions are ruined shadows of their great conquests.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-03-12, 07:16 PM

I imagine, Lorgar like the rest of his brothers, just dosent want to look at their legions, the imperium, each other, they are all testaments to weakness, failure, they no doubt see how their sons have fallen and then question how far they themselves have fallen, maybe they just dont care anymore, Lorgar probably sees the destruction of the imperium as something immutable, no point striving for its destruction when it is already guaranteed.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-03-12, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost&Damned View Post
I imagine, Lorgar like the rest of his brothers, just dosent want to look at their legions, the imperium, each other, they are all testaments to weakness, failure, they no doubt see how their sons have fallen and then question how far they themselves have fallen, maybe they just dont care anymore, Lorgar probably sees the destruction of the imperium as something immutable, no point striving for its destruction when it is already guaranteed.
Good point...Though the Word Bearers stick pretty well to The Book(Aka the planet sized tomb) that Lorgar wrote/is writing. I am not so sure he would be ashamed, mabe angry. But that's what a leader is for, come back for a bit and lay down the law!

Though I see the others legion Primarch's shame for sure. Most Primarchs even the really twisted ones. Had some pride in the notion of honor, philosophy and art. (maybe exclude Angron there.) Most of the Chaos Legions no longer appreciate such things. So I can see how they would feel even as servants of the Dark Gods that their Legions have fallen too low and petty to be worthy of their Lords attention and guidence.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-03-12, 10:39 PM

Perhaps, like the Gods themselves, Lorgar cares very little for the material universe now? After all the Gods don't give a shit, so why should he?

"Death? You want death? I'm afraid that would be far too boring."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode