Abaddon vs ? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 126 (permalink) Old 07-28-12, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

Default Abaddon vs ?

So I was wondering with eldrad ulthran dead(presumably) and the primarchs gone Abaddon is probably one of the strongest individuals in the current 40k universe. My question is what character or individual you guys think can best Abaddon single handedly in the current 40k universe(excluding C'tan) and
how would they in terms of their battle prowess?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 126 (permalink) Old 07-28-12, 09:12 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

I suppose Mr Calgar of the Ultramarines would be a contender, he defeated an eldar avatar in single combat and retook a starfort held by daemons so no slouch in the combat department. Lysander could be a contender as well, he was captured and tortured by his chapters arch enemies the iron warriors and managed to escape, both tough characters to go up against Abbadon

post #3 of 126 (permalink) Old 07-28-12, 10:38 PM

Lord Driago from the Grey Knights. Why? He is made to fight deamons . Abaddon I think has some of the ruinous power I think and you need someone that can battle against chaos.

Mephisto maybe another one in line along with Dante but I put my money on Mephisto only because he has psychic power.

post #4 of 126 (permalink) Old 07-29-12, 12:52 AM
hailene's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldman78 View Post
I suppose Mr Calgar of the Ultramarines would be a contender, he defeated an eldar avatar in single combat and retook a starfort held by daemons so no slouch in the combat department. Lysander could be a contender as well, he was captured and tortured by his chapters arch enemies the iron warriors and managed to escape, both tough characters to go up against Abbadon
Calgar had a couple dozen of his men shoot up the Avatar first.

Physical and mental toughness only go so far.

I personally don't think either of those two could hold a candle to Abby. He's a Space Marine with thousands of years of experience. He had the best war record of the Lunar Wolves (of whom had the best war record of all the Legions). He has a Primarch weapon on top of an incredibly powerful daemonic weapon. To top it off he's empowered with the gifts of all four Chaos gods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwak76 View Post
Lord Driago from the Grey Knights. Why? He is made to fight deamons . Abaddon I think has some of the ruinous power I think and you need someone that can battle against chaos.
If anyone could do it, it would be a GK.
post #5 of 126 (permalink) Old 07-29-12, 01:10 AM

Asdrubael Vect would be a contender.

Don't forget Mr. Thraka either.
post #6 of 126 (permalink) Old 07-29-12, 01:36 AM
hailene's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orochi View Post
Asdrubael Vect would be a contender.

Don't forget Mr. Thraka either.
Vect doesn't seem (or bother) to fight much. The DE codex mentions he never bothers to dirty his own blade and prefers others to do the work for him.

Though with a tricky character like Vect, the author could make up whatever fanciful setups to make the fight interesting. In a straight up fight there'd be no chance.

I don't think Thraka would fare well either. Yarrick, according to the Ork codex, was able to give him a "dramatic battle".

An unsegmented human like Yarrick would be hardpressed to give a regular Space Marine a dramatic battle. Much less Abby.
post #7 of 126 (permalink) Old 07-29-12, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailene View Post
I don't think Thraka would fare well either. Yarrick, according to the Ork codex, was able to give him a "dramatic battle".

An unsegmented human like Yarrick would be hardpressed to give a regular Space Marine a dramatic battle. Much less Abby.
Dramatic battle doesn't necessarily mean he did well. Plus, I've always considered the Yarrick fluff to be pure Guard Wank. Realistically, an aging, unaugmented commissar should have gotten flattened within seconds of the first time he encountered Ghazghkull. And Ghazghkull did still kick his ass in anyways. Plus there's descriptions in the Ork codex of Thraka steamrolling through entire regiments. I mean, Belial, the current master of the Deathwing, nearly got ripped in half when he tried to take him on.

And then there's also the argument that Ghazghkull doesn't actually want Yarrick permanently incapacitated because he's the only human who's managed to give him any real resistance when he decides to invade a place.

So, to close, I really think you are underestimating Ghazghkull. IMO he really is one of the few 40k characters who might be able to give Abaddon a decent run for his money. Though I still think Abaddon would probably win in the end.

The human appendix. Proof of a higher power. A divine kill switch so to speak.

No one really likes a smartass, but people tend to like a dumbass even less.

Last edited by Chompy Bits; 07-29-12 at 05:16 AM.
post #8 of 126 (permalink) Old 07-29-12, 09:00 AM
Spanner in the works...

spanner94ezekiel's Flag is: United Kingdom

His own Daemon weapon.

The Black Typhoons | Dark Angels 3rd Company | Tharrus Draw's Warband | Dark Angels' Corner | Codices: Marvel Heroes and Marvel Villains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Spanner's got some great advice as well... Listen to that wise man.

post #9 of 126 (permalink) Old 07-29-12, 09:33 AM

if game wise then swarmlord
flufwise pheonix lords would give him a run for his mony
post #10 of 126 (permalink) Old 07-29-12, 12:31 PM

The only one's that come to mind for me are other Chaos forces. Daemon Primarchs, Greater Daemons etc. although obviously they wouldn't be fighting Abaddon.
For other armies? I would say Vect could with a LOT of planning, trickery and diversion. Definitely not in hand to hand. Drazhar could probably make him sweat a little. Others above have mentioned others, Ghazgkull and Calgar might just, although I doubt it. I reckon Abaddon could pretty much take on anyone and win, the blessing of the Gods is not be taken lightly.

"Death? You want death? I'm afraid that would be far too boring."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode