Would you be ok with playing against this 'counts as' army? - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
40k Expansions Newly expanded to include Planetstrike and Cities of Death discussion in addition to Apocalypse!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-30-12, 03:15 AM Thread Starter

Default Would you be ok with playing against this 'counts as' army?

So I've had this idea for an army for a long time (I know it might not be original) and with the recent additions I think I can finally pull it off. I was thinking of a marauder/mercenary/"Mad Max" style warband. My plan is to use cultists, IG, Ork and hopefully some foreworld pieces (wallet pending).

Heres the conundrum, My idea is that I want to use two maaaybe three different codices: Imperial Guard, Orks and possabry Dark Eldar. For IG its kinda obvious what I can use for the units but for the Chimeras I plan on using sixe appropriate Ork trukks , the Forge World Elysian Taurous for Hellhounds and maybe marauder horsemen as Roughriders.

For Orks I would use meched-up ogres for Mega Nobs or cybork bodies, the Elysian Taurous for war buggies and converted scout landspeeders for Deffkoptas.

Finally for Dark Eldar I can use the Landspeeders for Venoms, cyborgs/mutants for Wracks, Techpriests for Haemonculus and Valkyries/Vendettas for Raiders/Ravagers.

So.. the question is would you be ok playing against this theme if modeled appropriately? I of course will let my opponent know what everything is before hand and make it very clear what codex I will be using. Because it will so heavily converted I highly doubt i would even consider playing in a tourny with it. What do you think? If I get a good response I might have a Tau army for sale on the cheap lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-30-12, 09:18 AM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

That'd be fine by me, I use a bit of "counts as" stuff myself and a Mad Max Warband Army would be pretty cool to see.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-30-12, 10:01 AM
Angryman

shaantitus's Flag is: Australia

Location: A wretched hive of scum and villany. Actually PNG. Goddamn this place is a shithole.

I have a counts as army. I use the gk dex for my dark mechanicus. I use the old chaos androids as gk's, converted warmachine khador shock troopers as terminators, servitors and converted other models as inquisitors and henchmen, a converted dreadknight as a dreadknight old space crusade dreads in place of standard dreads, and a dystopian wars prussian metzeger as a venerable dread. One fluff concession we make is that we remove the bonuses the gk get against demons. That doesn't make sense for the dark mechanicus.

The trick is to make sure that once the dex you are using is made clear, that the units be readily identifiable and their wargear too. My opponent has not had an issue with this one, the only hassle I see is that some of the models are not gw. But that is not usually an issue in aus.

Sanity is for the weak.
'Evil will triumph because good is dumb.' Dark Helmet,Spaceballs
According to LUKEVALENTINE's test i am a diciple of khorne. Figures really.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-30-12, 10:36 PM
Punx For Life

jimmy gunn's Flag is: England

anyone who wouldn't play against that in a friendly game has no concept of the word FUN.

I'd play against it any day.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-02-13, 11:57 PM

windup-rabbit's Flag is: USA

I wouldn't see a problem as long as I got all the information ahead of time on what was what.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-12-13, 01:30 AM

What the hell, why not, go for it.

Ultramarines are Pussies

Except Dark Angels, any chapter that sounds like a Death Metal Band can't be that bad.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-12-13, 02:39 AM

Fallen's Flag is: USA

As long as i can tell what is what from ~6 feet away I am willing to go against anything.

if i have to look 6" away at each model to see if it has a melta/plasma/rockit/etc then I might not if it is just a pick up game on the 1st go around (and if I did, i would put zero tactical effort in because I would rather be looking at your models and BSing around)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbatte
if you squint the Sigmar stuff doesn't all look like the love children from a Necron and Blood Angel orgy.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-08-13, 09:41 PM

dragonkingofthestars's Flag is: USA

i go with what has been said.

Yes, but only if you A: put the effort into it: (which you said you will) and B: you make it clear whats coming from which dex.

Like, all your ork proxys all have green armor or something to make it clear from your other guys.

note: if you see me giving tactical advice: just assume i have a internet tab open to 1d4 chan and I'm summarizing off of that.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer 40K > General 40k > 40k Expansions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode