Tau - Protected by Chaos (Crackpot Theories) - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-17-12, 04:23 AM Thread Starter
Embrace the Insanity

Insanity's Flag is: Australia

Default Tau - Protected by Chaos (Crackpot Theories)

Alright, this is just a complete crack pot theory that randomly popped into my head and doesn't need to be taken seriously.

For those who don't know, when the Tau were 1st discovered by the Imperium of man they were still simple beings who only just mastered the art of tools and fire. The Imperium planned to cleanse the planet and expand onto the new planet. When suddenly a warp storm completely cut them off from the world.

Crackpot Theory #1
Could this have been chaos protecting the Tau's future from destruction by the hands of the Imperium? (Yay for crackpot theories)

Another possibility is during the Tau's Mont'au (The Terror), When each of the Tau tribes were at constant war with each other and on the verge of death. When suddenly the mysterious Tau known as the Ethereals came and re-united the tribes bringing peace amongst them under the Greater Good.

Crackpot Theory #2
Could the Ethereals be in contact with Chaos and be charged with the overall task of over watching the Tau race? Could this be why the Chaos gods tend to ignore Tau?

So guys, What do you think of my strange theory?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-17-12, 04:29 AM

Could've been tzeentch aiding them to add another element in the total eternal war that is the 41st millenium, thus boosting the war's positive effect on the warp by creating more battlefields..
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-17-12, 04:44 AM
Arcane's Flag is: USA

Or

The Emperor used some of the last vestiges of his psychic powers to cause a storm, sufficient to save them. Since the Tau do not have psychic powers, their presence in the Warp is null, causing the powers of Chaos to ignore them, like a scentless fish in a sea of blind sharks. By being only shadows cast on the backdrop of the Warp, Chaos ignored them, but the Emperor realized their potential. Meanwhile, Eldar Farseers used their ability to see into the future to realize the Tau's potential and created the Ethereals using an alien hormone to influence their decisions. While unable to directly control the Tau, the Eldar could now ensure their development into a galactic power and thus see their potential as a future ally against Chaos realized.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-17-12, 05:10 AM Thread Starter
Embrace the Insanity

Ahh...completely forgot about that aspect of the Eldars involvement in the Ethereals. Still I enjoy creating and elaborating these theories. So as far as their "scentless" presence in the warp, could be associated with the (now dis proven theory) of the Ethereals being their to overlook the Tau so that the chaos gods had no need to keep watch over the Tau.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-17-12, 05:59 AM

stalarious's Flag is: Germany

Insanity I like your theroies if you wanna run your own fluff I would say that even yours are possibilities cause if you think about it you can tailor the current fluff to say any of the chaos gods influenced the Tau's survival.

So I am growing my enemy.....so what I gotta kill something.

CENTER][/CENTER]
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-17-12, 06:09 AM

kaboot's Flag is: Canada

Those darned warp storms... Showing up in the worst places at the worst times...
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-17-12, 07:15 AM Thread Starter
Embrace the Insanity

Alright, since I've pretty much started my own fluff, who would like me to continue on and pull some more story out of my ass?

It will involve

1.) Farsight discovering the chaos involvement (hence why he went off on his own)
2.) The rest of the Tau race finding out (and not being too happy)
3.) Ethereals and Demons

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode