Is it possible for every ork to unite together? - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Codex that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/chapter/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-08-12, 12:33 AM
Craw-Daddy

Why would they want to unite together? The more orks in a waagh, the less glory, power and pride available to him. And besides if they all united, then it would take only a few years before orks used up all their fun forever.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-08-12, 01:01 AM
Warlord of Vermin

TechPr1est's Flag is: Australia

just compare the orks to us humans

do think its possible for every human on earth to unite under one flag"?

highly highly unlikely

we are constantly at war with each other
just look at halo. they are nearly extinct but there are still human rebels against the UNSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Bruva Alfabusa
"My first model had so many layers of paint, that an excavation team could probably find fossils in it".
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-08-12, 01:31 AM

Tell all orks that theres a battlefield so brutal that it has no end and they will all go there, problem is how you tell them all considering theres a new ork every 5 seconds..Armaggedon is fucked because of this, orks just keep coming because the imperium keeps fighting them off with all they can..

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-19-12, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob16151 View Post
Actually correct me if Im wrong, but aren't the biggest ork forces we've seen, the ones the Emperor, and Horus defeated at Ullanor? Ork bosses the size of a Leman Russ. One of them big and bad enough that it made a spirited attempt to strangle the Emperor.
What book is this from? Is it the Primarchs one?

post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-19-12, 02:53 PM

crabpuff's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechPr1est View Post
just compare the orks to us humans

do think its possible for every human on earth to unite under one flag"?

highly highly unlikely

we are constantly at war with each other
just look at halo. they are nearly extinct but there are still human rebels against the UNSC
Yes when there is one human left.... and maybe not even then

Chaos- Black Legion & Steel Brethren
W:16 D:7 L:9 W:9 D:2 L:5

Eldar Dragon Claws Corsairs
W:16 D:4 L:2

Da Skull Krushaz
W:27 D:2 L:13

Space Wolves
W:14 D:0 L:3
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-19-12, 03:31 PM

Da Joka's Flag is: USA

Possible? Yes. Likely? No.

It'd have to be an Epic Warboss to even pull it off. More likely it would be a few dozen really huge WAAAGH!!!s coming together, witch is not unheard of, but they'd need to really big.

Peace, Love, and Mass Destruction

Necrons in 6th Edition W: 28 L: 9 D: 5
Orks in 6th Edition W:9 L:9 D:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
F*** that, Barrel rolling monolith all the way.
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-22-12, 02:09 AM

alex567's Flag is: Great Britain

The orks are similar to nuclear fusion, if you have enough fuel it will go on indefinetely but when you run out the reaction stops and your left with a bunch of crap at the end, which is difficult to shift.

~alex
"Hate is able to provoke disorders, to ruin a social organization, to cast a country into a period of bloody revolutions; but it produces nothing. "

post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 06-22-12, 03:04 AM

Iron Angel's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shattertheirsky View Post
Looking at Ghazghkull's Waaaaaaagh and the carnage that caused, is there any way the Orks of the universe could unite together barring unification by Gork and Mork themselves?
Conceptually?

Yes.

Realistically?

No.

post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-11-12, 09:58 PM

alex567 hit the nail on the head.

I think of the ork Waaagh's as waves in the ocean. As long as there is wind to drive the momentum the wave continues onward, but when there is no wind the waves dissipate.

Imagine a sector completely overrun by orks. There's probably several warbosses fighting each other with massive armies, and all the orks do are fighting amongst themselves. Then suddenly, an incursion of (insert faction name here) occurs and the orks divert their attention towards the new enemy (because they are designed to band together when anything non-orkoid appears).

The biggest of the warbosses takes dominance, probably by killing the lesser contenders, and is made de-facto ruler of the combined ork forces. He is the one directing the massive Waagh against a (visible) target, but as soon as the immediate threat is over, the orks lose interest and through boredness, return to their petty squabbles as before.

The warboss can't be everywhere at once, and I don't think orks have any true loyalty, only respect for a bigger ork in their immediate vicinity.

Therefore I think Waagh's can only keep up the momentum by going planet to planet in hopes of finding new lifeforms to fight every time.

Also the orks have been designed to sustain themselves entirely.

Example:

The last orks are killed upon a random world.

The dying orks release spores that gestate and grow into a host of orkoid strains within months:

real orks (feral ork boys), laborers (gretchin) and food supplies (squigs)

The feral ork society will, if unprovoked, grow exponentially and suddenly more modern strains of orks will appear:

docs (doctors), wyrdboyz (sorcerers) and mekboys (mechanics / scientists)

The bigger the ork empire, the more advanced the ork society becomes, because only when at sufficient size will stompas and gargants appear, warmachines commonly seen during Waaagh's (Armageddon).

My guess is that orks can only stand to be crammed together up to a point. Then they move elsewhere or fight amongst themselves for territory. That's probably why orks are so succesful - they can grow from nothing and they will always instinctually expand.

That's where I see the Waaagh's 'gestalt psychic field' coming into play - I think it has a soothing effect on the ork psyche, enabling orks to unite whenever they have see and immediate common enemy, however it seems to be out of sight, out of mind for most orks.

In short:

A full-scale all-encompassing Waaagh would probably only be possible if you leave a breadcrump trail from ork empire to ork empire and then towards all lifeforms.

This is all speculation on my part, but I based it on what I've read in the old Gorkamorka books and Codex: Orks (3rd Ed.)

THE ORKS ALL SUFFER FROM ADD CAN'T YOU SEE IT???

post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-11-12, 10:27 PM

No. The reasoning? Orks like a good battle. As soon as they even came close to defeating their opponent, they would see them as too weak and unworthy and go on to something that would give em a good ole romp. The other reason is that Waaghs only work so long as there's a strong boss in charge and things are going well. As soon as there's any signs of weakness shown, there's usurpers and infighting between groups of orks and the whole thing collapses in on itself.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > 40k Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode