The Emperor Wounded? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-15-12, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

Shattertheirsky's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default The Emperor Wounded?

I was wondering, Is there any record that you can think of of the Emperor being wounded? I mean, he was probably fighting battles against huge beasties during the great crusade, and if the primarchs can be wounded, then so can he, right?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-15-12, 06:22 PM

BlackGuard's Flag is: USA

In one of the Heresy novels. Someone recounts where Horus saved the Emperor from a particularly large Ork Warboss. If Horus had to 'save' the Emperor then chances are he was severely wounded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldman78 View Post
The chaos gods abandoned Horus most likely because they saw the can of whoop ass coming their way and wanted out of the way so as not to get fucked up!
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-15-12, 06:40 PM
hailene's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackGuard View Post
In one of the Heresy novels. Someone recounts where Horus saved the Emperor from a particularly large Ork Warboss. If Horus had to 'save' the Emperor then chances are he was severely wounded.
The exact quote is less specific. Horus cut the arm off of the Ork that was attempting to choke the Emperor. It never specified that the Emperor was, in fact, being choked to death.

After all, I could attempt to move the earth with my ears but that doesn't mean it would do anything.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-15-12, 07:20 PM

Iron Angel's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailene View Post
The exact quote is less specific. Horus cut the arm off of the Ork that was attempting to choke the Emperor. It never specified that the Emperor was, in fact, being choked to death.

After all, I could attempt to move the earth with my ears but that doesn't mean it would do anything.
Because the Emperor is the best and he can't be hurt by anything.

If a huge Ork Warboss is trying to choke you, he is choking you. The end.

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-15-12, 07:36 PM

Diatribe1974's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Angel View Post

In general, yes. But this is the Emperor we're talking about. For all we know, he was trying to force his hands around the Emp's throat to choke him, Horus saw that he was in trouble and came running in to save the day. Naturally, it could very well be just that in that the Emperor was being choked and Horus still came in to free daddy.

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-15-12, 07:43 PM

the quote was actually along the lines of the ork warboss struggling to strangle the Emperor, also previously the Emperor saved Horus's ass, he was shot in the head with a plasma weapon and went out cold for a while, the Emperor held the line and ensured he was ok.

And so in my opinion, what probably actually happened was the Emperor carrying out a sort of team building exercise were he could play the damsel in distress Horus would save him, Horus would feel good, they'd have a stronger bond and his martial pride would be intact.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-15-12, 07:54 PM
Closet Dictator

Old Man78's Flag is: Ireland

Cant remember the H.H book, way back when in earths history the emperor slays/banishes a demon that was preying on a village and in the fight is wounded and is described as having blood running down him, vague recollection I'm sorry, I'll try dig out the actual reference when I get a chance!

And anyway, Horus fucks him up good and proper so we know it can happen, and he wore armour so thats a big hint

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-15-12, 07:58 PM

I think that perhaps Oldman is talking about when the Emperor fought with the Ctan on earth (void dragon, from the book mechanicum), though that was thousands of years before the crusade it is still one of the few times he has been described as being wounded

Last edited by Lost&Damned; 07-15-12 at 08:08 PM.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-15-12, 08:05 PM

Taggerung's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldman78 View Post
Cant remember the H.H book, way back when in earths history the emperor slays/banishes a demon that was preying on a village and in the fight is wounded and is described as having blood running down him, vague recollection I'm sorry, I'll try dig out the actual reference when I get a chance!

And anyway, Horus fucks him up good and proper so we know it can happen, and he wore armour so thats a big hint
I believe you are talking about when the Emperor fights the Void Dragon and this is the fight where he subdues him to put on Mars. The book is Mechanicum

Check out my DKOK Project Log!

Armies : Raven Lords Chapter, 219th Siege Regiment and Da Grotteef Waaaaghhhh

Currently Painting : 219th Siege Regiment, about 25% done! Last updated 3/7/2013
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-15-12, 08:09 PM
hailene's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Angel View Post

We know nothing of the Emperor's physiology. Heck, we don't even know what he really looks like, much less how he works.

We know that the Primarchs are different enough that Space Marine apothecaries can't make head or tails of their innards. Is the Emperor different as well?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode